Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: xdman ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 03:57PM

If you are not one of the people who says that Atheists are just like Mormons, please don't take this as applying to you. Even if you have made that argument please don't take this as a satire on you, but you should take it as an exaggeration and a caricature of a certain attitude and argument that I have a hard time just letting go without saying something. If you think it is going to make you mad in a way that will make you sad or feel unwelcome here please don't read it. Also remember I don't represent this board or a group of people just only me. And I don't have any kind of goodness or upstanding character to recommend my opinion as important or reliable. I am actually kind of an ass. Please don't let the brayings of this ass depress or hurt you in any way.

THIS JUST IN FROM THE BIBLICAL SCHOLARS:

Atheists are just like Mormons because Christianity is demostrably true and Mormonism is demonstrably false I know this from my own sujective experience made concrete by objective experience and Mormonism is false because they believe in Joseph Smith more than Jesus and worship Joseph Smith and not Jesus even though I didn't think I was worshiping Joseph Smith when I was a Mormon and none of the other Mormons I know think they are worshiping Joseph Smith that's just their own subjective experience but I know they were because there are some quotes that show it.

And Mormons say all kinds of things about real Christians that aren't true and they can't prove, and they say everyone has to belong to their religion to be saved but really everyone who belongs to the christian religions will be saved and that is a lot more people.

And Atheists are just like that they think black and white and don't tolerate other people who disagree with them and most of them didn't really think things through they just stayed Mormon and stopped believing in God but some of them are nice and I understand them that they are in pain and that's why they still act like Mormons and I was like them once but after I thought about it I became a real Christian. So the atheists who are still Mormon think like Mormons because they make fun of other peoples beliefs even though the Mormon beliefs are the most stupid thing ever and we are way more socially accepted and we don't damage people as much and they aren't even based on the Bible.

So they are like Mormons because they use black and white thinking and make fun of other people's beliefs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CristiB (AKA frtl mrtl) ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 04:12PM

Posted by: ASteve ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 04:15PM

That nonsense is far too stupid to need anyone to make fun of it.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 04:25PM

Date: May 21, 2015 04:33PM

Good point. One of my main points.

I wasn't trying to pass this off as an actual work of scholarship. It belongs in the satire/fiction genre with a made up persona giving a monolog.

Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 04:27PM

Did Biblical scholars just prove the OP was an Ass?

Or did I miss the point in my black & white thinking ways?

Date: May 21, 2015 04:36PM

I think the assness of the OP is self-evident, or is that asshood?

It is self-evident that the OP is an ass.

And the Biblical Scholars were also able to prove it.

It honestly wasn't my intention to say that all or most biblical scholars are like this. It is kind of an exaggeration of a specific attitude/line of reasoning.

I am way past my alotted replies on this post so I should probably stop responding now.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2015 04:43PM by xdman.

Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 04:53PM

xdman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> It honestly wasn't my intention to say that all or
> most biblical scholars are like this.

Really? I'm surprised. My black and white thinking makes me impervious to sarcasm or satire in the written form. ;o)

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 05:07PM

I gave it a 76, Mr. Clark. I liked the rhythm and it would be fun to dance to.

Posted by: cpete ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 06:00PM

Here's a link. Not all scholars agree, but I'm sure it is almost unanimous.

truthbeknown.com › exoduscasereview

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 06:10PM

Thanks for the giggle :)

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 06:20PM

I don't think I like you setting yourself above us by calling yourself an ass.

Asses are really nice animals free of all kinds of human neuroses. Unless you're talking about the other kind and then you're really in trouble because I'm an ass man myself.

Posted by: blueorchid ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 07:01PM

I'm just couldn't get past the part where the word scholar is next to the word bible.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 07:23PM

Other than the serpent in the Garden of Eden, the only animal in the Bible who could speak was an ass.

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: May 22, 2015 03:36PM

Solid gold!

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: May 22, 2015 04:00PM

“I had a professor one time... He said, 'Class, you will forget almost everything I will teach you in here, so please remember this: that God spoke to Balaam through his ass, and He has been speaking through asses ever since. So, if God should choose to speak through you, you need not think too highly of yourself." --- Rich Mullins

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: May 22, 2015 03:39PM

Wasn't there a bush somewhere that talked?

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 22, 2015 03:46PM

Date: May 22, 2015 04:16PM

I am not a bush, burning or not.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.