Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tensolator ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 10:56AM

I have to admit, as a kid and young adult, I felt a loss when a general authority passed on. Even when GBH set out on his final journey I felt sympathy, and a sense of loss.

On the other hand, now that BKP has moved on, frigging good riddance. Even when I was young and it was "wrong" to think ill of those not necessarily chosen by God, I hated his guts. I have viewed him as an angry, vengeful, crap wagon.

KSL posted that picture of him because the fearless leaders behind the quorum want all of us to remember the great grandpa Boyd, not the mean bastard who verbally abused millions from his conference railings.

He spent years, his life, living off tithes of the faithful.

Vios con Dios Boyd the Noid.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 11:01AM

I felt bad when Mr. Rogers died but not with other celebrities and certainly not Mormon priesthood guys who ruled in a church I attended as a kid.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 01:51AM

Fred Rogers was a kind, gentle man who demonstrated respect and warmth toward everyone. He always showed beautiful manners - lots of "please" and "thank you." Good role model for little kids.

I can remember when my son was about 3 - we were watching "Mister Rogers" - and my son murmured wistfully, "I wish Dad was like Mr. Rogers."

I had a hard time keeping it together. His father was an abusive monster. Son and I eventually got away from The Bad Guy, but we still have emotional scars.

Posted by: shodanrob ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 11:37AM

While Mr Rogers did this unintentionally, so they claim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlow12sSdmc

Packer did it with his mouth regularly

Posted by: wastedtime ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 04:06PM

They run articles chronicling Boyd's "years of service".

Bullshit! Let's call it his years of destructive bullshit

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 01:55AM

I couldn't stand that sniveling bully. The sound of his voice made me cringe. There was nothing good about him.

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 02:16AM

Here's 17 BRILLIANT quotes that someone compiled for him.

BKP totally has no redemption can I can see; except that he's not as bad as Brigham Young. Maybe they could say that at his funeral.
http://beehivebugle.com/2015/07/06/17-inspiring-fucked-up-quotes-from-the-late-pres-boyd-k-packer/

Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 10:42AM

This one: "“A testimony is found in the bearing of it.” (The Candle of the Lord, Ensign, Jan. 1983, pp. 54-55)"

Yeah, keep telling everyone who will listen that you know the church is true and one day you may even come to believe it!

Bullshit from the master bullshitter!

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 10:50AM

Boyd was a supremely selfish human being. He took the concept to new heights. He gave no thought to anything but his own self aggrandizement.

I felt nothing on hearing of his passing. Nothing. Someone will pick up his mantel, no doubt.

He lost his lifelong battle with keeping the gays in their place--meaning lonely and desolate and unfulfilled and often times suicidal. His ugly legacy trumps anything good that there may have been about him.

I have no sympathy what so ever either. It is really hard to believe that anyone at all could have loved him.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 03:34PM

I feel the same way, no feelings at all and on Facebook, I hid any mention of his name, clicking "I don't care about this."

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: July 07, 2015 03:39PM

I have no sympathy whatsoever. I'm glad this force of evil is dead.

Having said this, I was shamed many years ago for being really glad that Mary Whitehouse was dead. The person that shamed me was not Mormon or religious or anything. They just thought it was really tasteless.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.