Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 01:37PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM8aBrgsxfg

Almost as good as try to keep your battle buddy from being beaten by himself.

https://video.byui.edu/media/Wounded+on+the+Battlefield/0_ntawhk6z

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 01:53PM

This video teaches me that that drones are following our teenagers....everywhere.

Date: May 21, 2015 01:57PM

I'm sorry, but all I could was look at the painting behind the stage and imagine Jesus saying: "Seriously guys, the fish was THIS BIG."

Date: May 21, 2015 05:19PM

What the hell!? That was supposed to be my response to the Bednar face-to-face with kids thread!

Posted by: wanderinggeek ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 02:27PM

I know of a way they could keep warm....just sayin.

Ok, just watched more of the video. And I also have this comment.

God: Oh, what's this? You need help off the mountain? Well, I could help you. Or all those starving kids in Africa. But I think I'll just find Karen's lost keys instead. And bless Jacks food, so it will make him strong and healthy. Sorry guys, only so much time in an eternal day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2015 02:34PM by wanderinggeek.

Date: May 22, 2015 02:01PM

wanderinggeek Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> God: Oh, what's this? You need help off the
> mountain? Well, I could help you. Or all those
> starving kids in Africa.

How could starving children in Africa compare to the income not to mention reproductive potential for more income producers of these kids???

The Lord's plan is to have the woman reproduce and help meet her husband's income potential. This is why there was only a boy and girl who followed the straight and narrow to the promised land.

The other kids are off to potentially have casual sex, a list of sexual relationships, probably experiment with drugs, question life, become disillusioned with the universe and everything and possibly put themselves into some kind of family and probably have joy in their lives but not beat themselves up if they don't. They will have lived their life their ways.

The straight and narrow kids will have to hide their questioning, keep their delusions to keep from becoming disillusioned, and are required by their religion to have a family and have joy in their lives. They will have lived their life their Lord's way. Safe in the comforting folds of their rich and powerful church's delusions.

Starving African children are buzz kills for safe and comfortable American children who wandered out in the woods and prayed the bad kids away.

Posted by: shodanrob ( )
Date: May 22, 2015 02:43PM

That is what a GPS is for you stupid kids

Date: May 22, 2015 03:20PM

LOL! Science intervention.

Posted by: peculiargifts ( )
Date: May 22, 2015 03:14PM

Well, I have to admit that I was confused. You mean that Colton was not supposed to represent the prophet? Leading everyone with his perfect map? And getting it all wrong, over and over?

Shoot! I thought, wow, this church lady is really brave to show a little video parable which proves that the nonsense that she is pretending to admire is really totally fake. And disastrously misleading.

You mean that she really believes that stuff? And is trying to fool young people into following a fake set of prophets who lost the map at just about the same time that they started out? And the kids who made it out --- I was hoping that it was because they were the ones who stopped to think about what they were doing? Rats! How confusing!

Are you sure that Colton is not supposed to be the prophet? What a disappointment! I want my money back!

(Now, back to being serious....)

Date: May 23, 2015 01:37PM

peculiargifts Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are you sure that Colton is not supposed to be the
> prophet?

I thought he was as well at first. The other kid seemed like the well heeled type that wouldn't have been out there in the first place. But maybe he is just a habitual follower and when one leader loses the plan/map he find himself another promised plan.

Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: May 23, 2015 02:18PM

Mormons make the same stupid mistakes. They never learn.

Had the early saints just stayed on the Oregon trail or kept on the trail to California they would have been okay…..but noooo …they followed that douche bag Brigham Young down some lame steep canyon and ended up in the damn great basin and almost died the first year from famine and exposure.

So the moral of the story is if you are following a "prophet" you have already screwed up real bad.

Date: May 23, 2015 04:19PM

But just think of all the religiously okayed polygamist sex they got from following him!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 12:38AM

My Mormon ancestors left Winter Quarters with the Elliott wagon train that took the Oregon trail route. They lived for a while in Wilamette valley in western Oregon before moving to the north California coast. There they prospered far from Mormonism, but my damned great grandfather had to move to Utah and marry three wives, setting my bloodline back a good three generations and making me the son of a son of a son of a fool.

Posted by: ElderCarrion ( )
Date: May 24, 2015 12:20AM

If God had made this the eleventh commandment, we'd have a much better chance as a species:

"Deprogram thyself."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxC6YASUC4E

Date: May 24, 2015 12:40PM

If God wanted no one to believe in God.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.