Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: iplayedjoe ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 01:26PM

How likely is it that these storm troopers are priesthood holders?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhgpfIdEYVk

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Really? ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 04:19PM

How do you think these stormtroopers should have handled it? He was not complying with orders to put his hands up, then not standing up.

Posted by: Other Than ( )
Date: May 01, 2015 05:35PM

Not complying! Quick send in another dog to tear his throat out!

Non-compliance is not a license for cop violence, yet it is used over and over again as the excuse to tase, punch, and shoot unarmed people, regularly causing injury and death.

Cops have no idea why people are non-complying. It could be from a language barrier, intoxication, medical condition, mental condition, or even outright fear for their lives. None of that justifies using attack dogs when no threat is present.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 02, 2015 05:36PM

I was thinking that the guy might have had anxiety or been inebriated, neither of which is a crime, last I checked.

And I wonder who was the idiot who decided to call it felony arson? The arrest was way over the top. And what's the excuse for allowing the dog to continue mauling the man when he was face down and restrained?

Posted by: ConcernedCitizen ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 08:46AM

..."Dogs are people too!!"

...oh yeah, in some jurisdictions killing a Police dog can be as severe as killing a line officer........go figure.

http://cdn1-www.shocktillyoudrop.com/assets/uploads/2014/05/rabid-dogs.jpg

Posted by: ConcernedCitizen ( )
Date: May 03, 2015 09:16AM

...article and video from SLTrib.

"Justice.......delivered right to your door!"

http://www.sltrib.com/news/2460434-155/west-jordan-police-sued-for-excessive

Posted by: 64monkey ( )
Date: May 02, 2015 03:35PM

Why is it the older I get, America law enforcement reminds me of WWII Germany.

Could it be that I remember WWII Germany.

History does repeat it's self.

Posted by: mary quite contrary ( )
Date: July 11, 2015 12:22PM

do I like cops? Hate them they are sub human.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: July 11, 2015 01:54PM

Including the exmo ones who post here?

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: May 02, 2015 04:01PM

I've heard cops say something along the lines of: "Listen, buddy, we can do this all day long, so just move your ass." It usually ends up better than this.....

Posted by: Linda Lovelight ( )
Date: May 02, 2015 06:13PM

For those of you not in the Morridor. These police here in Utah...quite the gift to humanity. I don't trust cops in Utah. Not for noth'n. A cops job in Utah is to make quota. If they make quota they make money.

I hope all you cops that post here pay attention.

And for everybody else. If you have to interact with a cop in Utah you better hope and pray that cop ain't a Mormon. Because if they are, and you as a citizen are dealing with someone so stupid they couldn't get a job as a janitor, remember cops here shoot first and worry about facts when they think about it.

Their Bishop got them a job as a cop. Mormons cops can't be called stupid because that would be a compliment.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: May 02, 2015 09:18PM

I agree. I used to have respect for cops until I moved to Utah. They all lie. In fact, I know a DA an a few defense attorneys. They call Utah cops, on the stand, "Testilying". WJ cops released a statement on Friday saying that guy pled guilty for assault. Two Utah news stations questioned that statement & they "walked it back" (translation- they got caught lying)

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: May 02, 2015 08:57PM

Well don't get me started on Mesa cops but the only thing more corrupt than the Mesa PD are the Mormon pols who pull the strings.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: July 11, 2015 12:43PM

To some mormons, being a cop is like being a priesthood holder -- you have superior divine authority, only when you're a cop, you get to enforce your superior divine authority with a gun (or attack dogs).

I really feel for the "normal" people who become police officers -- those who do so with the desire to SERVE and PROTECT their communities. Because they have to deal constantly with a large number of cops who became cops so they can boss people around, and force them to "comply." It's a priesthood holder's wet dream.

Posted by: Delila ( )
Date: July 11, 2015 02:23PM

That's one of the great benefits of having gone through my examination of an institution (LD$ Inc.) I was totally immersed in and believed with all my heart. It gave me the idea and the motivation to not only examine my religion but to apply examination techniques to other areas, like...politics and politicians, the economy and individual businesses and the monetary system, to educational systems and law enforcement---and I don't like what I've found and AM finding---corruption at EVERY LEVEL in our society.

I'm now of the opinion that if all the corruption were suddenly removed from American life, this society would collapse. It's as if Society is DEPENDENT on the corruption.

That said, I also believe that one see's what they WANT to see...so I try to temper what I'm seeing with that in mind--but, so far the evidence of the corruption is far too massive to overcome by a mere platitude...at least for me at this point in my life. I'm open to change. I hope the situation can change...

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: July 11, 2015 02:40PM

I am so happy I am not in UTAH anymore. So happy!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.