Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: May 04, 2015 05:31PM

. . . pre-med student. He was a roommoate with Elton Simpson (the other dead shooter), who was from Phoenix.

"[Nadir] Soofi was a pre-med student at the University of Utah from 1998 to 2003, according to a spokeswoman for the school. He left the school in the summer of 2003 without having earned a degree, she said."

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fnews%2Fpost-nation%2Fwp%2F2015%2F05%2F04%2Ffbi-had-known-about-suspected-texas-shooter-for-years%2F&ei=juNHVZfDDoWngwSr9IGIDQ&usg=AFQjCNHLQmeQ6dsm21t8VeL9vJcBdKOU1g&bvm=bv.92291466,d.eXY

"A Facebook page that appears to be Mr. Soofi’s says he graduated from the International School of Islamabad, in Pakistan, in 1998, but it was not clear whether he was a Pakistani national. The page says he attended the University of Utah."

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&ved=0CDsQFjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nytimes.com%2F2015%2F05%2F05%2Fus%2Fgarland-texas-shooting-muhammad-cartoons.html&ei=juNHVZfDDoWngwSr9IGIDQ&usg=AFQjCNGvJCDTLE-YRV7UtrgieGDbYMYmJg&bvm=bv.92291466,d.eXY

(Oh, and he was Muslim, not Mormon)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2015 05:43PM by steve benson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: May 04, 2015 06:46PM

It took me a while to figure out that title, since the dead shooter was also a dead shootee. But that's very interesting. Links from blogs and forms have become my primary source of news.

Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: May 04, 2015 07:20PM

Good thing they were not able to get inside the event!

My god is better than your god. If I had a god...

You have a dangerous profession. Keep your weapon handy. Stay safe.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: May 05, 2015 02:27PM

The crime scene officer who drew the chalk lines around the jihadists' bodies.

Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: May 05, 2015 11:11PM

Mr. Soofi was born in the U.S. so he was a U.S. citizen. I think he went to live in Pakistan when he was ten, a good age for learning about the "religion of peace." I get angry when I hear of Islam referred to as a peaceful religion. ISIS or ISIL, whatever it is this week, is viewed by many in the Islamic world as the true representation of the way that their faith should take over and rule the whole of the world. There are many of our so called allies where many secretly applaude their actions. If I sound bitter it is because I don't feel very Christian when I think of the suffering these people are causing so many innocents around the world.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: May 06, 2015 01:12AM

When the Iranian Ayatollah Khomeni issued the fatwa of death upon Salman Rushdie, somebody in the establishment media wanted to find a "good Moslem" to show that Khomeni is not representative of Islam. So they looked up Yosuf Islam, the former balladeer Cat Stevens to show that not all Moslems wanted Rusdie dead.

Islam said (paraphrase), "He blasphemed the prophet. He must die."

Islam is trying to resurrect his career, so he's tried to walk back his statements. But he said that/similar remarks numerous times.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.