Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: May 20, 2015 04:28PM

Emotionally bonded to the cult. They also love the power, the money, the admiration, that they can rationalize the deceipt they are doing.

Think of this...they must also realize that Mormonism damages lives and constantly takes and takes from its followers, and they don't care. They are in love with controlling a cult at all costs.

They don't love Jesus, they don't love the members the way they love their cult. In fact, they have sacrificed the members and Jesus for the cult.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: praydude ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 04:33AM

Of course they know! I'm sure that when Monson finally became the prophet, seer, and revelator and realized that there were no answers...that probably tipped him off. Realistically, he knew the truth about the church way before that.

What is not to love about being a GA? Private jets, millions in the bank, everyone sucking up to you, parties, free medical, security services...it's like a dream come true. You just have to perpetuate a lie, that's all.

All of them sold their souls to be where they are. They are now men without souls.

Posted by: poin0 ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 06:35AM

I don't think all 15 of them have the exact same opinions...

Some of them probably don't believe but pretend to anyway (like a closet ex-mo).

Some of them probably mostly believe but have doubts.

Some of them probably fully believe (like a TBM).

People have suggested that when a mormon is called as a GA they get told it's all a fraud and let in on all the secrets and told what the church really is. This obviously doesn't happen. Think about it. Out of the hundreds of people that have been called GAs over the years at least ONE of them would have said something about it if this really happened. How could a TBM cope with this? It obviously doesn't happen. Some of them might not believe in secret but they'll pretend they believe in front of the other GAs and Apostles.

Posted by: poin0 ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 06:37AM

To add to this, Tom Phillips got his calling and election made sure, and even though they didn't see Jesus, he and his wife still believed after that (it was different things which primarily caused him to leave). So even though Thomas Monson won't be seeing Jesus in the Temple either, I don't see why he couldn't believe (not saying he definitely does, but it's possible). There are always ways to rationalise it in your mind as a mormon.

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 09:51AM

I do think they have a program for slowly initiating the new apostles, possibly with a series of secret rituals that bind them with loyalty rather than truth. Then they slowly reveal that they all know certain things, and welcome to the club.

That would never work with Seventies, though. And I doubt if the hired managers, the Presiding Bishop for example, care much abut the truth claims anyway. They care about money.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 09:38AM

their 'adaptability' when faced with adverse or foul-smelling policies, practices (think temple vows) hits the fan; see how quickly they change?

the 'speaking as a man' compared to 'the prophet will never lead the church astray' thing is Nothing Short of laughable, it's Pure Distain for people who were once taught something that is now denied (something similar, more personal happened Directly to me).

Calling it a Hoax doesn't begin to cover it, it's certainly the biggest world-wide con of any single denomination with its specific promises & claims.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2015 09:39AM by GNPE.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.