Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GeezerDogMom ( )
Date: July 28, 2015 10:49PM

I have been reading and enjoying your posts for over a month now (sent in my letter the last week of June 2105 after going inactive exactly a year before so I could study and think without pressure).

Was I supposed to register somewhere on this site? I have posted a couple of replies but tonight's power outage initially made me think I wasn't a "member" and was not supposed to be participating? Funny, how "obedience" makes us paranoid and ultra-compliant!

Thanks for the great posts and the humor here. I can't find a log-in screen so just let me know where it is, if it exists.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: July 28, 2015 10:51PM

You can if you want but not registering won't stop you from

posting as much as you want. Welcome GeezerDogMom.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: July 28, 2015 10:51PM

It looks to me that you are adequately registered.

Posted by: Ex-Sis ( )
Date: July 28, 2015 11:04PM

Congrats for resigning!

Thank you for caring for dogs. One dog is a handful for me... I have a friend who helped raise guide/service dogs (socializing them before the trainer). Those are clearly "lucky dogs" to have found a safe, caring home. =)

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: July 28, 2015 11:07PM

+1 we have two naughty doggies.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 28, 2015 11:52PM

You don't have to register, and are welcome to use this forum without registering for as long as you wish. However it is a great idea to register because it will activate certain features. If you are registered you can stay logged in. Posts that are new or have fresh replies will be marked for your attention. You can report posts. Plus you know that no one else will be using your board name.

Your privacy is respected on this board. No one will contact you using the email with which you register (if a board mod needs you for something, s/he will give you a shout-out on the board.) It took me a long time to register, but once I did, I wish I had done it sooner. It makes the board an even better experience.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2015 11:54PM by summer.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 12:48PM

No one will contact you using the email with which you register (if a board mod needs you for something, s/he will give you a shout-out on the board.)

You also can register with a throw away, anonymous email account. We don't require a primary like some sites do. We do ask you pick a name and stick with it :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2015 01:01PM by Susan I/S.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 01:29AM

Hi, fellow dog lover! Registering makes everything easier--for example, you can edit a misspelling or add to your post. I felt comfortable leaving my email address with the moderators.

Posted by: cupcakelicker (drunk) ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 03:49AM

> I have posted a couple of replies but tonight's
> power outage initially made me think I wasn't a
> "member" and was not supposed to be participating?
> Funny, how "obedience" makes us paranoid and
> ultra-compliant!

It could be that a BIC from TSCC who works at your ISP has traced your IP and is implementing a MITM attack between your PC and DNS, for and on behalf of the SCMC, though it's probably just inclement weather.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 10:28AM

(sent in my letter the last week of June 2105)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.