Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: deco ( )
Date: July 30, 2015 01:44AM

Anyone know if this guy is Mormon? Some things point to him being one.

1. He is a dentist, which is quite common in bishoprics and stake presidencies.

2. He is a sexual harasser.

3. He is an @sshole.

4. He has no shame in conveniently forgetting facts, particularly if they may involve criminal charges.

5. He runs a shady business known for over billing his customers.

6. His hunting abilities are demonstrative of many LDS scout outings.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: July 30, 2015 01:54AM

He has the narcissism to match, don't he?

He could rival the worst of them.

He believes himself to be above the law too, insofar as he doesn't get caught.

In 2009 he was convicted of a felony for lying to coverup his role in the unlawful killing of a black bear in Wisconsin.

And now this. He had to know what he was doing, he is no dummy.

Authorities are saying there may not be anything he can be charged with, but for the public outrage.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: July 30, 2015 02:54AM

He certainly could be. Here are a few links..
http://www.ldschurchnewsarchive.com/articles/58709/United-States-information-Minnesota.html

http://files.lib.byu.edu/mormonmigration/articles/MinnesotaMormonsAHistory.PDF

I posted on my FB that I hope he loses his entire dental practice and that someone should knock all of his teeth out so he can be the toothless dentist. I want his life to be that he has a lion's head to hang on his wall but they he has no wall....no home, no wife, no money, nothing. I assume he doens't have any kids since he doesn't have a penis. Anynoe with a penis (even one half inch long) would not have to look macho by killing a lion so the great dentist has no penis and hence no kids. When the lion has a rifle too, it will be a sport. I absolute hate this son of a bitch. I hope someone beats the crap out of him daily every hour on the hour, knocks all of his teeth out, and that he doesn't have even ONE patient left.

Posted by: yah way ( )
Date: July 30, 2015 09:37PM

You sound like the God of the Old Testament. Respond to violence with more violence. That will make the world a better place.

Posted by: ellenbee ( )
Date: July 30, 2015 02:56AM

I have read that he is a Republican, and donated to Mitt Romney's presidential campaign, for whatever that may be worth.

I know this is VERY subjective. but in the pictures I've seen of Palmer, he has a "look" that I associate with TBMs (I went to school with lots of them).

Don't really see what difference it makes, anyway. Mormon or not, Palmer is a lying, arrogant, waste-ejecting lower orifice. He's not even a good hunter - his arrow didn't kill the lion, it only badly wounded him and left Cecil in agony for 40 hours until he was finally shot with a gun.

Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: July 30, 2015 09:41AM

I have no idea what religion he is, not something normally covered by the news here in the vast frozen wasteland of the north. We don't really think it is important.

However, they were interviewing protestors on the news last night, a number of them were his dental patients. They are appalled their hard earned money helped finance this. I think he stands to lose a lot of his practice if he is able to open it again.

Hunting is part of our history in Minnesota. However most people here hunt to eat what they kill. This is no differnt than shining deer to kill them illegally. Poaching is poaching.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: July 30, 2015 09:48AM

Trust me, there are people like this all over. I work with (luckily not for) several of them who I have often thought it was too bad that they weren't born mormon. They'd have the titles and the obedient subjects to go along with their power trips.

Posted by: anonnow ( )
Date: July 30, 2015 10:09AM

I know another dickhead dentist trophy hunter in Nevada. He once flew in a helicopter in Canada, found a Polar Bear, dropped down, got out and shot it, then hopped back in the helicopter while minions scooped it up and sent it to the taxidermist. His house was filled with stuffed rare animals he had killed, I am suprised there wasn't a human in there. To me that signals some sort of personality disorder.

Posted by: mrtranquility ( )
Date: July 30, 2015 10:34AM

Also, he lives in Minnesota and grew up in North Dakota, an area thinly populated with Mormons.

I live in suburb just north of his dental practice and while I have not been active for ten years, I've never heard of him in Mormon circles. Looks like he has a thriving practice and is rich, so he would rise very quickly in the Mormon ranks if he were Mormon, since Mormon Ghawd has blessed him with worldly riches.

Posted by: Changeisariver ( )
Date: July 30, 2015 06:02PM

At Mormon dentist last week,he was talking with co-worker about a group of friends packing guns to got to Africa for a safari.
Today, Mormon Abby Huntsman said on The Cycle she has family that loves to go 'trophy hunting'.
Those two events are what made me question if it is part of LDS culture to hang dead animals in your home to prove your what?--power, virility, testosterone level is adequate?
And if Mormon god blesses with wealth, does he curse with poverty for not trying hard enough? What BS.

Also, Lutherans come in basically 2 flavors, liberal-ELCA, conservative-Missouri Synod.
Bachmann was born and raised in Iowa, not MN.

Posted by: Elder What's-his-face ( )
Date: July 30, 2015 11:04AM

Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: July 30, 2015 11:19AM

You forget the name Michele Bachmann, do you?

Although she represented the North Metro and he lives in Bloomington apparently, there are LOTS of evangelical-types in Minnesota. I'd go as far to say a good number of those migrating to the ever-growing Twin Cities metro area are conservative evangelical types. That may explain the existence of talk radio stations like that "1280 The Patriot" and conservative blowhards like Jason Lewis, who are so extremist even Jesse Ventura taunted guys like him.

If he were to live in Oakdale or Woodbury, maybe, because of that closet-sized temple over there and TBMs tend to live near where temples are located.

Posted by: mrtranquility ( )
Date: July 30, 2015 12:03PM

Bachmann and her ilk are still outnumbered in the state overall. Most are still left-leaning sensible Lutheran types. Not long ago I was helping a friend do the music at a Lutheran church. I sat there looking up at Lutheran Jesus. He looked so friendly - not at all like suffering Catholic Jesus or that Kolob-dwelling nutjob Mormon Jesus.

Date: July 30, 2015 12:33PM

My last boyfriend lives in Maple Grove, in the Twin Cities region. I'd visit him periodically, and he'd take me to his Lutheran services where he worshiped. There are so many Lutheran churches there it's like visiting Utah and the Mormon chapels dotting the landscape.

There was a beautiful old Lutheran landmark chapel we went to downtown Minneapolis my last visit there. A cathedral.

Ex-boyfriend's dad had been a Lutheran minister. So he grew up living and breathing it. He's very conservative in his politics. And extremely religious, evangelical leaning.

Date: July 30, 2015 12:52PM

My two Mormon friends here in Minnesota live in the Lake Minnetonka area which is the western edge of the Twin Cities.

Amyjo not all Lutheran's are conservative right wing types. Most of us are not. In my church I can count on one hand the republicans in the place. I am western suburbs, middle class, college graduate type.

We support outreach, house the homeless, cook at the shelter and have missions in Africa. Where we send money, clothing, school books etc.

I learned the value of protesting in confirmation.

Date: July 30, 2015 09:24PM

My ex-beau does all that and still considers himself a right winger. But then he's very pro-life and supports the GOP 100% of the time.

He's old school. Born in '42. So grew up in a different generation from mine. Sees the world through a different lens. Plus his parents were Lutheran Dutch/Swedish immigrants, like many Minnesotans. Very traditional family and upbringing with very conservative values.

Glad to hear not all Lutherans are as right wing as him.

He donates all the time to different charities and causes. He's generous to a fault.

Minnesota is a great state. I didn't realize how nice it is until I went there to visit him. It has much to be proud of.

Date: July 31, 2015 10:47AM

He is a lot older than I am. Born in '54. Also depends on the Synod. Some are far more conservative than mine.

Posted by: somnambulist ( )
Date: July 30, 2015 12:05PM

no, but his wife's name is 'Tonette,' after a kind of recorder flute made from plastic that elementary school kids learn music on.

Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: July 30, 2015 06:05PM

Tonette is the name of Scott Walker's wife.

I hope it's not the same person, and that they're in a threesome. The future President ;) doesn't need any scandalous revelations.

Posted by: somnambulist ( )
Date: July 31, 2015 09:14AM

No, that's her name, too. I had never heard it before and now thee are two of them?

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: July 30, 2015 03:19PM

No, not many Mormons in ND, but there are some. Utah editorial cartoonist Cal Grondahl is an ND (former) Mormon.

If Palmer is Mormon, word will spread soon enough. I rather doubt he is.

Posted by: brothernotofjared ( )
Date: July 30, 2015 09:36PM

Yes.

Oh No, wait a minute I misread the subject. I thought is said, "Is Walter J Palmer DDS, a Moron?"

Posted by: Richard Foxe ( )
Date: July 31, 2015 02:08AM

"Lion of the Lord"? The Lion House in SLC? By all means, let's cover every angle...

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: July 31, 2015 02:15AM

I assume LDS inc will wait a year before they have the kids dead dunk Cecil.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: July 31, 2015 02:34AM

He looks so proud in the picture with the dead lion doesn't he? Anyone who doesn't believe in abortion should think about this? Should this slimy F*CKER'S mom have had an abortion 7 months beofore giving birth to this monster? YES! Sure is too bad she didn't. Now the world has to deal with her monster son. Hitler's mom should have had one too.

My favorite parts of the article are:
Social media accounts for the dental practice and its Yelp page were flooded with angry comments and death threats. - STOP THREATENING AND BLOW THE F*CKER'S HEAD OFF. I want to mount it on my wall and shoot arrows at it daily.

PETA tweeted that it would prefer for him to be hanged publicly: - sounds good to me since it is the only place/time he has ever been hung or ever will be. No real man with a real penis shoots helpless animals for no reason except to make himself look like he might have a penis. He might have fooled some people but not me - I have a bigger penis then him and I am female.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2015 02:36AM by verilyverily.

Posted by: Yeah Way ( )
Date: July 31, 2015 09:08AM

I take it you're pro death penalty, except vigilante style. If everybody in the world were like you I think we'd still be hunter gatherers and beating the crap out of each other.

You just sound so violent. Did you forget to take your meds?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 31, 2015 10:52AM

I get the anger. I probably felt the same way, but waited until I cooled down to post on the board and on social media.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: July 31, 2015 04:40AM

The killing of Cecil probably has done more to prevent the killing of lions than all the work of conservationists could ever accomplish. The story reminds me of the case of a Christian martyr who placed himself as the one to die in place of another in a Roman arena. It was the last such killing.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 31, 2015 08:51AM

If nothing else, it has put African big-game hunters on notice that there is a ton of social disapproval for their activities.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.