Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Graffiti Artist ( )
Date: May 20, 2015 05:38PM

And I liked it.

Was at a Major Medical Center the other day for a checkup and saw two Ensign magazines in separate waiting areas, neatly lined up with others like Golf Digest and Redbook. I wrote in each magazine, such comments as "This is a cult!" "Google CES Letter!"

I saw a mention of Joseph Smith, circled his name, and wrote "married more than 30 women and young girls!"

Then I put the magazines back in their tidy arrangement, just the way the volunteers had laid them out.

I just entertained the heck out of myself. And I'm eight years cancer-free.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: May 20, 2015 06:27PM

cesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.com
cesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.comcesletter.com

Posted by: Doubting Thomas ( )
Date: May 20, 2015 06:30PM

Audio version of CES Letter is nicely done.

Go to iTunes:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/letter-to-a-ces-director/id916869444?mt=2

This podcast playing episode after episode is some damn good traveling audio. Play this with any TBM in the car and if they don't jump out while it's moving, they will have their eyes opened and their minds awakened.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 20, 2015 08:39PM

I used a couple to start a campfire that we then drank copious amounts of beer around. True worship, that.

RB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2015 08:40PM by Lethbridge Reprobate.

Posted by: ThatLittleBriggyWentWeeWeeWee ( )
Date: May 20, 2015 08:50PM

Congratulations on being cancer free!!!

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: May 20, 2015 09:53PM

That is the most useless magazine family imaginable.

Not worth the trees its printed on.

I would rather receive a walk in the woods than a subscription to that filth.

Posted by: Heretic 2 ( )
Date: May 20, 2015 10:40PM

"a walk in the woods"

Is that like a euphemism for the Danites taking you out to a remote area and blood atoning you?

I never could stand the Ensign. Too much like a long boring church meeting.

I could not stand the New Era because it was full of popular, beautiful, energetic, perfectly righteous Mormon youths. It made me depressed that I fell so far short.

I kind of liked the Friend. It had games and puzzles and bright colorful pictures. (And I was too young to understand or care about theology.)

Posted by: ASteve ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 01:48PM

No, the Danite euphemism for that is "used him up."

Posted by: USN77 ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 02:52PM

That's not defacing; it's enhancing.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 07:34PM

Congratulations on your recovery. My little brother is going on 35 years cancer free...and the cult had nothing to do with his recovery.

Ron Burr

Posted by: seekyr ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 08:12PM

In the old days, people used pages torn out of the SEARS CATALOG for Toilet paper.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.