Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: May 04, 2015 02:19AM

Finally! It is 2015 and this egregious practice by amateur clergy is getting a spotlight. Mormons are screaming to take it down... Everyone needs to write their creepy tale of pervy bishopric members asking unnecessarily prying, sexual questions. Young teens, alone with grown men who have no training or qualifications, sexual questions. What could go wrong?

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 04, 2015 10:28AM

Thanks for that link, Carol. I feel very strongly about this one, having been abused this way myself. I posted my story there.

Posted by: Carol ( )
Date: May 04, 2015 03:24PM

Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: May 04, 2015 11:27AM

What is happening is that the world at large due to social networking and internet blogging are learning just how weird and perverted TSCC really is. Joseph's sexual escapades which are deeply embedded within Mormonism are clearly contrary to what is now acceptable by contemporary society.

We, who grew up in the church, accepted the bullshit without question as we were brainwashed to do. My wife, a never-MO, and I never really discussed Mormonism in our forty some years together as I had no desire to relive my dreadful past. Recently, however, she has become aware of many things and has asked me if they were true. Of course, I confirmed that they were. She was very upset to learn about the past nudity in Mormon temples and that grown men regularly interview teenage boys and girls about their personal sexual habits without others present. While she is no prude when it comes to sex, she said the no man has any business ever talking about sex with a young girl - especially in private. Her one word response: "Sick!" She, a non-active Catholic, is equally disgusted with the priest/alter boy pedophilia and the subsequent cover-up which resulted in even more victims.

When I was about twelve in the early fifties, a bishop ran off with the tithing money which, back then, was usually paid in cash. He took a very attractive teenage girl with him to Vegas where they had a good time until the money ran out. Looking back with more mature eyes, I'm willing to bet that the sexual relationship started with his private sexual interviews with the young woman. After all, something had to have happened previously for him to know she was willing to run away and engage in sexual activities with him - a much older man.

Mormon sexual interviews clearly have to stop - the sooner, the better for all concerned.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2015 11:30AM by Templar.

Posted by: topper ( )
Date: May 04, 2015 02:02PM

Topping topic

Posted by: Carol ( )
Date: May 04, 2015 06:12PM

Posted by: Fallen Moroni ( )
Date: May 04, 2015 08:47PM

I created this page back in August 2013 and haven't really kept up with maintaining it lately. If anyone has a personal experience with a prying bishop they'd like to share on the page (anonymously), feel free to send a private message to the page and I'll post on your behalf ... name removed, of course.

-Fallen Moroni

Posted by: too lazy to log in ( )
Date: May 04, 2015 08:58PM

Also, there is a petition on the FB page, asking the church to start giving background checks to volunteers who work with children...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.