Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 03:45AM

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/my-baby-girl-turned-out-4148494

I've heard stories about mothers who are so determined to have a daughter they don't let the biological sex of their child stand in the way. They insist their child is or should be a girl and raise "her" as one. It's difficult to get reliable information, but there are at least three probable situations: the mother dreams of having a daughter, a preference for girls over boys, or emotional trauma after a divorce. It's hard to tell fact from fiction -- and there's a lot of "fiction" when you try and look this up -- but it seems to be more common than you would think.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: snagglepuss ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 04:53AM

I've noticed that young 20-something TBM males split into two camps:

sharky guys who submit publically, but they have predatory business morals and toe the mark so long as it's to their career self-interest.

submissive, way-too-"nice" boys who have had all the testosterone drained out of them at home. I think these guys get ground up when they have to go to work and make their own way away from Mom.

Posted by: idleswell ( )
Date: May 22, 2015 03:53PM

Boys suffer in the public school system because it is so dominated by female values and authority figures in the primary grades. Boys would prefer much more physical activity and "risky behavior." But the education system is designed for docile students. Hence, many more boys struggle in school.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.