Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 01:52PM

Just finished reading your post and was struck by the fact that RFM still works like a champ!

For those who don't know, this is the guy that made it happen. Eric's not the type who seeks accolades and such. Just down to earth decent folk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS58S-xPdzI

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 02:01PM

is that Eric ?

Date: May 24, 2015 02:12PM

Date: May 24, 2015 10:27PM

but ... but ... but where are his hooves and horns and pointy tail ?

Dammit !

I've been lied to !

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 02:42PM

Eric is a true hero in my book of life.

Date: May 24, 2015 02:43PM

Posted by: laxy ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 02:08PM

Thanks for sharing! Might not have seen that otherwise. I'm sure he's undergone some hard things being attached to RfM. But I for one am thankful this forum exists. It helps so many.

Posted by: iris ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 03:53PM

Thank you.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 04:01PM

Eric has done more for mankind than any prophet of mormonism ever dreamed of.

Thanks Eric. Isn't it amazing that RFM just keeps going and going. So many people leaving. I never thought i'd see that in my lifetime. When I was growing up in the church, people didn't leave. I was in the same ward with the same people for decades. Leaving was unthinkable.

That has all changed.

Posted by: Once More ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 04:42PM

Excellent video.

And, what do you know, Eric doesn't look like Satan at all. He doesn't even look like drugged out degenerate. He looks and sounds like a reasonable man.

Thanks for exmormon.org, Eric.

Date: May 24, 2015 06:31PM

... cucumbers I've had the pleasure of meeting.

Timothy

Posted by: Senoritalamanita ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 05:08PM

kudos to you, sir. You have helped so many people through their transition from Mormonism to "real life," and RFM is often the catalyst that sparks people into investigating for themselves if they have been misled by the LDS Church.

Thank you, Eric.

Posted by: Slumbering Minstrel ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 08:45PM

That is a great video! Eric has helped so many people. THANK YOU ERIC!!!!

Posted by: annieg ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 10:17PM

Glad to see the person behind this wonderful site. Thanks so much.

Posted by: Emmabiteback ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 11:36PM

Clearly a genuine person..its clear in this interview he is someone contributing to positive change.

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 11:44PM

I like how he so matter of fact notes he was in a cult. That was one of the most surprising things to me after I left, was that I was in a freaking cult and never had a clue about it. I could see JWs, Scientologists, New Apostolic, etc were cults, but nooooo, not my religion of 6 generations!

Thanks, Eric.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: May 25, 2015 07:52AM

I appreciate the kind words. I have benefited greatly from the people who have contributed here.

It is Memorial day. My jazz band plays for the veterans every Memorial day. This is our 7th year playing for them in Athens TN.

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: May 25, 2015 08:56AM

Wow, it's wonderful to "meet" the person who started RfM. I only discovered it this past year but have been visiting regularly since. Although I've been out for decades, and with not a WHOLE lot of trouble, it has just been wonderful to find other exmormons and just enjoy the conversation that I never have been able to have all these years.

The internet has been a WONDERFUL source for me in saving me from making a lot of mistakes. If I see a product, a charity, a belief system, anything, that I am interested in, I NEVER accept it at face value any more. I'll first check around on the internet to see what people say about it. I can't say how many times I've then come to find that the product doesn't do what it claims, the charity doesn't spend its funds the way it claims, or the belief system was just somebody's book-selling scheme.

So if it's doing that for me, I assume that it's helping a LOT of other people in the world do just the same.

A nice thing about RfM is that it's not just one person's journey of life after Mormonism, but it's a meeting place where MANY people share their journeys, which seem to be going in MANY different directions. I think it surprises people sometimes when other exmormons take a completely different path than the new one they have chosen for themselves. Little did we know, while we THOUGHT we believed the same thing before, that we really are very different once we've been freed to think on our own.

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: May 25, 2015 10:03AM

If you're ever lookin' for a new nickname, I nominate E-ROCK!!!! For obvious reasons.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.