Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: beyondashadow ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 01:23AM

... and Benjamin Franklin, and Marie Antoinette. Lucy Mack Smith was not Joseph Smith, Jr.'s mother.

A local exmo friend (whom I won't name) has some very interesting perspectives on Joseph Smith, Jr. based on information from Kerry O'Boran who wrote 'The Widow's Son: The Esoteric History of the Prophet Joseph Smith and the Origin of Mormonism'. My friend knows Kerry personally.

Here are recent observations from my friend:

"The lineage of JS is in direct descent from Jesus. That lineage is from Marie Antoinette, a Hapsburg through the Bourbon family. When she was arranged to marry Louis XVI (I think that is the right Louis), he was unable to procreate. So Benjamin Franklin went to France and sired two children with Marie. The girls name was Sophie Beatrix, but I can't remember the boys real name, but he became known as James John Audobon (of Audobon Society fame). Franklin brought both children to America to protect them. Sophie was put into the family of Aseal Smith and lived for a while as a sibling of Joseph Smith, Sr., father to Joseph Smith Jr. According to O'Boran Sophie who later became known as Vienna Jacques was the mother of at least JS, Jr. (and probably the oldest Smith brother Alvin who probably would have been what JS came to be except he was poisoned to death by the same physician who poisoned Napolean Boneparte)."

"JS 'inherited' certain items from Franklin, and in all probability that is where he got that seer stone regardless of the made up stories. Franklin is known to have had a seer stone in the head of his cane which he left to George Washington at his death. How many seer stones Franklin had possession of is not known."

[End of comment]

I make no claims for or against these statements. I don't know how Lucy Mack Smith enters into this equation. I have no information to confirm or deny.

I'm tossing this out to watch the RfM feeding frenzy ... usually entertaining and often enlightening.

Sounds like some of you have information about GAs being descendants of Jesus Christ. I must have missed Seminary the day that was taught.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2015 01:42AM by beyondashadow.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 01:42AM

Some of the early apostles taught that they were literally blood relatives of Jesus. The rest of the information I'm dubious of.

Posted by: Wilruf ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 02:21AM

It has been stated that all persons in Europe in the 9th century and whose descendants survived the wars and plagues are all ancestors of those today with a European line.

If the legend that descendant(s) of Jesus moved to Europe is true, all of us with European ancestry are likely descendants of Jesus.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 02:27AM

In the name of Jesus Christ, who cares? Amen.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 08:23AM

Posted by: brothernotofjared ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 03:17AM

And I thought the Book of Abraham was the biggest pile of shit the Mormons could come up with!

Nope. Wrong. UnUnh. JS Jr. a descendant of Christ? Never happened. He was the son of a motherless goat if anything.

Patriarchal Blessing? Just more Mormon make-believe. Sorry, don't buy the descendant of the twelve tribes of Israel baloney either.

Who dreams up this crap?

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 05:41PM

brothernotofjared Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And I thought the Book of Abraham was the biggest
> pile of shit the Mormons could come up with!
>
> Nope. Wrong. UnUnh. JS Jr. a descendant of Christ?
> Never happened. He was the son of a motherless
> goat if anything.
>

> Who dreams up this crap?

Um, credit given where credit is due, Joe Smith came up with that, another one of Joe's gems of MORmONISM, it was part of what (SUPPOSEDLY) entitled Joe to a direct visit from god over the question of religion.

are you impressed ?????

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 03:36AM

Well the version I heard was that when christ died Mary Magdelena, and Mary the mother of the church, set sail with Joseph of Armethia and the "holy grail" or "gralle santos", which means "blood holy" in the vessel of his 1 year old daughter. They settled somewhere in France and she married into some nobility of the Aryan Nordic tribes which is considered the House of Israel. (House of Israel by Joseph whitehead)

then the nights of templar were suppose to spring forth guarding the challace and the secret to eternal life (holy grail, David Brown)

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 11:39AM

One thing I can believe about the OP's friend's post is that Ben Franklin impregnated the Queen of France. He was quite the rake!

Seriously, elites (members of various lucky sperm clubs) tend to ennoble their forebears to validate their happy positions at the top of the food chain. Hence, the extension of BIC & "First Families" pomposity to the pretentious myths of messianic descent.

This is America, folks: it's not where you come from that counts, but what you're doing and where you're going.

Date: July 29, 2015 11:52AM

The other Mormon BS is the concept of being 'adopted' into the House of Israel just because some old fart with an overinflated sense of his own speerchullness says so.

Mormonism: Where Imagination Becomes Reality

Date: July 29, 2015 12:04PM

beyondashadow Wrote:

>
> Mormonism: Where Imagination Becomes Reality

^Yes!

Date: July 29, 2015 12:28PM

brandywine Wrote:
> beyondashadow Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> >
> > Mormonism: Where Imagination Becomes Reality
>
> ^Yes!

That slogan actually sounds like an innovative technology company. I'll change one word and make it more accurate:

Mormonism: Where Imagination IS Reality

Date: July 29, 2015 12:32PM

Either way this is true.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 05:43PM

MORmONISM: where BS becomes MORmON reality.

Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 12:00PM

I'll make a claim regarding the original post... What the fuck?

Date: July 29, 2015 12:14PM

I, beyondashadow, Wrote:
> Franklin brought both
> children to America to protect them. Sophie was
> put into the family of Aseal Smith and lived for a
> while as a sibling of Joseph Smith, Sr., father to
> Joseph Smith Jr. According to O'Boran Sophie who
> later became known as Vienna Jacques was the
> mother of at least JS, Jr.
>

Implied here is copulation between Joseph Smith, Sr. and his foster sister, Sophie/Vienna. If JS, Jr. inherited some of his reproductive proclivities from his dad, this alleged behavior resulting in JS, Jr.'s conception is not implausible.

Not clear how Lucy Mack Smith is JS, Jr.'s mother of record. He would be a step son. Adoption would not make sense. I dunno.

I can't explain it ... just reporting what my friend wrote. He believes it. No objections on this end to those who think this is BS.

Reminds me of what I sometimes tell people about my unsightly pot belly gut: "I'm pregnant, and I don't even know who the mother is."

I just sent an email to my friend to see if he can shed any more light on how Lucy Mack Smith became JS, Jr.'s mother of record.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2015 12:43PM by beyondashadow.

Posted by: Unbelievable ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 05:29PM

I concur with comments by brothernotofjared

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 05:40PM

Except that Bonaparte died from his arsenical wallpaper.

http://www.victorianweb.org/history/arsenic.html

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 10:59PM

I thought jesus was a virgin

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.