Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ElderCarrion ( )
Date: May 23, 2015 11:51PM

Every time I pick up a hitch hiker, I ask, "Are you one of the Three Nephites?"

Over the years, the answer to this question has never ceased to amaze me. Last Thursday morning, due to the cold rainy wind, I offered a ride to a gentleman with a backpack. "Are you one of the Three Nephites?"

"No, but I can recite the names of every county in America in alphabetical order."

Picking up a pathological liar is not really that rare, but after less than twenty seconds of my challenge of disbelief, I was convinced that this man was the real deal. He rode with me for almost 400 miles. During that span of time, he told me the origins of each name of each county.

He told me that few things on earth are as fascinating as American Counties, yet that few Americans had a clue about the origins, development and future possibilities of this group of local political structures held.

Needless to say, I will continue to ask if the person(s) I invite to share a seat for a while are one of the Three Nephites. I am no longer a Mormon at all, but the replies to this pick-up line are just too wonderful for me to ever let go of.

https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=AlNok3NCUNMWeRg_tf8bQPObvZx4?p=To+Sir+With+Love%2C+YouTube&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&ilc=8&fr=yfp-t-318&fp=1

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: thestillsmallvoice ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 03:07PM

ElderCarrion, I kept trying to tell you that he was John. He's been spouting off that county shit to the fools he hitches ride with for over a century now. Makes him look smart! I tried to warn you not to pick him up, but ever since you have denied me it has been pretty tough getting through that thick skull of yours! 400 miles of mind warping US County trivia babble! Ha! I gets the last laugh!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 03:12PM

Posted by: Robert Hall the Utah Photo GOD ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 03:13PM

If a horse is really a Tapir why do you think Three is really 3?

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 04:04PM

Never seen one myself, probably wouldn't recognize it if it happened or was true? but here is an account of one on youtube by the famous mormon historian son, Kevin Kraut: (It's sincere) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLfA1IEWc5A

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.