Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 03:55PM

Or just anti-stupid?

Or anti-pain? It's like when you get bad food at a restaurant and go through a bout of food poisoning. You're all achey from dry heaves and you really hate that restaurant, and you tell your friends not to eat the casserole and they think you're some kind of food fascist or you've lost your mind.

If you are what you eat, turd casserole for breakfast lunch and dinner can't be good no matter how yummy it tastes. Even turd casserole once a week is too much. I mean, you might eat it to feel like you belong to a group. But, Mormons are not a group. They are a collection of individuals each living in their own private Idaho. You'll never belong to TSCC because it's an empty shell of unbelonging with a happy face. The other problem with eating toxic food (and no amount of sugar and milk will detoxify it) is that you become a toxic person.

When did TSCC become a school that teaches you how to be an asshole and feel great about it? Toxic organization. Save yourself the dry heaves, go find another place to eat.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 04:14PM

truth is anti-mormon

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 08:29PM

Too many Mormons - and LDS(inc) - is anti-truth/ reality/ possibility and probability.

Date: May 25, 2015 02:16AM

Sure, out-do my analytical post with four words.

RfMers are surely the Captains Obvious of the age. It seems a little unfair for TSCC to face such a formidable opponent, but it was TSCC that threw "fair" out the window.

Posted by: iamanevermormon ( )
Date: May 25, 2015 07:47PM

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 11:07PM

A part of leaving the church and recovering from the unhealthy paradigms created by the church, is to not allow yourself to be defined by any mormon paradigms. Don't play any of those roles. So you're not anti-mormon, you're a free thinker, capable of independant thoughts. If in those thoughts, you see the fraud that is mormonism and talk about it, that's not anti-mormon.

The church would want you to see yourself as Korihor or as some other apostate who eventually admitted that the church is true after fruitlessly kicking against the pricks of unhappyness. That's all just their fantasy, not necessarily yours. Don't believe it. Don't buy in to it. Just be happy without them. If you want to expose their fraud, the best way to effectively convey your information is to not use their thoughts, their paradigms, to make your points. Once they can put a label on you that you agree with, they own you. If you can truthfully represent things that leaves non-members saying "wow! that's really weird, I never knew that about the mormons, then the church looses. And you don't have to wear their label to do that.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2015 11:17PM by azsteve.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 11:09PM

If THEY can say, "we hate the sin but love the sinner," then WE
can say, "we hate Mormonism but love the members."

Posted by: bentleye ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 11:32PM

Do you hate Mormons? If not you aren't anti Mormon. You are anti Mormonism. Mormons confuse those things. That's part of the con: telling people that criticism of the Church is persecution. It keeps them from reading or listening to that criticism. Ask an African American or a Jew, what anti means. Its about hating people for what they are and doing them or wishing them bodily harm. Its about the people. It may include lies about their history, but it is about the people. I think that you would agree that plenty of Mormons are perfectly nice decent people.

Posted by: ExMoBandB ( )
Date: May 25, 2015 12:40AM

I disagree. A believing Mormons can not be a "perfectly nice decent" person. Not with those cult beliefs. Not by supporting polygamy in their history and polygamy in heaven. Not by feeling superior to anyone of any other religion. Not by claiming they belong to the only true church, and all others are false.

Not by spreading gossip and lies about their neighbors. Not by shunning those who question. Not by condemning apostates to outer darkness. Not by dis-owning their own children. Not by excusing and condoning abuse. Not by hating gays. Not by taking away women's rights.

In Mormon company (many TBM family and friends don't know I'm no longer Mormon), I still hear racist comments and jokes, and it is 2015! As far as I'm concerned a Mormon supporter is a Mormon through and through. Yes, they are poison-eaters, and they feed it to their kids.

I concentrate on leading children to trust their gut instincts, and to ask questions.

I try to protect children from solicitors who try to manipulate and/or scare children into following them. Mormons are known stalkers of children, and their first step is to separate the children from the parents, and to work behind the parents' back. This is wrong.

I'm happy to be anti-Mormon.

Posted by: mrcoffee84 ( )
Date: May 25, 2015 01:06AM

I'm not anti-Mormon. I'm anti-Mormonism. I have no issues with any member, or even the membership in general. It's the doctrine and belief and mindset I'm against. I didn't like the person I was becoming. I don't necessarily blame Mormons on why they believe. I blame the cult for making them into who they've become, and it's not always their fault.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2015 01:09AM by mrcoffee84.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 25, 2015 01:32PM

Since I ain't fer it, I must be again it.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 25, 2015 02:09PM

I'll go with "anti-stupid".

RB

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 25, 2015 02:17PM

whatever isn't good for a person or for society.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: May 25, 2015 03:50PM

One thing I'm fairly certain of having lived Mormon. And that's that Mormons have a persecution complex and a martyr complex a mile wide and a mile high. They invented it.

What they label as anti-Mormons are generally former Mormons that can read labels and see through the smoke screen better than themselves.

So when we open up about it criticizing what needs to be criticized, we're now the "antis" and the "sons of perdition" and wrongly accused by the Morons as persecuting them - yet in reality if one stops to think about it, is just the reverse. As in Mormons do an awful, no a terrible lot of judging others. Even down to its holding kangaroo courts to throw people out, or at the least shun them publicly. They might as well affix a Big Scarlet Letter to every single Mormon who has been disfellowshipped or excommunicated at any time.

For all the shunning and cutting off they've done to their own members over the annals of time, is it any wonder they get a backlash?

It's well deserved, and probably more well intentioned than their own depraved actions and bizarre ritualistic behaviors towards members of their own clan.

They deserve to be shamed, in other words. If that means they perceive they're being "persecuted," it is really just that they're getting a taste of their own medicine.

Date: May 25, 2015 07:44PM

"persecution complex and a martyr complex"

The problem is that we all swallowed that poison pill so now we're left to get it out of our system. RfM helps.

What isn't appreciated is how insidious this thinking is. It's the root cause of the self-sabotage that we battle every day. Mormonism's legacy is this self-generated stalker trying to destroy us because we somehow deserve it. We create the stalker because of the institutionalized neurotic masochism pounded into us from youth.

Is it any wonder people here get a little testy?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.