Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: July 28, 2015 11:13AM

Temple Square sister, in fact.

I must say, I've heard or read about missionaries singing praises to profits past and present, but I thought BY was considered too controversial to salute.

http://sisterfluckiger.blogspot.com/2015/06/hey-yall-so-yes-i-am-still-saying-yall.html#comment-form

"Brigham Young is such a cool guy! I mean he was having Family Home Evening every night 60 years before Family Home Evening was even instituted. Talk about cool!
We have been able to have some neat experiences as we have served there. It's always different and we always try to make it fun while also having it very spiritual. It's great. We also were able to serve there on his birthday! June 1st 1801 Brigham Young was born. On one of our tours we told them that it was his birthday that day and they just looked at each other and was like "how cool is it that we came today" and then they looked at us and ask "are you doing anything for his birthday? can we take part in it?" So if you want to wish Brigham Young a happy Birthday-now is the time."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2015 11:15AM by agnesbroomhead.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: July 28, 2015 11:15AM

Pardon me while I puke. I disliked BY while I was still in tssc.

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: July 28, 2015 11:31AM

aquarius123 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pardon me while I puke. I disliked BY while I was
> still in tssc.

^ Me too! In fact, I was seriously only about five when I knew I didn't like him.

Posted by: pamelapotrey ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 04:52PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2015 04:56PM by momto15kids.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: July 28, 2015 11:44AM

Have her read the first 90 pages of William Wise's book, Massacre at Mountain Meadows.

But, she won't.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: July 28, 2015 11:54AM

BY's idea of "family home evening" was "Which of my wives, many of which are still currently other mens' wives, am I going to screw tonight?"

That's "cool?"

Date: July 28, 2015 12:05PM

When you put it like that, I bet some guys would say yes ;)

Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: July 28, 2015 11:59AM

So every night he met with almost 100 people who made up his family?

Bullshit. The lies that are fed to LDS people are incredible.

Posted by: John_norelation_wayne ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 03:49PM

I agree. The logistics just don't seem like FHE would be possible in a family that large.

Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 04:26PM

Not all of his wives lived at the lion house and beehive house. From what I've read, it sounds like he often went weeks, if not longer, without interacting at all with some of his "wives" and children. It's hard to be a good father to five kids, let alone how ever many he had. I would bet that most of his kids hated him.

Posted by: Ex-Sis ( )
Date: July 28, 2015 12:08PM

He couldn't possibly recognize all of his own children, much less know their names.

It was so cool that he sent men to the train to pick out the prettiest, wealthiest women to "marry" then leave them destitute. I suppose the sister missed his quote about his wives complaining, or that he only took a favorite wife to St.George.

Tyrants and criminals are so cool! She needs to return to Jr. High, with her party hats and read about Mountain Meadows.

Posted by: You don't know me ( )
Date: July 28, 2015 12:18PM

I literally LOLed at this thread.

BY. Family Home Evening. 55 wives. 50 some odd kids.

That's just a laughable scene. But I bet she feels pretty special, with a burning spirit and untroubled countanance.

Good luck with that.

Posted by: iflewover ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 01:02PM

If you keep them as little children, anything is believable.

This poor missionary seems to be about emotional age 11.

Posted by: fritz ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 11:26AM

I like the P.S.: "A hippo can eat from 80 to 150 pounds of grass in one night." That's possibly her definition of cool.

Posted by: sb ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 12:21PM

The last time I toured his "mansion" I mentioned to the people I was hosting that BY had 56 wives. The sister missionaries leading the group immediately jumped in to say that HE ONLY HAD 25, and that 56 is an ugly anti mormon rumor. I immediately said, oh 25 sounds so much better!

Date: July 29, 2015 12:29PM

56 is an ugly anti-Mormon rumor? Um, I knew that as a TBM even before my mission. So, either the missionary was lying or she knows nothing about her religion.

Posted by: the investigator ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 02:49PM

For a guy who would rather go to his grave he sure embraced it with a passion. He must have been some masochist. He should have cut himself some slack and stopped at 3.

Date: July 29, 2015 03:49PM

IMO, polygamist men are only husbands in the sense of having sex with the wives. Most polygamist wives had to fend for themselves while one of them actually lived with and was fully supported by the husband. BY could financially support more because he was financed by the church.

Posted by: iknowthischurchisfalse ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 12:22PM

In that case, she's REALLY gonna love Bill Cosby.

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 12:27PM

And I like this little gem from Sister:

I know that we belong to the coolest and truest church on the Earth.

Posted by: iflewover ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 12:36PM

"He was the coolest. He took over from Joseph Smith and continued
the still-standing tradition of living off the backs of the members. So cool!!

Also visitors, know that BY turned out to be one of the wealthiest prophets we've ever had.
You just know the Lord was blessing him in his righteousness!

That's how our church knows you are favored of God:
He will give you multiple homes, many wives and children, Jet Skis, 4-wheelers and Disney vacations twice a year!

What's that? Oh right! Scratch that many wives part. We don't teach that. We've never taught that! Where did you hear that?!?"

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 12:52PM

In @ Sister "Fluckiger"

Posted by: poin0 ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 01:03PM

When I was a TBM I assumed he was a "cool guy" too. That sister missionary, and most other TBMs, don't know very much about Brigham Young. Same goes for Joseph Smith. When you're a TBM you just assume they were good people.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 01:04PM

Yeah cuz there really cool guys are the ones who tell people to come across in the handcarts when it's already too late in the season and obviously so.

And only the real cool guy help cover up (at the very least) the MMM.

And the really cool guys always back up the bishops who take some guys fiancé and then cut off his testicles and hang them over the chapel door when he objects.

What a cool guy.

And what on earth is this FHE bull? What is this sister missionary on. Oh yeah, a big pill of Ignorant Arrogance.

Posted by: Bfp ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 01:24PM

Yeah he was a "cool" and "neat" guy alright. To bad she wasn't born back then, then it would have been real cool if he would have called on her to be one of his wifey's. That would have been neat. It's dumb ass naive comments like these from young adult mormons who will soon take the reigns of the church that gives me hope that TSCC is trouble..bwhahahaha.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 02:45PM

Sort of the way some women think certain guys are cool -- until they get slapped around.

Posted by: big t ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 03:00PM

WHY do lds women all act like they are 12 years old?

Posted by: Big t ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 03:03PM

Would she still think he is cool as his 51st wife having to listen to him having sex with her sister wives?

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 03:39PM

"called" men to work on the UPRR which he contracted with; many if not most weren't paid.

co-mingled his personal accounts with "church" funds; settlement of his estate was a Total Mess.

charged members for divorces.

owned a distillery

not 'cool', but rather KEWL!

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 04:42PM

Student asks: "why was there polygamy?"
Seminary teacher: "the key to understanding 'why' has been taken from the earth"

Anyone ever get that answer?

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 04:51PM

There are still people who admire Stalin.

Nutters.

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: July 29, 2015 04:53PM

Mormon missionaries are clueless when it concerns most things about the church and its history.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: July 30, 2015 01:19AM

How many converts does tscc net from these historical whorehouses?

I don't understand why they bother to staff and pay for their upkeep.

Posted by: pamelapotrey ( )
Date: July 30, 2015 02:00AM

All the books that I've read about BY make him sound like a real bastard. I'd be surprised if some of his kids & grand kids didn't leave the church . If any of the kids made any noise whatsoever during any prayers , he'd take'em out right then& there & beat their butts. " Yes, master, whatever you say , Massah ". ( Bad spelling on purpose ).

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: July 30, 2015 02:29AM

""Brigham Young is such a cool guy! I mean he was having Family Home Evening every night 60 years before Family Home Evening was even instituted." - if group sex with several women is FAMILY HOME EVENING, more power to the as*hole.

I wonder how many women got STDs from the slimeball.... he must have had all kinds of STDs. YUCK!

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: July 30, 2015 02:33AM

"WHY do lds women all act like they are 12 years old?" - Many lds women ARE 12 YEARS old and being fu*ked by someone old as*hole 3 times their age.

Go ahead and GAG. Some are several months shy of their 13th birthdays too.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.