Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 03:13PM

My summer movie list

Avengers: Age of Ultron
Mad Max: Fury Road(have to see this without TBM Dad as he wont go see R rated movies per the morg!!)
Tomorrowland(my TBM Dad and I might see this)
San Andreas
Insidious: Chapter 3
Jurassic World(TBM Dad wants to see this)
Ted 2(not sure about it yet)
Terminator Genisys(if it's R,I've had to see by myself maybe!)
Ant-Man
Pixels(not sure about)
The Man from U.N.C.L.E.(not sure about after Arnie Hammer and "The Lone Ranger" a few years ago!??)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 03:25PM

The only one I really want to see is Avengers. I can't think of any others at this time and people have abominable theater manners in this town, so I prefer to watch movies at home.

Date: May 01, 2015 03:33PM

For me if a movie is PG or PG-13, my TBM Dad and I will go see it. But if it's the morg's dreaded R, forget it!! Then I'll have to go see it by myself or see my younger sister and her boyfriend are going to see it!!

Stupid morg rules on movies! Stupid cult!!

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 03:30PM

Right now, I'm thinking of seeing The Avengers. As I'm not Mormon, I'm sure I'll see a few R rated movies. A few times a year, I even go to an art theater to see films that are never going to be blockbusters, but may do well during award season.

Date: May 01, 2015 03:34PM

You can tell from my list I threw in a few R's I'd like to see this summer...

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 07:17PM

I won't go to a theater. Not only do I have anxiety, I also have Netflix and a good home theater system. Front row seats on the couch and whiskey if I choose it.

That list of movies looks pretty thin to me. Maybe Jurassic World, maybe. And I can wait to see it later.

Posted by: lue ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 07:19PM

Avengers for sure

Posted by: newnameabigail ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 02:23AM

Already watched Avengers last Friday. Can't think what else we will have a chance to watch. For sure some R -rated ones and even NC-17. I never got their stupid "No R-Rated" policy anyway. Morgs should better stuck to Disney and other G-rated movies - that wouldn't harm them in their floating on marshmallow bubble. I can see a big hype from Morgs for Avenger and even bringing their 5 and 6 yr olds kids to see it - They let small children watch really a lot of violence (I def wouldn't recommend it to anyone under 13, even with parents) but freaking out when an adult sees a nipple or use the F Word.

Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 01:02PM

The only one I know I am attending is Minion's. I have a date with my 6 year old Great Niece and 3 year old Great Nephew. They had their Mom ask me to take the opening day off work.

Going to let the older kids pick a PG-13. Can't wait until they are older so I can see an R rated with them.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 01:10PM

We went and saw Avengers yesterday, IMAX 3D and the whole shebang. It was really good. Highly "personal" concerning the characters. My first thought on seeing the movie, interestingly enough, was that they all looked a LOT older than they did in the first movie just a few years ago...but great fun :)

Posted by: Heretic 2 ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 01:32PM

I am more into dramas myself. I like realistic and plausible movies where all the action is something that could happen in the real world. Like if a man falls four stories he is dead or severely wounded instead of standing back up and returning to the fight. I think Hollywood is addicted to CGI. I want great stories, not just spectacular special effects.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 07:03PM

What passes for science fiction in the theaters is absurd. It's like Macbeth's sound and fury signifying nothing. If you want to see some good science fiction, check out "Black Mirror" on Netflix. It's six episodes of speculative fiction about coming technologies and the horrors of things going badly.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 01:58PM

Won't be going to see any of them in theatres (don't like those places) so will be waiting to see Mad Max when it hits my sat movie package...November, maybe...

RB

Posted by: moira ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 02:13PM

Saw the Avengers movie yesterday and sat next to a lady who was a Marvel nerd who explained some plot twists. All of the Marvel movies are, maybe not the right word, incestuous, linking them together. Usually I go with my grandsons but they're not here. The theatre was packed with all ages. It was an action movie after all. (BTW, toddlers were terrified. Leave them at home!) Great fun. Great actors having fun. Great CGI. Went home and watched Guardians of the Galaxy because my seatmate suggested it for plot line. Got the connection but happy I didn't pay money to see that one. IMHO, Age of Ultron left that in the dust.

Posted by: iknowthischurchisfalse ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 06:52PM

Mad Max
that Brian Wilson biopic
Terminator
Jurassic
Aloha - My top two actress crushes are in this movie. I'll see it even if it sucks.
Tomorrowland
Ant Man
that new Amy Schumer comedy
Spy
Southpaw

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 07:04PM

I like a good blockbuster, but the selection so far is not grabbing me. I'll probably see Tomorrowland and Jurassic World, perhaps two or three others. I didn't like the first Ted movie, so I'll take a pass on the second.

Posted by: wastedtime ( )
Date: May 04, 2015 12:13AM

My daughter wants to see "Unfriended". I'll take her when it gets to the dollar theater.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q72LWqCx3pc

Posted by: southern Idaho inactive ( )
Date: May 04, 2015 12:17AM

Is that movie a take on "Facebook"!?? If so it'll be dated when the Facebook fad finally ends.

Posted by: wastedtime ( )
Date: May 04, 2015 01:01AM

Yeah it looks like a take on the dark side of "social media" It will make a good daddy daughter date. Bullies get their due.

Date: May 04, 2015 01:35AM

I forgot to add "Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation" due out on July 31st!!!They're on the fifth movie now!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.