Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: May 08, 2015 03:48PM

http://fresnomission.blogspot.com/2015/05/presidents-weekly-why-of-exact-obedience.html

I am not even going to say anything at this point, I am just going to re up this thread for a second round, because the spirit has born witness to me that there is a lot more salient (vitriolic) commentary that needs to be made on this fine Mission President's exemplary efforts to whip his Missisonaries into shape.

......OK, I am going to make a comment. Any one think this MP is running for GA ?

From a fine MORmON tradition of motivating MORmON missionaries:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuN_ZDJKkPo

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jcrichards ( )
Date: May 08, 2015 04:33PM

You need to be able to bend over without hesitation or questioning. That's what exact obedience is. Make people think they have free will by taking it from them.
And yes, this douche looks like he has GA wet dreams.

Posted by: seeking peace ( )
Date: May 08, 2015 04:59PM

Egads!! Look at the way his wife is hanging on his arm, so like Eve in the temple film.--She obviously went through back in the day when you had to pledge exact obedience to your Adam/husband or be disemboweled. These poor missionaries have been sent to hell--and one more thing, what is with the polyester long skirts all those poor sister missionaries always wear--I think I prefer the prairie dresses of Colorado city to those!

Posted by: Flare ( )
Date: May 08, 2015 09:02PM

UGH !!! There are just no words to describe how truly creepy that article is. Can you say reflective of some of the darker chapters in our history???? Exact obedience ??? Really ?????

Wow. Just. Wow.

I am sooooooo glad that NONE of my kids are going to be missionaries for the TSSC in the Fresno Mission or anywhere else for that matter. We'd like them to actually do some good in this world, not just "obey".

Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: May 08, 2015 09:15PM

Gack! Did you read where the suck up missionary wrote about wanting to fully understand the promises he made and to know the promises are real and true? Dude, you promised your soul, money, and family to Joseph Smith! What else is there to understand?

The MP looks like a smarmy Jerry Falwell type, or Jim Baker.

Posted by: Anziano Young ( )
Date: May 08, 2015 10:00PM

Hmmm...change a few words here and there, and:

"If you'll remember, since I arrived I have told you that the California <office> is uniquely situated and qualified to lead the way and demonstrate how <our CEO> wants an <office> to be. If we will stick with these fundamentals and be constant and vigilant in our Exact Obedience, I know without a shadow of a doubt we will be this model <office>. And I know that by doing so our <profits> will soar, even well above <our arbitrary goal>. I want to bear you my testimony of this for I absolutely know it is true as the <corporate vision statement> has borne witness to me of these principles. It is a great day to be a peon in the California <office>!!!!"

Voila.

Posted by: Anziano Young ( )
Date: May 08, 2015 10:04PM

smirkorama Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>Any one think this MP is running for GA ?

Oh, silly you--GAs are called of God! The church isn't a corporate structure, where sales numbers and profit margins are rewarded with advancement opportunities by the board and CEO as they groom their eventual replaceme...oh, wait.

Posted by: villager ( )
Date: May 08, 2015 10:45PM

Isn't that special..

he has headquarters in Utah,New york and Grand Cayman.

https://huntsman.usu.edu/alumni/htm/directory/memberID=4288

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 09, 2015 12:07AM

"Mrs. Clark and the girls are all beauty pageant winners"

Posted by: scmdanothercomputer ( )
Date: May 09, 2015 12:26AM

donbagley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Mrs. Clark and the girls are all beauty pageant
> winners"

Bonnie's not THAT hot. I don't know what she looked like back in her day, but my om and her sisters are a good ten years older than Sister Clark and would beat her in a beauty contest any day of the week.

I spend time in the area because of having grown up there in part and because of having relatives and friends there. I've met the guy, and I've spoken with missionaries who have served under him. He's a douchebag with a capital D. He even boasts of his wealth to the missionaries serving under him.

Yep, he certainly sees himself as a G.A. in the making, though the brethren who have such revelations best hurry with this one because President Clark is not getting any younger, though I believe's he's not as old as he looks.

Posted by: Clark's ex-companion ( )
Date: May 09, 2015 12:52AM

The Mission President, Jeffrey Clark, served in the Spain Madrid Mission. I have a copy of the mission's photo directory (July 1976-July 1977) called 76-77 CompaƱeros. It has his photo with the dates Noviembre 1976 - Noviembre 1978. So he was probably born in 1957 which makes him 57-58 years old.

"He even boasts of his wealth to the missionaries serving under him." Sickening.

Posted by: Emmabiteback ( )
Date: May 09, 2015 12:38AM

His personality screams, insincere and arrogant. Thanks for sharing this priceless memo from this goon. He is a piece in f work, that's for sure..

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 09, 2015 01:33AM

how about a link to the original?

thanks!

Posted by: Carol ( )
Date: May 09, 2015 03:12AM

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 09, 2015 01:35AM

didn't Hitler demand exact obedience ?

Posted by: Senoritalamanita ( )
Date: May 09, 2015 01:49AM

A trophy bride, trophy children and business ventues in NY, Utah and Grand Caymans, he probably has a secret loathing for Fresno, with a population of about 46% "lamanites." He probably feels that the area is the "armpit" of California.

His frustration leads him to control every aspect of his perfect facade of a world ... his wife, family and HIS missionaries.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: May 09, 2015 11:24AM

I missed this thread when it was first posted. I just read the thread by his former companion. Then I read this one.

I am sick.at.heart. My dear grandson is in this mission.

I wondered why his blog posts lately sound so weird. Sometimes I can't really bring myself to read them. He is trying so hard to live up to his MP expectations. This is really horrid.

Posted by: Not Surprised ( )
Date: November 03, 2016 11:46PM

I know the Jeff and Bonnie Clark family. So much of what Jeff does is driven by Bonnie. She can easily berate him, therefore he works overtime to stay in her favor. She expects him to be perfect. I knew she'd have her fingers in every aspect of the mission when I heard they were called. Notice who is posting the blogs (Bonnie). Would not be surprised if she drafts them and he edits them. Thought for sure that being called to serve as MP in Fresno mission would be a chance for both to humble themselves. Not happening obviously. Sad.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 04, 2016 12:26AM

how does exact obedience differ from obedience ?

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: November 04, 2016 01:54AM

Even though Fresno has been built all the way out to the river with some really nice houses, it's still Fresno.

OTOH, this guy sounds like schlong juice whether he's the Big Man in the SJV, Beverly Hills, or some horrid slum in India.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.