Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 02:23PM

Those who are swimming in Mormon culture and going to church often see the morg as the norm, the establishment, the authority over others. They might think of exmos as weak, lazy, misguided, or emotionally compromised.

None of the above reflects reality. I left the Mormon church over forty years ago and have lived a wholesome responsible and well reasoned life from then to now.

I look at those who are still in the Mormon church and they seem weak and dependent compared to me and most of the other exmos I know.

The day I left I'd had a dream that Mormons were chasing me with knives and cleavers because they wanted to alter me to fit their ideal. I reached the top of a hill and looked down at them. Shockingly, they were missing limbs and facial features. They and couldn't think clearly, stand or run without leaning on each other. I was the one who was smart, whole and strong.

That's how recovering exmos need to see themselves. It's they who are strong and able. TBMs are weak and distorted by comparison. They have no power or authority over any of us. What they think is their business, not ours.

We need to realize we can be free of them and be free to think and act in our own best interests.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: iplayedjoe ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 02:55PM

Agreed. From now on, I will refer to myself always using my middle initial...but wait, my dad was a Bishop for 13 years and I'm a Junior....so I guess I need to be First Initial, Middle Name, Last name? But then do I use the Jr. at the end? I'm going to go with yes, use the Jr., that way mine is spiritually bigger than my dads was.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 03:09PM

they were actually chasing you with "callings".

Posted by: ExMoBandB ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 03:35PM

My daughter had a similar recurring nightmare, that the Mormon neighbors were zombies, and they chased her down the street, wanting to kill her and make her one of them. She would run into our house, and they would knock on the door and claw at the windows, trying to get in.

Children are wiser then we think, because most of them are not yet completely brainwashed. Also, our subconscious mind picks up on "bad vibes" strange body-language, weird behavior, and gives us that gut-reaction that something is not right, someone is lying, someone wants to take something away from you.

We are the authorities. I like that concept. No one has the power to take away our rights, our money, our children, our privacy, our autonomy. IMO, this is evil.

....But, oh, the Mormons are very intimidating! They travel in groups of two or more, and accost you when you're alone. They don't have the authority to knock on your door or stop you in the street. Our life is our own. Keep up the boundaries.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 04:25PM

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 03:52PM

LOL That must be a common dream theme surrounding religion. When my friend and I left the Baptist Church as teenagers, she was dreaming that they were chasing her, wearing long black robes, trying to mow her down with a lawnmower.

We know that we are actually the brave ones, but they will never see us that way until they are of the mindset themselves to be able to finally study outside of the box.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 03:53PM

There's nothing scarier than a hoard of mormon zombies!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.