Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonn ( )
Date: May 19, 2015 12:51AM

Your advice you give does not go in vain. About a year or maybe 2 years ago I came on here wondering what to do with my girlfriend that started hitting me when we got in a fight. Last weekend I broke up with this girl and everything of hers is out if my place now. I certainly took your words into consideration when I made this decision even though it took me a long time because I loved her. Thanks for the help even though I was slow to respond.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: May 19, 2015 01:04AM

Good to hear. Good luck on your journey.

Posted by: ohdeargoodness ( )
Date: May 19, 2015 01:13AM

+1

Posted by: Ex-Sis ( )
Date: May 19, 2015 01:17AM

Good for you! Be proud of yourself for ending a bad situation. Take some time and be on your own awhile. Decompress... figure out what you want from life.

When you do date, be cautious about finding a similar individual with anger issues. Therapy might be useful to know why you tolerated the abuse, and how to set proper boundaries.

Congratulations for being able to breathe and relax once more without walking on eggshells! Be very particular who you allow into your life from now on... Enjoy your freedom and future! =)

Posted by: Anonn ( )
Date: May 20, 2015 03:19AM

Wow it's like you read my mind. I kept telling her I was tired of waking on eggshells. Thank you so much!

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: May 19, 2015 01:37PM

Usually, we hear about guys how hit, and forget that gals can do the same thing. Hope you are happier now and know you do not have to be abused. That is not love.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: May 20, 2015 03:42AM

Thanks for the return and report.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 20, 2015 03:56AM

Congratulations for having courage to leave this horrible situation.

Posted by: myopinion ( )
Date: May 20, 2015 05:01AM

I remember your post. Great to hear your news.

Posted by: Annon ( )
Date: May 21, 2015 02:25AM

Oh you do! Yes I'm the one where we went to a concert and she pushed me away when I started grinding with her then when I got upset she started yelling for the police. Then when we got home we continued fighting. Then she got more upset and started hitting. She's tiny so she couldn't do anything but I told her if she did it again we are through.

Well she kept getting mad at me for no reason or just really tiny reasons and I kept telling her I am tired of walking on egg shells. Then 2 weeks ago I wanted to break up with her because she got really upset because I disagreed with her on an hypothetical situation. That night she wanted to sleep in the other room.

The last fight we had was she yelled at me all day long because I facetimed my sister in the bedroom. I kept the phone on my face so my sister couldn't see her. Plus she was already awake and playing with her phone.

After getting yelled at all day long for that she wanted me to apologize like a lap dog. That's when I decided it was time to end this.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 20, 2015 05:41AM

I'm glad that you've parted ways with her. Best of luck moving forward!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.