Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: May 20, 2015 11:22AM

Similar to soulmate relationships but different. Apparently you could have several soulmates, but one twin flame.

Interesting reading about it.

I think Mormonism puts a huge damper on finding a soulmate or twin flame.

In Mormonism, you are likely to have been married to someone that marries your role in the church, breadwinner or baby maker which means they never really married you as a person with unique characteristics or flaws. Or you married for sex.

I personally think that a short time with a soulmate or twin flame is worth more than a lifetime being married to a Mormon role.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: amartin ( )
Date: May 20, 2015 11:28AM

I have a friend who's wife decided she had a "twin flame" who was a friend from high school. After getting divorced and splitting apart a family, he decided that he wasn't interested.

I think "twin flame" is just another word for infatuation in practice.

Date: May 20, 2015 11:40AM

This is from a website consciouslifenews.com

You had dreams or visions of this person and/or your energetic relationship before ever meeting in this lifetime.
Meeting your partner felt like “coming home” to a familiar, long-lost energy. After meeting, you had “memories” of other times and places with that person that are not part of this life experience so far.
Your partner mirrors your own issues, concerns, and imbalances, but you also complement each other’s skill sets, talents, and capacities. You are the ultimate embodiment of yin/yang.
At least one partner is of higher frequency, possibly a First Waver, Indigo, and/or Crystal, or is genetically related to one.
You may be of different ages, the same or opposite sex, vastly different backgrounds, “opposing” religions or cultures, but you feel an incredible unity or incomparable sense of oneness with your partner.
You feel each other’s symptoms, illnesses, and emotions even when you are not near each other or in communication.
Your functioning is impaired or much less optimal when you are apart from your twin flame. It physically and mentally hurts when you are not together.
When you are with your partner and the relationship is in balance, you become stronger, more powerful, and more capable than you have ever felt. You feel united in a mission or “calling” to serve others and the world.
Your unconditional love for your partner is like no other. Your partner is likely to have a certain habit, quality, or “baggage” that would be a deal-breaker for you in any other relationship. However, you overlook it or willingly work through it with this partner– no matter what it takes.
You met your partner when one or both of you were in other relationships or otherwise “unavailable.” It’s likely that you met when and where you were least consciously expecting it.
Either you or your partner feared the power of the twin flame connection and ran from the relationship so as not to feel overwhelmed and/or vulnerable. Years may go by before you are both in the “place” to finally commit fully to the relationship.
The partner who ran from the twin flame relationship finally “wakes up” and realizes the significance. His or her “a-ha” moment comes as the result of a loss, illness, or other personal catastrophe. He or she then comes to terms with the fact that there is no other person or priority more important than the twin partner.
No matter how many times you break up or separate, forces seems to bring you back together. You see the “signs” and reminders of that twin connection everywhere, urging you back together.
Your relationship is characterized by extreme highs and lows, including passion and intense pain you’ve most likely never felt before.

I think that I've found my twin flame. I've had several spiritual experiences about her. Its been a long process. I had a dream about her name 2 years before I met her.

I'm not sure how it will play out. I was stuck in the friend zone, and I've really really tried to forget about her, but after reading about twin flame, it seems to be this kind of thing.

Posted by: BoMSkeptic ( )
Date: May 20, 2015 12:54PM

Sound like this is a poetry website, not a news website.

Posted by: q ( )
Date: May 20, 2015 04:48PM

So THIS is what a burning bush is! ;-p

Posted by: g0rgone ( )
Date: May 20, 2015 01:20PM

I can attest to everything said above (all of this), as I feel I am with my twin flame now.

He def resonates on a MUCH higher frequency, & he needs me to stay on the ground.

...& never have I met another who could soothe & refract my c-PTSD(due to being raised in the cult & bouncing from one abuser to the next) within a simple word.

We're exact opposites, & from the opposite sides of the planet, yet.... when I met him 5 yrs ago(at my best friends wedding, which I officiated-she was marrying his brother).... I pointed at him in my mind & a voice inside said, he's the one....that man....that man....that man. I wasn't the only one who saw this however, as his brother noticed our tethered threads right away.
He escaped on a plane the next day & I didn't see him again for another 4 yrs. He visited my friends again last year, & we haven't been apart since.

Posted by: anon4this1 ( )
Date: May 20, 2015 12:17PM

Generally I have seen "twin flame" applied to mean "adultery is justified in this case because of MAGIC."

Date: May 20, 2015 12:18PM

Iqn efforts to harmonize, justify karma, and balance each other, you “push each other’s buttons” and test each other’s limits like no one else has or ever will. Nevertheless, the extreme highs in the relationship consistently get higher.
Friends, family members, and others in your circle can’t relate to the twin flame dramas and always try to get you to move on to someone or something else that seems more logical or better for you “on paper.”
The growth you experience, the lessons you learn, and the person you become in the twin flame relationship are more significant, happen more rapidly, and are more powerful than any other experience or period of growth in your life.
You realize that your previous soul mates or other relationships prepared you for the twin flame reunion. Your twin flame may even have or embody a number of the unusual characteristics or outstanding attributes of your previous mates and soul friends.
You feel as if you’ve been waiting your whole life for this person. When you look back at your life, you see illnesses, sabotaged relationships, or other situations that manifested because you were still waiting and still looking for “the one.”
Even if you are extremely tired of 3 dimensional existence here on earth, you heal, evolve, mature, and continue to live– just to stay with your twin flame partner.
You are an “old soul” and this is your last human experience.
The more that you and your twin partner spend time together, the more rapidly and completely you awaken to higher consciousness.
You have a deep knowing that your twin partner is your destiny– not just in this lifetime, but also when you ascend, return “home,” and are reunited for eternity.

Posted by: xdman ( )
Date: May 20, 2015 12:39PM

You decide. But this seems a lot like a relationship in which one or both parties have a personality disorder, histrionic, narcissistic, or borderline:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/stop-walking-eggshells/201202/the-magical-fantasies-borderlines-and-narcissists

Date: May 20, 2015 12:51PM

I don't know how much weight I'd put on that article, but from personal experience my ex made comment that "We are destined to be soulmates"

This was in the same time-frame that she was cheating on me... with 2 other guys. The funny thing is, I think she truly believed it, although she's an Atheist like me.

I could never swallow it however, and then afterward I found out what a farce it had been, and how it was just another appendage of the shallow person she is (No hate, I'm over it- some people just never change)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2015 12:52PM by BoMSkeptic.

Posted by: shodanrob ( )
Date: May 20, 2015 12:42PM

Sounds like a revelation from Joseph to justify polygamy

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: May 20, 2015 07:59PM

good one

Date: May 20, 2015 12:48PM

Its a shame to see people come clean from the delusion of Mormonism, yet embrace a similar (albeit less harmful) delusion about love and relationships.

Just as there is nothing magical about religon, there is nothing "magical" about the love we share.

Granted, I am beyond guilty in this regard, because I went all over the place when I lost my faith in mormonism. I believed in UFOs and Lizard people for awhile, before being able to think clearly.

No, twin flames is a gripping concept, and can play out in our lives like a self-fulfilling prophecy, but to assume a twin flame concept you have to assume that there in someone behind the scenes who is setting things in motion, and who plans out your life for you.

Its just as ridiculous as the concept of a mormon god.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 20, 2015 12:53PM

gay ex-husband before I met him.

Date: May 20, 2015 03:59PM

My marriage ended after 20 yrs. We were both tbm. I left Mormonism. I then had a dream that I had a "baby" named Jenna. That are the words that entered my mind during a dream. I then thought during the dream, "why would I name a baby Jenna when I have a daughter named (rhyming name) I woke up.

In the morning as I thought about the dream, I came to the conclusion that someone named Jenna, younger than me, was going to come into my life. I knew it 100%. 2 years pass and I met someone named Jenna and we became "friends". After 2 yrs of being stuck in the friend zone, I got pissed off and tried to get over it.

The thing is is that I've had other spiritual "experiences" about her, a few of them. This all confused me, and seemed like a waste of revelations for something that never really materialized, at least not yet I suppose.

So, maybe she is a twin flame??? I was thinking that she was just a deep infatuation, that just won't go away fully.

Posted by: Redneck Wonderland ( )
Date: May 20, 2015 08:59PM

Twin flames are when 2 people blue dart at the same time.

Posted by: WickedTwin ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 03:01AM

I certainly have! It's why I have this screen name :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.