Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 12:45PM

"The following illustrations show ways we can choose to be "humble."
https://www.lds.org/bc/content/shared/content/images/magazines/ensign/2015/08/august-2015-ensign-magazine-mormon_1499587_prt.pdf

Um, no. None of these things shows true humility before The Lord.

First picture shows obedience. Second charity. Third prayer which as we know from Rameumpton doesn't have to show humility. Forth shows service and fifth shows ancestor worship.

And 3 out of five of them show towing the line for LDS Inc. and not personal humility.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2015 12:45PM by Elder Berry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Unbelievable ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 05:27PM

I am not watching or reading that because I want to distance myself from anything the cult publishes. To me, humility means learning, being open minded and acknowledging opportunities to self-correct when errors, etc. are made.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 06:54PM

It is a picture. It has five drawings put together. It looks kinda like Jehovah Witness type stuff. Total cult stuff. When you see what is going on, you see with different eyes. Back in the day the cult dupes saw with "spiritual eyes." When you lose these kind of eyes you see LDS Inc. for what it really is - a program of indoctrination to get people to do things they would never do without their indoctrinations.

They call a hobby that is genealogy as a way to be humble. So you can be proud of your efforts in your hobby.

Black is white and up is down.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.