Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon666 ( )
Date: May 02, 2015 01:29PM

My TBM DW is very distraught because I no longer buy into the mormon line of thinking.

When discussing last night about joes sexual habits, I asked her If someone from the church called you up and told you to meet them at the temple because god had revealed that she was to marry them, while still being married to me, and that they would be back from the honeymoon at the end of the week. Would she go?

She said “Well, I would have to pray about it first.”

WTF!!!

Is she just with me because the church told her to get married???

Any TBM could take my place with her as long as they go to church???

It is like she is cheating on me already. With the church!

I am sure her attitude is on par with all those women jo was screwing. My wife doesn’t even like sex. She never has. She has never initiated it in all the years we have been married and she will just lay there and yawn when it actually happens about once a month.

Screw a Special Witness and get a free ride to heaven. Brainwashing at its best.

UGH!!! Pulling hair out and slamming face into keyboard.

Dfdjrp oihjoi ‘h53qoihj45 4to53h 3o851 130l;I egr3

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: May 02, 2015 01:57PM

I'm sorry sweatheart..

Really am.

It's a f#cking cult..

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: May 02, 2015 02:16PM

Remind her that "praying about it" is just a way of confirming to yourself that you want to do something already, not a way of getting a magical "answer" from an imaginary god-thing.

If that helps. :)

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: May 02, 2015 04:05PM

"Praying about it" is also religion's way of getting honorable people to do dishonorable things.

"Well, I wouldn't do that, ordinarily, but God said to do it."

Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: May 02, 2015 02:49PM

This is what the LDS YW program produces. Girls who marry a temple. They marry a church. They marry to have children. You are married to a morgbot zombie.

Any women here who used to be her? What woke you up? How did you come out of the self-righteousness fog?

Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: May 02, 2015 02:53PM

Several posters have stated that their spouse wanted out of the marriage if they were not to remain a TBM. Apparently, many wives are in love with what their husband represents to them in the church and are not in love with the person for themself.

When I began to be aware of the fallacies in Mormonism and discussed them in private with BYU professors, several confided in me and warned me not to marry one of these sweet BYU co-eds or I would be stuck in Mormonism for life! They said that if they ever stated what they really believed, it would be the end of their job and their marriage.

I wisely learned from their mistakes. I married a never-MO non-practicing Catholic in a community church by the reverend of the "Now Church". We wrote our own ceremony and included readings from a number of inspirational sources. Several attendees remarked how much they enjoyed the liberal ceremony. We're still married after forty-three years and neither us nor our loving daughter has ever attended a church.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: May 02, 2015 02:58PM

I'm so sorry......

That's no way to live.

The church fucks with everyone.... Damn.

Posted by: michaelm (not logged in) ( )
Date: May 02, 2015 03:56PM

Tell her "Yes, pray to your god to feel good about committing adultery."

Posted by: nonsequiter ( )
Date: May 02, 2015 04:02PM

I heard several times while in church (and even from my mission president) that our duties were supposed to be with God/ the church first and THEN our spouse.

To a true TBM the spouse will always come second to god.

Posted by: anon666 ( )
Date: May 02, 2015 10:33PM

Thanks all for letting me rant. I have to say her answer floored me. I was kind of hopeful that she would see something wrong with a request like that coming from a church leader, but god wants what god wants. Who are we to question?

I wish there was some way to snap her out of it. I am beginning to wonder if the girl I fell in love with and married ever really existed at all.

I hate this frigging church!

Posted by: Mannaz ( )
Date: May 02, 2015 11:00PM

If you could survive the following it you might consider the following -- it is walking the knifes edge though.

Perhaps go and say to her something like: "You know, earlier I asked you what you would do if someone from the church told you to meet them at the temple because God revealed to them that you were supposed to marry them. And then you said "Well, I would have to pray about it first". Were you kidding around? I am really having a hard time wrapping my head around that".

I think it is crucial to find a way when a marriage goes from TBM to mixed faith to get to at least the point where both partners are on the same page that priorities in the family are marriage first, kids second, and then other things like church. Otherwise the 'blanks' can get filled in with the wrong assumptions/ideas.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 02, 2015 10:50PM

I don't know if it's germane, but doesn't one spouse who has a 'habit' that the other spouse doesn't like, have an 'out' with the claim that "I prayed about it and ghawd says it's okay."

I hope I'm making myself clear... One spouse says, "I want you to..." The other spouse says, "I prayed, and ghawd said it's okay if I ..."

Tensions grow and if spouse #1 doesn't agree that ghawd is happy with spouse #2 ...

Of course this could happen in any relationship, but mormons would have that excuse...

Posted by: superman4691 ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 02:41AM

Yes, sir. My TBM spouse drank that same Kool-Aid. Sounds exactly like something my DW would now say.
My sympathies are with you.

However my DW wasn't like this when we were first married. She loathed the thought of polygamy, but in a recent discussion with her, she stated that, "There are some things we just arent meant to understand." (The catch all phrase favored by TBM's when lacking an reasonable answer)

When pushed further on the subject of The New and Everlasting Covenant of polygamy, she admitted she would be okay with being assigned in the Celestial Kingdom to another man as his 2nd or 3rd wife because,
#1) Obviously I wouldnt be there and,
#2) The new husband would be worthy of his priesthood.

That conversation ended with me shocked into silence, and her heading off to a RS event.
So much for Families are Forever, they're just interchangable parts. If one is defective, just eliminate it, and pop in another,.. Voila!!!

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 03:23AM

I am a bic mormon. I have total of 50 years in the cult.

Even I can't wrap my head around the thinking of these women.
There's no way in hell I would settle for being second or third class for eternity!

Even as a mormon I didn't buy into all that crap.

I married a RM when I was 18. divorced him when I was 21. The church says i'm stuck with him for eternity. To add insult to injury, they say my kids (he doesn't know they exist) with my 2nd husband are going to be his for eternity. Sorry, but the mormons are so fucked up they can't even sort themselves out!

Nothing those wackos say or do is truth. It's incredibly sad to me when someone really believes this stuff to the point that they're willing to traumatize their family. The only answer to this situation is that someone has been brainwashed. Who do you think it is? Him, or her?

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 10:26AM

"She said “Well, I would have to pray about it first.”"

Let that be...Clue #1.

I bet if you look a little harder, you'll find more clues...like easter eggs...

Good luck

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.