Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: levantlurker ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 02:28PM

http://kutv.com/news/local/100-people-resign-from-lds-church

I don't know why this surprises me, but it does. I think I've seen too many people over the years ball their eyes out at F&T over a friend or neighbor removing their names from the records. The comments are 90% negative. Here's a small sampling:

Oh no! Not 100 out of the millions! What a tragedy! :)

Well, byyyyyyye come back when you're ready to accept the gospel and principles for its true form.

Oh my, 100 people? Now what will we do? 100 people only brings the Churches total to 14,999,900 people. Oh the humanity!!!!

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya! Good riddance.

Nah nah nah nah....Hey hey heyyyyy Goodbye!

Good riddance to all of them!!!

Better call the whambulance.

So they are dissatisfied with the Lord Jesus Christ. Good luck with that

Finally. They don't believe or trust in God if they have these doubts

Don't let the door hit you on your way out!

Good Riddance

There's the door! Don't let it hit you on the way out!

Losers

They where never lds

Bitter, party of 100! Hasta LA bye-bye!

Good riddance!!!

Buh-bye.

There loss!

Adios! She won't be missed!

Leave and Shut Up

Boo hoo, boo hoo, boo hoo, oh please don't leave, we need idiots like you around.....NOT!!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 02:35PM

What a Christlike organization they have to help them be the way they are...

Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 02:38PM

The fact this is in the news screams cult. No mainstream church would bat an eye.

Posted by: the investigator ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 02:44PM

the comments don't seem too bad to me. It is a small number (100) and for whatever deluded reason they still believe. I ve seen worse insults on the net when people are discussing their favorite fruit.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 02:51PM

I thought it wasn't a numbers game and the ninety and nine are supposed to be concerned with the 1?

Jesus is supposed to be running this org right?

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 02:53PM

If a mission taught me anything it was that only numbers matter and JC had very little to do with church other than his name.

Posted by: levantlurker ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 02:57PM

Really? I think for a TBM to say "good riddance" is basically to completely abandon the 2nd mission statement of the Church "To Perfect the Saints."

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 04:06PM

The difference is your favorite fruit doesn't run your life and demand your time and money.

Date: July 27, 2015 02:46PM

Do you think they'd speak like that if a loved one was participating in the mass resignation? I also find it funny that someone thinks there are really 15 million. I think TSCC counts the dead and less-actives to get those numbers.

Posted by: Imbolc ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 02:54PM

Yes, the comments are hateful, maybe even hurtful to some. But they are childish too and not very original. But here's what anyone who has left can appreciate:

Will you be going to church on Sundays? They will.

Will you be giving 10% to support a false church? They will.

Will you be hanging out with judgmental fake friends? They will.

Will you be doing busy tasks that take you away from friends and family? They will.

This list could go on and on about the benefits of leaving the church, whether officially or not. And those haters will never know the sweet, sweet freedom we enjoy on a daily basis because we don't put up with their crap anymore. They can laugh and sneer all they want, but that won't change the fact that none of us want to go back. And as an added bonus, nonmembers can see how charitable and loving and Christ-like Mormons are.

Posted by: iris ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 04:01PM

+1

Posted by: yamsi ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 04:18PM

Imbolc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, the comments are hateful, maybe even hurtful
> to some. But they are childish too and not very
> original. But here's what anyone who has left can
> appreciate:
>
> Will you be going to church on Sundays? They
> will.(Most will do so reluctantly)
>
> Will you be giving 10% to support a false church?
> They will. ( They will be claiming 100% but justifying it on the net)
>
> Will you be hanging out with judgmental fake
> friends? They will. (In a contest to be the most righteous by being the most accusatory)
>
> Will you be doing busy tasks that take you away
> from friends and family? They will. ( With an extra dose of Prozac to get them through the day)
>
> This list could go on and on about the benefits of
> leaving the church, whether officially or not.
> And those haters will never know the sweet, sweet
> freedom we enjoy on a daily basis because we don't
> put up with their crap anymore. They can laugh
> and sneer all they want, but that won't change the
> fact that none of us want to go back. And as an
> added bonus, nonmembers can see how charitable and
> loving and Christ-like Mormons are.

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 03:03PM

It is kinda nice when the church membership shows their real attitude in situations like this.

They're a mean, hateful bunch under their thin candy coating, IMO.

Posted by: Haunted Wasatch ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 03:09PM

The comments only reveals the childish nature (Ie emotionally stunted) of the cults membership.

Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 03:17PM

Agree with everyone...

This shows the TRUE nature of these people. They are so used to faking who they are with each other that when these type of opportunities are presented they jump at the chance to be genuine and express their true feelings.

Mean. Nasty. Judgemental.

All evidence that they feel they are being treated mean, nasty and being judged by those around them, OR the teachings they are receiving from their leaders are causing them to be this way.

Take your pick. Either way they are nothing like Jesus Christ.

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 03:20PM

If the morg made leaving the morg easier for people, they wouldn't have gone to all this trouble! Instead they make it difficult by harassing them etc to come back! How many people have not resigned by letting their feet do the talking instead!?? probably lots we don't know about!!

New of this type will only tell the public that the morg is a cult!!

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 03:26PM

One comment struck me:

>Boo hoo, boo hoo, boo hoo, oh please don't leave, we need idiots like you around.....NOT!!!!!

No, they don't need more idiots around - they have plenty already (most of the TBM clueless)!

Posted by: IMout ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 03:27PM

Show me one of them that worked their ass off for two years on a mission and baptized 100 people. I'll bet you won't find one person.

It's always been this way. kill yourself trying to bring them in the front door and turn around and kick them out the back door.

They are working hard not smart, never mind that that they sound like five year olds.

Posted by: IMout ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 03:29PM

Sorry, my mistake, my grandson is nearly five and he would never sound like that. Didn't mean to insult him. LOL

Posted by: Koa ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 03:35PM

Most would be surprised how overstated the 15 million figure is.

Posted by: ness ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 03:57PM

Just shows how hateful and hypocritical morons are.

What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

Moron translation:
Harass and "love bomb" inactive members so you can tell the congregation in your next talk about how "righteous" you are for going after the "lost sheep." But when you realize it's a lost cause, the true nature of mormonism shows it's ugly head- hate.

Nothing new.

Posted by: atouchscreendarkly ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 05:01PM

Let us, those who were once TBM and given to self assurances like these, take a moment to reflect and tremble, for there, on Facebook, in those responses and comments, go we.

But for the grace of God (or reason, or luck, or a benevolent, noodley appendage, or what have you) we could have been among them. To my everlasting shame, I've spouted this same vitreol at others who denied my beliefs. Only some of this can be placed at their feet.

I hope they get out too.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: July 27, 2015 05:04PM

Tscc have trained the members to respond in an antagonistic manner. They would be scared if their members were cordial to those who choose to leave.

Posted by: Ex-Sis ( )
Date: July 28, 2015 12:48AM

So that's what Monson and crew do during their day job, write hate messages.

Did anyone reply, "That's exactly what Jesus would say."

They can return smugly to their great and spacious bldg. (Is that the conference bldg or the new mall?)

Posted by: exldsdudeinslc ( )
Date: July 28, 2015 02:31AM

I'm not surprised by those comments in the slightest. Pretty childish.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: July 28, 2015 02:35AM

The comments sound, to me like children, grade school or junior high?

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 28, 2015 07:02AM

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: July 28, 2015 08:51AM

No one likes to know that people are fleeing their church. It makes them feel insecure about their own lives, which creates fear. Their lashing out is just giving voice to their insecurities.

Date: July 28, 2015 09:13AM

axeldc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No one likes to know that people are fleeing their
> church. It makes them feel insecure about their
> own lives, which creates fear. Their lashing out
> is just giving voice to their insecurities.

^ Many people in my congregation have been to other churches and people are free to leave and no one will think less of them. It's when you leave a cult that you get that kind of behavior.

Posted by: wastedtime ( )
Date: July 28, 2015 09:15AM

BINGO!!!

Posted by: poin0 ( )
Date: July 28, 2015 09:02AM

I mentioned this in another thread, but this behaviour is very peculiar of mormons. It's rare to see them make out-right insults like this. Usually they're extremely careful to avoid saying anything that might make them look bad, and when they really do need to insult they usually use passive-aggressive means to do so. I'm not saying mormons never directly insult people, but it's rare.

It's only when it comes to people leaving the church or people criticising the church where it seems common. It's very strange. Is this the ONE thing that affects mormons enough that they just snap and use a direct insult?

For example, look at the gay marriage situation. Most TBMs don't support it, however, when talking about it they usually use very sensitive/passive language and say things "I love all my gay friends, but..." When it comes to people leaving the church or people like Kate Kelly criticising the church, this is the only time I ever see mormons say things like "Good riddance, don't let the door hit you on the way out".

Date: July 28, 2015 09:20AM

"I'm not saying mormons never directly insult people, but it's rare."

True. They usually cut others up behind their back, otherwise known as gossip.

This really indicates mormon cult members are on the ropes and have become extremely defensive. These moronic comments they are making are because they got NOTHING. They don't have the truth. They don't have the facts. It's a fucking CULT.

Date: July 28, 2015 09:07AM

Mormon cult members show their true colors.
They are stupider, more judgmental, and more bone headed than I expected.

Posted by: snuckafoodberry ( )
Date: July 28, 2015 09:26AM

I love it. Glad those comments are there for everyone to see. It is a little shocking they would be so callous but that just demonstrates their true mentality.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2015 09:28AM by snuckafoodberry.

Posted by: notnevernomo ( )
Date: July 28, 2015 10:11AM

Yowch! Standing here, on the outside, it certainly makes the Mormon FB commenters look childish, bitter and downright nasty.

I did love the one, "No true Christian" post--"They were never LDS". Kind of like the way people say "X wasn't a *real* Christian" after X shoots a bunch of people while waving a Bible and chanting biblical verses to support their actions.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.