Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: thewhyalumnus ( )
Date: May 04, 2015 04:25PM

You want to know how TBM my family and friends are?

Some of them, who live in the Moridor, decided to skip out on school to take their kids to the Payson Open House.

"We want to teach our children that the Temple is more important than school or most anything else that 'the world' has to offer."

This was their reasoning.

I can't handle this. I wish I could officially disown every TBM in my life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: hausfrau ( )
Date: May 04, 2015 04:37PM

I'm surprised that they aren't homeschooling with that logic. Similarly, I've heard plenty of TBMs talk about how they are teaching their children that the Lord comes before everything and anything, including their parents. In one case it was was staying home on a Sunday instead of going to a water park with their dad.

It's frustrating to see and hear parents teach their children something that you don't agree with. On the other hand, I know my grandparents (some other relatives and probably neighbors) are all frustrated with me for not taking my children to church or even having them blessed with they were babies.

I agree it's a silly reason to skip school. In the grand scheme of life, it won't make a big difference one way or another. It's actually funny if you think about it-- skipping school for an open house. I feel sorry for these kids that are so entrenched in the Mormon church and culture.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 04, 2015 05:15PM

The dead shall rise (in importance.)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.