Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: somnambulist ( )
Date: May 20, 2015 11:29AM

just wondering what happened to the little guy. He could/should be out by now:

http://rqn.com/blog/utahsecuritiesfraud/2010/08/12/former-stake-president-regional-representative-and-scam-artist/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 20, 2015 05:09PM

I haven't lived there for 30+ years. My family lives there. I haven't heard a thing.

Posted by: danr ( )
Date: May 20, 2015 05:50PM

I wonder if he is related to Matt Udy who is an Idaho Falls TBM convicted of embezzlement.

http://www.localnews8.com/news/idaho-falls-man-pleads-guilty-to-stealing-over-280000/30023786

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 09:52AM

He did have a relative in on at least part of his scams. His son Cameron.

I hear things about this case from people in Utah through the grapevine from time to time. Haven't heard anything in awhile, but from last news I heard the parole hearing didn't go well for Dean Udy.

http://rqn.com/blog/utahsecuritiesfraud/2010/08/12/former-stake-president-regional-representative-and-scam-artist/#.VV3iAtNVhBc

Posted by: fdj ( )
Date: July 11, 2015 12:08PM

Yes, Matt Udy is Dean Udy's nephew. Matt Udy didn't do a ponzi scheme his crime was fradulent use of credit cards.

Posted by: Myron Donnerbalken ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 12:03PM

Isn't it strange to see Mark Shurtleff's name at the top of this document as "for the appellee?" He's now standing trial for fraud.

Date: May 21, 2015 02:20PM

Very clean cut and handsome. This was from my perspective as a teenager. I'm 58 now. I had heard nothing about this until one day I drove by his old home with my sister and she informed me. I was SHOCKED. At the time, it was still abandoned. I'll have to drive by it again next time I go to Brigham City.

I've posted before also that one of the bishops of my parents' ward--lived a block away. I knew his daughters well. I don't know if he ever ended up going to prison. He acted as though he had done nothing. Ken Oakeson. I've tried to find info on him, but I don't think I ever did. My nephew worked for the company he ruined. He embezzled millions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2015 02:20PM by cl2.

Posted by: resipsaloquitur ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 04:07PM

Udy did go to prison.

Date: July 12, 2015 09:09AM

Obviously, Brighamite is from Brigham. I just heard from my sister. I probably could easily know you if you know the Oakesons. His wife was one of my mother's good friends.

There were a lot of things going on at the company. For one, the owner was cheating on his wife with the secretary and she finally divorced him, which is when the company finally closed. My nephew was actually one of the people who built the secretary's home.

Ken Oakeson had a stroke and quit the company. When the new accountant started looking over the records, there was over $350,000 missing. He lost his home in Willard, his home in Brigham, and a car wash he owned. He supposedly now lives in an apartment complex for low income people in Brigham. He has an ankle bracelet because he is too sick to be in prison.

I knew the Oakesons well. My sister's SIL was married to one of their sons for a while. I'm not just spreading gossip. My nephew worked for the company for a long, long time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2015 09:11AM by cl2.

Posted by: Offender Search User ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 08:08PM

He's still in custody -

Offender Number: 195282
Offender Name: RONALD DEAN UDY
DOB: Mon, 15 May 1939
Height: 5 Feet 10 Inches
Weight: 224
Sex: M
Housing Facility: OQUIRRH
Parole Date: 04/12/2026
Aliases:
RONALD DEAN UDY

Posted by: Brighamite ( )
Date: June 05, 2015 02:09AM

CL2.... How do you know the bishop took money? Just because your nephew said so? I'm from BC too. You lived on west side with your parents in his ward?

Date: July 11, 2015 04:03PM

I don't have documentation, but it was well known in the area my parents lived in. I'll have to ask my sister, my nephew's mother. Ken Oakeson no longer lives in that area.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: July 11, 2015 09:16PM

Posted by: ronald white ( )
Date: May 01, 2017 08:40PM

Believe my good friend, Ronald Udy, is still in jail. However if there is any justice and decency in the Utah Courts he should be released. Udy is a wise man in his late 70's and a good family man. All that has been lost to him over these many years so he should be released....NOW! People should forgive as now it is all a bad history. r. white

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: May 02, 2017 12:23PM

ronald white Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Udy is
> a wise man in his late 70's and a good family man.

Do "wise" men embezzle money?
Do "good family men" embezzle money?

You sure have weird definitions of "good" and "wise" if you think they do.

He's being held accountable for his actions. That's what "justice" is.

Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: May 02, 2017 04:18PM

My understanding is that he will be in federal prison for the rest of his life.

Posted by: noitz ( )
Date: August 22, 2021 01:22PM

Dean Udy was not a good man. He broke the law and took advantage of people who trusted him. He used the church as a cover up and lied. He scammed over $100,000.00 from my husband and when he could make payments back to him to help with his cancer treatments he had every excuse in the world why he could not, My husband died as a result. May God forgive him as I cannot!

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: May 02, 2017 12:07PM

I don't know anything about the case, but if my parents lost their retirement funds to a scammer, I wouldn't be quick to forgive.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2017 12:07PM by scmd.

Date: May 02, 2017 12:10PM

Did Udy have to repay what he stole? He sure lived high. How high up in church leadership did he get? I know he was SP, but did he make it to area rep?

Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: May 02, 2017 04:16PM

Yes, he was an area representative.

Posted by: Dontscrewpeople. ( )
Date: January 14, 2018 06:50PM

Mr Udy screwed a lot of people over including his own family and friends he should spend the rest of his life roting in prison. One of his family members invested his life savings in his scam and died broke and scraping by.

Posted by: Nice to See ( )
Date: May 24, 2018 09:34PM

Good old Deano went to a patrol hearing this month and still can’t admit he screwed people. The board gave him an additional 3 years on top of his 15. I think he likes it in there - his type of people. He says he is doing great and is helping many in the Gospel... Got to love it! If he got out he would so the same thing over again.

Posted by: Jimbo ( )
Date: May 25, 2018 01:17PM

How can a parole board give more time than the maximum of the original sentance?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 25, 2018 01:19PM

In Utah, when the spirit moves them.

Posted by: resipsaloquitur ( )
Date: May 25, 2018 01:23PM

That’s just silly. In Utah, the judge sentences a defendant to an indeterminate term of years (e.g., 1-15) and the parole board later determines how much of that time the defendant will actually serve. That way, they can decide if the inmate has made any rehabilitative progress while in prison, such as taking responsibility for their actions or undergoing mental health treatment if necessary.

In a case like this, if the inmate still denies their crimes, the parole board can extend the stay in prison up to the maximum of the indeterminate range.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2018 01:24PM by resipsaloquitur.

Posted by: Jimbo ( )
Date: May 25, 2018 07:01PM

my point was that a parole board cannot add on any time past what the absolute maximum sentance was at trial. I know that if I am say given 1 to 5 years for the crime they can deny parole if I'm up for parole in 2 or 3 years .Once I have done my full 5 years a parole board has no authority to keep me locked up.

Posted by: JamminJimmy ( )
Date: August 31, 2019 11:40PM

Ronald Dean Udy died of a massive heart attack August 30, 2019 in the Utah State Penitentiary. His sentence has now been served.

Date: August 31, 2019 11:50PM

Posted by: ZombieProphet ( )
Date: June 26, 2020 08:53AM

I grew up just down the street from the Udy residence. I spent most of my childhood playing sports with Cameron and "Wick".
I don't believe R. Dean has passed away. I believe he was paroled and is back in Brigham City.

Posted by: Down the road ( )
Date: March 12, 2022 09:24AM

He died in prison

Posted by: MormonMartinLuther ( )
Date: June 26, 2020 10:56PM

May he rest in mormon heaven which doesn't exist.
The con artist gets conned in the end.
Restitution in all things.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: March 16, 2022 07:49PM

Daid. He's daid. Feller died in prison, best I can menember.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 17, 2022 03:30PM

Since his death was reported in this thread in 2019, I find it reassuring to be informed, twice, no less, that he is still dead in 2022.

Way to go all belt and suspenders, peeps.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.