Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: July 06, 2015 12:55PM

The one out of The US.
"Dear friends and family,
The work here was a little slower this past week but we met some powerful people.
So there is this non member. He lives on a beach and he is a chef.It takes a lot of money to get there but we love going. He has a strong testimony but he can't come to church with us because he is a chef member of another faith. Here this happens a lot, they're more afraid of people then they are of there lord or they like to stay to what they know. Even though we teach they don't care but we are so luck to have some that are prepared to hear the restored gospel and a lot of them really do find out for themselves and then are baptized. For him we may just plant the seed but some time down the road the members of the church in his family with help him to know for himself that Jesus Christ's Gospel is restored and the power to acted in Gods name is back on the earth today.
For us we are so blessed to be part of the latter days and that we could partake of the fruit of the gospel. We are here on earth to learn and to grow but theirs something more and that is to prepare ourselves to meet Christ. life may seem hard at time but if we stay strong in the gospel of Christ nothing is impossible. But remember that God is the Gardener and only God knows what we can become.
For me it is hard to tell you from the heart but I know that God loves you enough to give you the Gospel."

The one in The US.
"This week we had some crazy things happen. The first thing is that as we were tracting some one called the cops on us. The cop was very nice and everything was ok. Next we met someone that was most likely under the influence of alcohol. She gave it a way that she was under the influence because she came out stumbling holding a glass of wine. We talked for a bit and she gave us her number and she was interested in the gospel but i do not know for sure though.
We played bingo this last week and it seemed that all the older people were not on there medication because they were going crazy. "

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: somnambulist ( )
Date: July 06, 2015 12:58PM

that one nephew is a pontificating little guy, isn't he?

Date: July 06, 2015 01:06PM

His world is Mormonism. If it was taken away, I don't think he could handle the loss of his world. You can see his logic is a bit off because he is in a cult. How much does God love people God didn't give "the gospel" to?

That's my family. My brother is raising them just like my parents did.

Posted by: shodanrob ( )
Date: July 06, 2015 12:59PM

So he met a cook that lives on the beach. Awesome.

Posted by: torturednevermo ( )
Date: July 06, 2015 01:11PM

Oooh, she ‘gave it away’ that she was enjoying a drink did she?

Maybe she wasn’t attempting to hide it in the first place, because she’s not a fruit loop.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: July 06, 2015 01:20PM

LOL.

They see alcohol and immediately decide the person is drunk.
They are oblivious that they are so annoying that people actually call the police.

Talk about fruits of the gospel!

Date: July 06, 2015 01:31PM

dagny Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Talk about fruits of the gospel!

The fruits of the vine usually don't require people to go door to door trying to intoxicate random strangers.

Posted by: jdawg333 ( )
Date: July 06, 2015 01:37PM

I should join one of those other faiths that commonly have chef members! Imagine the potlucks!

Posted by: tig ( )
Date: July 06, 2015 03:20PM

I sew wish that there all powerful father in haven could teech them how two spell and right be four he sends the owt to teeech other people things or at leest teeech them to proof reed.

Posted by: shodanrob ( )
Date: July 06, 2015 03:47PM

Damn, that hurt to read.

Posted by: saanhetna ( )
Date: July 06, 2015 10:04PM

Remember that this site is international.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: July 06, 2015 03:32PM

Something so very wrong with this scene of young, inexperienced teens spending these precious years of their lives attempting to teach adults how they should be living.

So stupid.....so ABUSIVE.....that the so-called leaders of their cult have indoctrinated them into wasting their time in this endeavor.

Posted by: MCR ( )
Date: July 06, 2015 06:03PM

What's worse is to listen to some compulsive crow about how many generations of dead relatives she's had the teens in her ward baptise. Talk about wasting the lives of young people!

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: July 06, 2015 03:45PM

These are gems, once again. Laughing so hard at the older people being off their medication--oh sorry--"there medication." It couldn't be that they were just enjoying themselves, cutting up a bit, could it? What? Are they supposed to be reverent?

And the woman couldn't possibly be just having a glass of wine, no. It has to be that she is "under the influence of alcohol. I would say that is an excellent way to prepare yourself to meet Christ.

Date: July 06, 2015 05:36PM

So, this came randomly today forwarded by my brother saying he was touched by it. I assume it was an email only to him.

"As a missionary in a different Country, I personally face a lot of challenges because of where I'm from and because I'm me. For me some of the challenges are that everyone wants money from you, everyone calls you white man, everything that you eat is covered in grease,everyone pee's in the streets, children run nuked, you see dogs get ran over by cars,etc. And seeing these things on a day to day bases is hard at times.
But the challenges I face each day helps me to understand that this work that I'm involved in is the work of the lord. Yes, some of these things are weird for me and some of them are hard understand but missionary work is one of the greatest thinks you can do in your life.
In our life's we my not face the same trials and struggles but one think that we need to understand is that some of these trails are not going away. What we need to change is our attitude about the things we face in life.
I told you about some of the things I face and I could focus on the bad but because I'm willing to change my attitude I can see the hand of the lord.
For starters, I have seen the hand of the lord help me in all that I do, the people here are so nice and friendly, a lot of heavenly fathers children are being prepared to come unto him, the missionaries are so amazing, I can eat all the fruit I want, and so much more.
All I'm saying is that we need to change are attitude so we can in joy life to the fullest, know God, and to feel that love and mercy of God and much, much more but only if we change are attitude."

All I could think was this, "How do your First World problems compare with the struggles to live in their Third World lives?"

And only Mormonism makes being with them worth it? How about simple love for the people? That is what I had on my mission. I thought maybe Mormonism might help them. But I loved drinking in the culture and interacting with the people. I couldn't do enough service. It kept me from the boredom of wandering aimlessly. The only service project I didn't enjoy was hauling cement bricks up a hill to help some people build their home. Hauling bricks wasn't fun but the pleasure of helping these people build a home was nice.

Strange how "touching" a son basically complaining can be when couched in terms of attempted attitude adjustment endearment in his obedience to "the gospel."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2015 05:39PM by Elder Berry.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: July 06, 2015 05:54PM

Another one! I'm really going to miss this when these boys are finally done serving the Lord.

I don't get where he's seeing the "hand of the lord." Is that the part where he gets to eat all the fruit he wants? Is that where the Lord's hand comes in? Or was it the dogs getting run over or the peeing in the streets.

Does he think that none of the people would be nice and friendly except the "hand of the Lord" is making them be that way? The big implication I constantly get from Mormons is that none of us could be good, kind, or loving unless the hand of the Lord was making us be that way. It is very sad to look at all of humanity that way.

Are the Mormons happier then, because the hand of the Lord is full of Xanax? Full of fruit? Full of it?

Well then, let's all "change are attitude so we can in joy life to the fullest" and see the hand of the Lord.

Date: July 06, 2015 06:15PM

It is a simpler world once one reductios it to the absurdimormondumb.

Posted by: Pyewacket ( )
Date: July 06, 2015 08:58PM

CHILDREN RUN NUKED?!?
Holy buckets! Is he in North Korea?!?

Posted by: dejavue ( )
Date: July 06, 2015 06:46PM

Won't it be wonderful when these two yahoo's finally wake up? I am so embarrassed for them right now. (I guess it's because I use to be somewhat like them.)

Date: July 06, 2015 08:42PM

I wish someone in my family would wake up. I have one gay nephew who may be exMormon and another niece who is probably gay but seems to be towing the Mormon party line in her liberal way.

I might have a couple of nieces and nephews who are leaving the morg and I don't know it. With dozens of them there are bound to be a few. The only ones I know for sure aren't Mormon are the polygamists. I know they aren't Mormon because they are AUB members. Seems a backwards step to me.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 01:33AM

The young missionary teens who are exposed to conditions in third world countries are so unprepared emotionally and educationally for this experience and this I blame entirely on the cult.

I have seen many various reactions by these teens. How could it not be the case? They are not prepared for life with all of its warts, let alone for life in a whole different environment and culture. Some I have seen make fun of the world they are thrown into. Others are disgusted and full of derision, not wanting to be around the endless dinners of beans and rice and rice and beans and no hot water and bathroom conditions that make them vomit. Some mishies get very ill from parasites and do not even know this is the case. Others, are thrown into a depression wondering how God can make some of his children live this life they must live.

And some of these indoctrinated mishies think to themselves that they will be the saviors of these people as they have been taught they must. They will do the Lord's work and bring them to a knowledge of a religion and people that most of them will never fully understand and will, in all likelihood, soon leave if they accept, because it is so alien to the reality of their lives and world.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.