Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 08:50PM

Think about it. I just read the African children post. And was a convenient relief from a troublesome conscience - the children who die before age 8 go straight to heaven. It made me think what other conscience alleviations does Mormonism have or promote?

Well, Joseph Smith's Book of Mormon gave relief from thinking it was bad what was happening to American Indians and the land grab that was "Western Expansion."

Polygamy in my sister's Mormonism relieves women from the duty of caring for their own children all the time and their conscience from bothering them about it.

The biggie is Priesthood. A Mormon man in leadership always has a superior willing to take the burden of a conscience. Just obey and don't worry about your actions. You didn't have to make many moral decisions as they have already been correlated.

And those pesky living people? Just focus on the dead. They are so much less bothersome to the conscience. You have plenty of time to get to helping them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Haunted Wasatch ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 10:48PM

Also a religion of justifying conceite and narcicism.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 04, 2015 11:30AM

So true. I have a memory bank full of examples. They really taking justifying not helping people so God can save them to a whole new level.

They are promised to be on the multi-heaven marketing plan of a godhood pyramid. Mormonism through attempting perfection breeds justification of their failings and glorifying in their potential. Just go work for the dead to earn Celestial points.

As long as you follow obediently their plan of salvation you are guaranteed happiness and eventually some kind of godlike glory. You are the focus.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 04, 2015 01:22PM

Many of my stories are about the mistreatment of children by Mormon narcissist adults. I've been told I should write what I know.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.