Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: deco ( )
Date: July 03, 2015 09:51PM

I am looking for a website where I can upload a picture of a particular house and view particular color combinations.

I have used the Behr site, but it is a generic house, and I want to actually use a picture of my home.

I prefer Sherwinn Williams or Benjamin Moore paints, however, their websites not so much.

I am going to attempt to change the color scheme on my house like one the famous "painted lady" homes of San Francisco. Of course this is something I would prefer to plan out before tackling the project.

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: July 03, 2015 10:08PM

Pick you colors and paint!

No fear!

Go for it!

Most likely, you'll be happy with your instincts.

Date: July 03, 2015 10:11PM

csuprovograd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pick you colors and paint!
>
> No fear!
>
> Go for it!
>
>
> Most likely, you'll be happy with your instincts.

I have done that in the past, however, this one will be a five or six color scheme and a lot time and resources.

I would like to take the colors and be able to view switching them, such as trim and facia.

Date: July 04, 2015 11:28AM

Thankyou

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 11:09AM

Dude.

Take it from a 30 year pro.....pros who know don't go near a Sherwin Williams store.

They're a corporation that spends a ton of money on slick advertising instead of quality ingredients in the can.

A lot like COJCOLDS in that respect one might say.

Benjamin Moore on the other hand is a high quality product.......if you can afford it.

My advise would be... get thee to a Dunn-Edwards store. If you can find one that is.

Friends don't let friends waste their money and labor on crappy paint.

Posted by: Hikergrl ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 12:47PM

I will second Dunn-Edwards. They can color-match anything.

Date: July 04, 2015 03:19PM

We do not have a Dunn Edawards store locally, in fact I am not sure there is one in Montana.

I need to buy paint locally because I would hate to be a little short and have the colors not match properly.

I have had some very good experience with Sherwinn Williams (they are a wonderful stock to own FWIW) they have a store in my city, with competent people.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 03:30PM

Last summer I painted most of the interior of my condo. I started out with Behr but it required two coats to be effective. I switched to Benjamin Moore and only one coat was needed. BM did a great job color matching to my original paint.

Good luck!

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: July 04, 2015 03:34PM

Yeah, that's the thing with DE, they're a regional brand based in LA.

In my view, Behr delivers a great finished product but it is difficult to work with compared to DE.

If profitability isn't a consideration, you could do a lot worse than going with good ole Homer.

Besta luck.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.