Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Mythb4meat ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 11:36AM

I am a big fan of Tal Bachmans' music: great natural voice, amazing sense of timing, rhythm, flow; he's just "got it" for sure!

Also I very much enjoy the 1968, 69, 70 tunes of the "Guess Who". For anyone who might not know, this was a group from Winnipeg Manitoba Canada who enjoyed huge success.....and a few of their songs have been quite enduring all these years. I love their music!! Randy Bachman was largely the genius behind this group, lead guitar, songwriter, organizer, some vocals. Burt Cummings was the talented lead singer, with Jim Kale on bass and Garry Peterson on drums.

In particular I love their song "UNDUN"....I think written by Randy and he developed this very unique, jazz influenced, rhythm and guitar smooth riffs and progressions. It was truly a great achievement...and has been well recognized as such, as time has passed!

"UNDUN" is about a girl or lady who kind of lost it, or went off the deep end. Reminds me exactly of a lady I know who got sucked into Mormonism. Some of the lyrics fit:

"She's come undun, she didn't know what she was headed for, and when I found what she was headed for, it was too late."

"She's come undun, she climbed a mountain that was far too high (LDS quest for perfection?) and when she found out she couldn't fly (she is only human) it was too late."

"too many churches and not enough truth...too many lives to lead and not enough time" etc.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 12:00PM

I always adored the Guess Who. I had all their songs on 45 records!

Anyone remember 45s?

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 06:42PM

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 01:05PM

I wuz a new mother nature takin over.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJbFVJvRqOQ

That tune turned me into a hippie, I swear.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 01:12PM

One of my favorite Guess Who tunes....seen 'em live at least a dozen times. They played Lethbridge regularly.

RB

Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 06:38PM

that song is also one of my favorites.

Posted by: villager ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 06:46PM

from the album "Canned Wheat"? lol. Just how long was Randy Bachman a mormon? Was he a two year storage kind of guy?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.