Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 02:54PM

Well surprise surprise, what was the topic this week? Once again, if we haven't enough about ssm and the gays. This week it personal testimony meeting all about the gays. Apparently the feeling is that now that there are gay scout leaders being allowed in the boy scouts, and now the youth are going to be molested by pedophiles. When will this gay subject ever end??

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: goodeye ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 03:00PM

Regardless of TSCC feelings on this new statute with the BSA, it sounds like that was an abuse of what the TSCC has said "Fast and Testimony" meeting is supposed to be about. That would be enough for me to get up and give my "testimony" on the pulpit being used for spewing hate like this.

Posted by: southern Idaho inactive ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 03:19PM

For me it's gotten to the point where I either try not going to church or just cutting Priesthood after opening exercises. It's not like I'm missing much with the morg's obsession with this issue. Odds are somebody will post if they have yet another pointless lesson on this...

Date: August 02, 2015 03:31PM

I do the same. Probably will today as I'm sure the subject will be is in priesthood meetings.

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 06:35PM

Looks like your ward members need a review of the five points of a testimony.

https://www.lds.org/friend/2008/10/testimony-glove?lang=eng

See, nothing about gay people or scouts. Silly Mormons ;)

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 10:53PM

Yes, it could be my particular ward and stake where the hate mongering crusade against the lgbt community is particularly strong (I live only a few miles down the road from the boyd kkk packer) It's been three weeks straight of special meetings, talks, videos (where a member shared his coming out on lds dvd) dealing with the subject.

I wasn't at church personally but it was reported to me that the emotions were charged and that if certain members had guns they just might use them.

Date: August 02, 2015 11:05PM

Maybe the hatemongering is big here in Idaho and Utah!??? It seems like since that letter was read the morg has become really obsessed with this subject. I missed church last week as I was sick. But every time since the letter it's SSM, eternal marriage be, got to protect our Kids and family, the family is under attack etc...It's sickening. It's like the morg got Ashberger's(I have it) over this issue.

I wonder how much longer before attendance in wards stops to drop. The more they keep pushing this, despite their defeat, it'll be only a matter of time before they're a hate group. If it hasn't already happened ! It will!

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: August 03, 2015 12:20AM

This sort of ongoing hatred-spewing should not be tolerated in ANY house of worship.

Posted by: riverogue ( )
Date: August 03, 2015 04:45AM

its aspergers, not ashbergers...and it doesntexist in the latest DSM.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: August 03, 2015 03:26PM

From what I understand, Aspergers has been lumped in with autism under Autism Spectrum Disorder in the DSM-V.

Posted by: Satan's Little Helper ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 06:39PM

It seems to me that on a message board called "recovery FROM mormonism". Whose web address is EXmormon.org. It would be less common for people to go to mo-church, sit through all their craziness, and then regurgitate it here. Perhaps it should be recognized that is precisely why most folks leave. Specifically so they won't have to fill their heads with garbage.

A helpful hint. STOP GOING!!!! If you have to go because of some weird reason STOP LISTENING. If they force you to listen ala Clockwork Orange STOP REPEATING IT

just a thought

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 06:55PM

Some people *must* stay in for a variety of reasons. Some are just finding their way out. But *all* who are questioning are welcome.

Date: August 02, 2015 07:52PM

Thanks for saying that!!

Posted by: bonadea unregistered ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 11:07PM

I haven't been to a Mormon meeting for decades, but that doesn't mean it isn't interesting to hear about what is going on there.Here is 'a suggestion for Satan's Little Helper. DON'T READ THREADS THAT UPSET YOU.'

Date: August 02, 2015 11:53PM

Thank you! This is my current situation. If I didn't have to go I wouldn't but until the time is right I need to go and keep up the appearance.

And honestly this is the first place I heard any of the rumor about the church stepping away from the BSA then I started to hear friends talk about it from their wards.

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 06:52PM

Some people post here as an outlet because life or family circumstances compel them to attend church despite a lack of belief or faith in the TSCC. So how about you don't be a jerk about that fact.

just a thought

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 07:30PM

(when will this ever end?)

Not in your lifetime!!

Posted by: sampsonAtard ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 10:21PM

poopstone Wrote:

> Apparently the feeling
> is that now that there are gay scout leaders being
> allowed in the boy scouts, and now the youth are
> going to be molested by pedophiles. When will this
> gay subject ever end??

Couple weeks ago in a closed similar thread, a poster opined:

"I think the church will replace scouting with Duty to God, but here's the problem: the scouting program has all sorts of fantastic facilities for boys (Yeah, now they'll have even more sorts in the novel form of degenerate camp leaders SA.) The church? Not so much. This will come at the expense of a TON of fun activities for kids.

I don't think the church will care. Screw the youth."

That poster's final three words may apply to the fates of lots of little boys.

Posted by: KrisR ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 11:15PM

Ironically, I read something about an LDS Boy Scout troop that fell to the molestation issue back before gays were ever considered to be able to be leaders. Reading the comments on the Mormon Newsroom's FB page related to an article on the Mormons leaving the Boy Scouts(soooo many people are in favor of this), it seems to be the consensus that the church has never had problems with pedophilia- especially in their BS troops!

I would have had to get up and bear my testimony about the love of Jesus and how sad it was that people are so focused on this that they can't see past their own noses.

Date: August 02, 2015 11:30PM

Haven't they been covering up this molestation stuff for decades with them and the BSA!??

Posted by: KrisR ( )
Date: August 03, 2015 12:28AM

According to them, it is happening in other troops, not LDS ones(BUZZ, WRONG). But of course, pedophilia is going to stop happening because they get their own program and stay away from the evil Gay Boy Scouts, right?

Posted by: Myron Donnerbalken ( )
Date: August 03, 2015 05:53AM

Since when are pedophiles even gay? Most identify as hetero, no?

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: August 03, 2015 03:18PM

There's this that was on my Facebook feed yesterday, some Mormon dad is upset that his son doesn't hate gays like he does.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/listen- ... ys-enough/

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.