Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: May 23, 2015 04:50PM

Russians concluded:

The human DNA is a biological Internet and superior in many aspects to the artificial one. The latest Russian scientific research directly or indirectly explains phenomena such as clairvoyance, intuition, spontaneous and remote acts of healing, self healing, affirmation techniques, unusual light/auras around people (namely spiritual masters), mindâ¬"s influence on weather patterns and much more.

Two Examples:

So they successfully transformed, for example, frog embryos to salamander embryos simply by transmitting the DNA information patterns! This way the entire information was transmitted without any of the side effects or disharmonies encountered when cutting out and re-introducing single genes from the DNA.

As an example from nature, when a queen ant is separated from her colony, the remaining worker ants will continue building fervently according to plan. However, if the queen is killed, all work in the colony stops. No ant will know what to do. Apparently, the queen transmits the "building plans" even if far away - via the group consciousness with her subjects. She can be as far away as she wants, as long as she is alive.

http://www.rense.com/general62/expl.htm

Found this article interesting ------ For believers/experiencers is this the 'scientific proof' we have been waiting for?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: May 23, 2015 05:00PM

spiritist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Russians concluded:
>
> The human DNA is a biological Internet and
> superior in many aspects to the artificial one.
> The latest Russian scientific research directly or
> indirectly explains phenomena such as
> clairvoyance, intuition, spontaneous and remote
> acts of healing, self healing, affirmation
> techniques, unusual light/auras around people
> (namely spiritual masters), mindâ¬"s influence
> on weather patterns and much more.

Actually, it doesn't "explain" any of those things. Not in any way.

The article you referred to isn't "scientific" in any way, states things not even in the "publications" of the Russians (who aren't scientists publishing in journals or doing valid scientific work anyway, they're "linguists"), and looks like it was written by a 3rd grader ("According to there findings, our DNA is not only responsible for the construction of our body but also serves as data storage and communication.")

The article, for example, states:
" They found that the alkalines of our DNA follow a regular grammar and do have set rules just like our languages. Therefore, human languages did not appear coincidentally but are a reflection of our inherent DNA."

First, the conclusion does not follow from the premise. Second, there are no "alkalines" in our DNA (though we can use a process called "alkaline lysis" to extract DNA from cellular debris). Whomever wrote this has zero understanding of DNA, biology, chemistry, or any other science.

Another quote:
"The Russian scientists also found out that our DNA can cause disturbing patterns in a vacuum, thus producing magnetized wormholes!"

Yeah -- no. Utter and complete crap.

Sorry, but this is a non-scientific pile of made-up nonsense not supported by any science or actual research.
The only people who will think this is "amazing" are those desperate to be able to label irrational, unsupported claims as "scientific," even when there's no science behind them.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2015 05:11PM by ificouldhietokolob.

Date: May 23, 2015 11:57PM

"Second, there are no "alkalines" in our DNA (though we can use a process called "alkaline lysis" to extract DNA from cellular debris)."

Exactly ------ I believe that is what they were referring to ----- the resultant DNA strands they examined/tested after the 'alkaline lysis' extraction.

They should have provided that information but like you said this is not a 'scientific paper' it is out of a book (written in German).

"they're "linguists"" ----- apparently someone with their mind already made up cannot read the whole article and pick up others such as geneticists, biophysicist, and molecular biologists that were also involved.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2015 12:06AM by spiritist.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: May 25, 2015 08:26PM

spiritist Wrote:
> Exactly ------ I believe that is what they were
> referring to ----- the resultant DNA strands they
> examined/tested after the 'alkaline lysis'
> extraction.

No, it's not what "they" (actually it's a single author of the article you linked to) is referring to. The author wrote a pile of nonsense, showing no understanding of science, chemistry, DNA, or anything else.

> They should have provided that information but
> like you said this is not a 'scientific paper' it
> is out of a book (written in German).

Know why it's not a scientific paper? Because there's no science behind any of it. It's a book because gullible people will snap up this tripe claiming to be "science" and pay for it.

> someeone with their mind already made up cannot read the
> whole article and pick up others such as
> geneticists, biophysicist, and molecular
> biologists that were also involved.

Actually, I did read the whole paper, and there weren't any such people involved. There were vague claims of such people being involved, but none were named (with one exception, and it turns out that one isn't what is claimed), and vague claims that "scientists" with those titles have "confirmed" these crackpot "theories," when no such confirmation has actually occurred (and won't because the stuff claimed is nonsense).

It has nothing to do with a mind already made up, it has everything to do with critical thinking skills, rational analysis, and a basic understanding of biology, chemistry, math, and science.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: May 25, 2015 12:24AM

DNA:

Deity

Not

Applicable

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2015 12:26AM by steve benson.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: May 25, 2015 03:18PM

AMEN.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 23, 2015 05:04PM

russians are full of woo.

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: May 23, 2015 05:10PM

I remember reading 'chariot of the gods' as a teenager.
It was very convincing.
I was quite annoyed when it was revealed it was a pile of rat faeces, full of misinformation, misdirection and outright lies.

I remember reading 'Supernature' as a young adult
It was very convincing.
I was quite annoyed when it was revealed it was a pile of rat faeces, full of misinformation, misdirection and outright lies.

I remember reading the book of mormon
It was very convincing.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 23, 2015 05:24PM

That article belongs in The Onion. Rense and repeat.

Date: May 23, 2015 05:27PM

Just to add some information ----- won't make the article more legit but just more interesting.

This study was brought up by the first psychic (001) they hired at Army for Project Stargate. He did not claim the DNA was 'for sure' the explanation for paranormal events. He did think the experiments were interesting that did infer queens are connected to workers even when not in their immediate vicinity and you could impact DNA by information waves as much as by physically manipulating it.

After that project was canceled the 'remote viewer psychics' became consultants. Not only for the US government but foreign governments and businesses. Probably got a pretty big boost in pay for that.

The psychic said in his discussion that the 'queen' was taken hundreds of miles away from the colony and the colony continued to function until they killed the queen.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: May 25, 2015 10:22AM

No, it doesn't make it more interesting. Maybe it would be more interesting if it had an even more misleading and sensational subject line.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: May 23, 2015 05:39PM

Any human endeavor where things must believed before they can be seen is outside the realm of science. Once instrumentation can read these hyper-spatial information fields, actual science can be done. Parlor tricks in the lab do provide food for thought but in science they don't pass as proof.

I liked the part about psychic phenomena messing up electronics. The article calls these electromagnetic fields, but that's not how EM fields behave. But anyway, it's as if electrons behave the way they do out of habit (look up morphic resonance) and the psychic disturbance distracts them from their normal habits. No really, I promise I'm not tripping. Subatomic particles appear to be conscious beings observing "natural laws" out of habit. That's why "mind over matter" is possible and happens.

Posted by: torturednevermo ( )
Date: May 23, 2015 06:05PM

Back when I wrote a lot of Java code in my basement, I could always tell when my computer was going to get that old windows ‘blue screen of death’. Once I caught onto it, I would always tense up and race to ‘save’ before the computer blue screened, every time.

I never could figure out if it was my panic that caused it, or if I picked up on it and then panicked, or what. But I would always feel this tension in my body, think, ‘oh no, oh no, not now.’ Then there would be this momentary ‘phhhht’ sound and … blue screen of death. I felt it every time. Mind melding with the computer. LOL. Of course, I do have psychic tendencies, so go figure.

Of course, this is just an anecdotal story, so don’t try this at home.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: May 23, 2015 10:18PM

The silliest idea---that information could be stored on dna molecules like some kind of "biocomputer". Total woo, and non-scientific, obvi. ;)

And that the info could be transmitted thru space to other organisms like thru some kind of ethereal "wi-fi", just ridiculous of course.

Next they will be saying that the universe is a hologram...

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: May 23, 2015 11:24PM

Oh my God, hello.

Ya better watch out lest you get too close to the cutting edge and fall off.....

http://www.npr.org/2013/01/25/170267855/shakespeares-sonnets-encoded-in-dna

Date: May 23, 2015 11:46PM

isn't this the bogus "water has memory" homeopathy argument ?

Date: May 24, 2015 02:46PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2015 02:46PM by Dave the Atheist.

Posted by: Alpiner ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 09:49AM

There is so much wrong with this article, I'm not certain where to start. But I'll cover some highlights.

First, I didn't see any citations, anywhere, for any statements of fact presented. The only mention of reference is at the end, where a German book is presented, despite many, many, statements of fact pertaining to *Russian* experiments.

Next, this:
"To this end they compared the rules of syntax (the way in which words are put together to form phrases and sentences), semantics (the study of meaning in language forms) and the basic rules of grammar. They found that the alkalines of our DNA follow a regular grammar and do have set rules just like our languages. Therefore, human languages did not appear coincidentally but are a reflection of our inherent DNA."

Is not remotely true. DNA allows for only two base pairs in two configurations apiece, rendering a total of 2^2 "letters", if you will. Please explain how that can be used for grammar, and if so, what the rules of said grammar are.

Then this:
"Living DNA substance (in living tissue, not in vitro) will always react to language-modulated laser rays and even to radio waves, if the proper frequencies (sound) are being used."

Um... what? Citation needed? What is a language-modulated laser? Lasers naturally pulse at a defined frequency, so how would you language-modulate them?

This is unscientific tripe. It barely even counts as pseudoscience.

It *is* possible to encode data on DNA, but not using any of the methodologies described in this article. See, for example,
http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/08/20/the-first-book-to-be-encoded-in-dna/

Date: May 24, 2015 11:52AM

Thanks for the comments so far.

Just to give you a little more background. Few psychics, remote viewers, etc. claim they know where this "stuff" comes from.

However, it seemed to me in my limited research:

Mediums and channelers obviously believe in their information from 'spirits' (relatives, guides, etc.) ----- which they normally see and/or hear or get impressions from mentally.

Remote viewers/psychics believe that the subconscious mind was involved in getting the information but did not rule out other things or explain where the subconscious was obtaining the information from. As they describe the subconscious providing the conscious mind the information in pictures and images.

Past lifers have brought up the DNA connection as a possible 'theory' of where past life information is coming from but I have never heard anyone talk about it as more than a theory.

So in conclusion 'psychic, remote viewer and past life' believers/experiencers are not claiming to know for sure where this 'stuff' is coming from and awaiting for science to come up with those answers. In the meantime they will just continue to 'do their thing' without knowing the complete science behind it.

Posted by: cpete ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 11:58AM

So are you saying they just make this stuff up?

Date: May 24, 2015 12:56PM

As a believer and experiencer ------ I certainly didn't make up the 'stuff' I got.

I do believe much of it came via my subconscious whether it came via my DNA also ----- I have no clue.

Where anyone gets 'future events' from ----- other than analysis of the past, coincidence and lucky guess ----- I have no clue.

This is off topic however, one remote viewer bragged he/his research group (at Stanford) made 19 of 19 correct calls on the stock market to pay for lab uniforms and equipment.

Don't know whether to believe him as if that were possible why go to work at a job each day like him (a consultant/researcher) however he did seem to enjoy his work.

Date: May 24, 2015 02:47PM

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 08:41PM

Psychedelic voyagers (including the likes of Crick and Watson, discoverers of the structure of dna) of the fifties and sixties put forward all these theories way back then. Many felt that the experiences they had of past lives, evolution and biological history were recorded in their dna and were manifesting under the influence of the brain drugs.

The ancient science/practice of kriya yoga also teaches that a person's karmas and samskaras are recorded in molecular particles of the dna, and can be removed by the practice of kriya yoga.

So these ideas are far from novel.

Posted by: richardthebad (not logged in) ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 02:54PM

Sounds like some remnants of Lysenkoism is alive and well in Russia (just as it is with Young Earth Creationists here in the States):

http://skepdic.com/lysenko.html

"Under Lysenko's guidance, science was guided not by the most likely theories, backed by appropriately controlled experiments, but by the desired ideology. Science was practiced in the service of the State, or more precisely, in the service of ideology."

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 08:14PM

richardthebad (not logged in) Wrote:
> Science was practiced in the
> service of the State, or more precisely, in the
> service of ideology."

I'm glad that would never happen here in the USA. Our
politicians would NEVER let ideology trump the scientific method
and the hard evidence.

Date: May 24, 2015 08:39PM

In Canada, we just eliminate all scientific positions and research projects.

That way, ideology doesn't have to trouble itself with having to trump anything.

<sarc> Yay Canada. </sarc>

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: May 25, 2015 12:14AM

What this actually means is that the establishment is running scared. Scientific advancement means loss of control. The war in Vietnam was a big wake-up call. Teaching or enabling people to think is dangerous. Universities are now trade schools, not incubators of philosophy, for this reason.

Posted by: richardthebad (not logged in) ( )
Date: May 25, 2015 10:42AM

And in Wyoming, the legislature blocks the teaching of actual science because it would be bad for the economy;

http://io9.com/wyoming-says-teaching-climate-change-would-wreck-the-st-1591992789

Date: May 25, 2015 11:43AM

Yes, that’s the idea here too; economic ideology. Except our cronies have done it nationally, and on a massive scale. If your job or research studied water, land, ocean, forest, fish, animal, climate, national park health, anything that might even remotely provide an even inadvertent check and balance against unfettered industrial growth, then your job has been either eliminated, or you’ve been severely curtailed and muzzled. Thousands of jobs and government monitoring agencies have been eliminated over the past several years in the interest of growing the economy.

It started with the climate people, since oil and gas has been our main economy lately, but eliminating the checks and balances worked so well that they just decided to eliminate everybody. The scientists have either lost their jobs, or are so fearful now that they don’t even report or speak of what they find anymore. The axe has fallen on science in Canada.

In gold we trust. <sarc> Go team! </sarc>

Date: May 24, 2015 11:24PM

Exactly what is going on here, to some extent, in the USA and basically world-wide. Not only by government but also business that pays for a lot of the research.

Those people who 'almost worship' science and seem to believe every major thing science 'proves' is revealed to the public because it is the right thing to do ----- are very naïve.

If either business or government pay to develop technologies/information (including paranormal stuff) or methods that 'would be a concern the public' you think that is going to be released and reported as main line science news? How many things are classified now? How long do things/technology stay classified?

Posted by: Backseater ( )
Date: May 25, 2015 10:16AM

Lysenko had Stalin's full confidence and support, so anybody who valued their neck went along with it. Good thing that couldn't happen in the U.S.

Of course, there were the two Space Shuttle disasters, where it could be argued that ideology trumped science--and I'm sure there are other cases out there. In the late 1960s the USAF F-111 program was in a similar situation, and maybe the F-32 Raptor today, someday when all the facts are known.

Actually, I just thought of a couple of even more timely examples, very much in the news at this moment--but I don't want to get too political this early in the day.

Best wishes.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.