Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: greensmythe ( )
Date: August 03, 2015 07:51AM

Since Cecil the lion is slowly fading from the headlines, I thought it might be a good time to bring up once again the direct Mormon connection to big game trophy hunting. God fully and wholeheartedly endorses this practice, apparently, and even skims a little extra cash off the practice to pay form the kingdom, i.e. City Creek Mall.

A rather old article, but still worthwhile if you got your panties in a wad about for-profit big game hunting.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/770568/Tending-the-flock.html?pg=all

Few highlights from the article-

Church is using an unpaid, voluntary "missionary" to take care of the hunting preserve and to collect the $1500 a head from the doctors and dentists who are coming down to let out their blood lust on god's creation.

Church has another, big game ranch in northern Utah where the well-heeled mormon aristocracy pay up to $8500 for slaughter rights.

And the irony of the title is enormous "Tending the Flock" in God's kingdom means filling the flock up with shotgun blasts at regular intervals. On second thought, maybe the idea of a hunting preserve is completely compatible with the Mormon Gospel.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Myron Donnerbalken ( )
Date: August 03, 2015 08:42AM

I've heard guys quote that thing from the OT about man having "dominion over the beasts" as an excuse to hunt and kill what they will. The "right" kind of a guy will use this Biblical phrase to kill any animal he pleases. And if there's money to be made, then even Mormon God is pleased, indeed. Mormon God needs a little lettuce on the side to make his wildest dreams come true. Mormon God may also have a meth habit.

Posted by: Bruce A Holt ( )
Date: August 04, 2015 03:17PM

What??? A killed moose???

Horrors!

;^)

Posted by: Myron Donnerbalken ( )
Date: August 04, 2015 06:09PM

I'm afraid that none of us here care too much for moose. Mean and cantankerous, that's what they are.

Posted by: Bruce A Holt ( )
Date: August 04, 2015 06:15PM

I resemble that remark!

Bruce, formerly known here as moose

Posted by: ASteve ( )
Date: August 04, 2015 05:57PM

Friend of mine's parents were indentured servants at the lord's kill zone hunting resort. They would be tour guides for the wannabe mormonite "pioneer" recreators, then when the hunting season rolled around they took care of the hunters.

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: August 04, 2015 06:41PM

What a waste of time, those poor people.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: August 04, 2015 06:10PM

Cecil the Lion will be baptized for the dead into that great
Hunting Preserve in the sky.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 04, 2015 06:30PM

It is always hunting season for the Masters of Morg. They have minions a plenty and plenty of people willing to take their bullets and thank them for the opportunity.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.