Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Benvolio ( )
Date: April 30, 2015 01:50PM

My TBM DW recently went to a presentation by Julie Rowe, and subsequently ordered her books. She has given copies to me and our adult children. And wants an opinion.
Her writings appear to be those of a modern Mormon prophet. She includes an interpretation of history from a kind of LDS perspective, including a special divine commendation for Joan of Arc.
Her prophecies are quite detailed and include descriptions of what the First Presidency is going to do in the Last Days.
Does anybody have any suggestions on how I can politely explain to my wife that Julie Rowe is either deluded or a fraud?
Any other insight?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2015 07:26PM by Benvolio.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: April 30, 2015 03:40PM

I think she is more deluded than anything. She probably had some sort of super-dream while in a coma that dovetailed perfectly with her existing beliefs. While she sounds sort of presumptuous, she doesn't sound like an outright con artist. My mom is really interested in reading her books too - she just finished books by some other modern Mormon psychic and is ready to move on to Julie. But she hasn't read the books yet so I can't give you any more insight than that. I do know that if your wife is anything like my mom, there isn't much use in trying to change her mind - just hope she moves on before you have a basement full of dehydrated potatoes, wheat and ammunition.

Here is a link to a video where Julie talks about her experience (vaguely.) http://julieroweprepare.com/an-overview-of-my-experience/

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: August 01, 2015 06:17PM

in which God told them they were full of shit?

Kathleen

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 12:02PM

Unbelievable NDE ------ the part of seeing a beautiful loving place and meeting relatives is the only valid thing she said. Probably she has read about others NDEs so wanted at least some valid points. This is the first lds NDE that has gone into soo much LDS doctrinal trite ------ truly a pioneer in scamming LDS sheep!

Then she starts the LDS Doctrine trite ------ definitely she understands the church is a scam and that it is easier to "go with the flow" and rip off her share from the believing "flock'.

I give her credit for her ability to break into the LDS scam on separating innocent people from their money. The church will probably go along with her scam unless she crosses any red lines of women and authority.

Based on a second thought maybe lds inc. will come down on her fast. If this idea that NDEs are valid comes across more lds will start reading about them and notice most do not line up with lds doctrine at all. The vast majority 99.999% of 'dead' relatives in NDEs do not tell their NDE person that lds/Jesus Christ/etc. is the only truth or the truth at all ----- some faithful may ask themselves why not if LDS doctrine (babtism, priesthood, temple, blah, blah, blah is so important to our eternal salvation!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2015 12:27PM by spiritist.

Posted by: brandywine ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 08:48PM

It was unbelievable because most people just experience love and I've never heard anyone say they were taught church doctrine.

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: August 03, 2015 03:55PM

Exactly!!!!! Because Mormon and Christian doctrine is mainly FALSE!

Posted by: crenshaw13 ( )
Date: September 19, 2015 11:19AM

I just found out about this Julie Rowe. My sister and her husband have been on board with her 100%. They have spent from what I have been told around 41k on a Amish washing machine and a pioneer hand cart. ( that's just a small example of what they have purchased. They have scared there kids and grand children with what I call the Doom and Gloom syndrome. I feel bad for them. I just hope after the blood moon on the 27th comes and goes and life goes on.. Maybe they will realize how foolish this was..... It makes me sad how people can be so gullible. This Julie Rowe in my opinion is a fraud!!! using the LDS faith to make a buck! I was raised Mormon and I do not believe in any organized religion . Does that make me less worthy of anyone else? I don't think so!!!!! God loves us all!!!

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: April 30, 2015 04:30PM

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-duck Saints.

Soooooo many quacks!

Date: August 01, 2015 07:02PM

I'm stealing this ^^^

Date: August 01, 2015 07:21PM

I had something similar to a NDE when I hemorrhaged during a miscarriage. I felt the love beyond description Julie talks about but from my experience I knew there weren't three kingdoms and that there was only one God. After my experience I never bore testimony of JS again. So, who's right? My mom also told me that people who have NDE's always see their god(s).

Posted by: cwpenrose ( )
Date: September 19, 2015 11:28AM

I'm sorry, this is an insult to ducks! Just kidding.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: April 30, 2015 04:41PM

Out and out delusional.

Here are some notes someone took at one of her "conferences:"

http://woodyoubelieveit.blogspot.com/2015/01/notes-on-julie-rowes-conference.html

Of course, that she makes a great deal of money from her books and speaking engagements does give a nod towards "fraud" as well as delusional...

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: April 30, 2015 05:24PM

She found a schtick and wants to run with it.

Reminds me of some woman in Finland or Sweden who purports to be the reincarnation of Anne Frank. She isn't Jewish, looks nothing like Anne. Was raised a Christian, yada yada.

She's found a sickening niche to try and capitalize on Anne's murder, by calling herself Anne, reincarnated.

It's disgusting, pathetic, and sickening. She found me online, and tried to con me into believing her. She's written a book about it, and it's all hyberbole.

I blocked her on Facebook. To me she represents the worst of humanity.

This woman calling herself a modern Mormon prophetess, is another crook trying to run a scam IMO.

Even if she's intuitive or gifted in some capacity, calling herself a Mormon prophetess shows she seriously deluded and flawed.

Any woman who nurtures her empathic and compassion for others is gifted in some respect with intuition for her and her family and loved ones. That doesn't transpose to being a prophetess for a specific cult religion like Mormonism.

So I'm just calling her bluff.

That's my two cents, and that may be all it's worth. :P

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 30, 2015 06:52PM

Sounds like she may be a candidate for excommunication if she becomes too popular. The brethren hate competition. The Boner.

Posted by: iplayedjoe ( )
Date: April 30, 2015 07:50PM

At least she has an act...They don't even fake it anymore.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: April 30, 2015 08:31PM

byuboner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sounds like she may be a candidate for
> excommunication

Same for her followers.

If talking about Heavenly Mother will get you exed, so should venerating a prophetess.

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: April 30, 2015 07:10PM

"There can be only one!" - The Highlander

Posted by: leftfield ( )
Date: April 30, 2015 11:08PM

For having such an incredible story to tell, I found her incredibly boring.

Posted by: astonished observer ( )
Date: August 01, 2015 06:14PM

Agree with posters who observe that she is boring.

She is embarrassingly inarticulate, thoroughly uncompelling. With that said she has more balls than the Big 15 and I suspect this is why she's able to tap into many of the fears latent in Mormonism and capitalize on them (with the book sales and possible speaking fees).

She is both delusional and a fraud. Shades of Proof of Heaven's Dr. Eben Alexander. He's a total fraud and has transitioned into all sorts of bizarre superstitious healing methodologies. It seems Ms. Rowe's journey has been similar (now she's some kind of Emotion Code Practitioner--itself not far removed from tenets of Scientology). A web of weird.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: August 01, 2015 06:53PM

Bat. Sh!t. Crazy.

Period.

;o)

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: August 01, 2015 07:10PM

This is the woman who constantly issues disclaimers that she is not speaking with official authority for any one but herself, and especially not for the leadership breathUrine of THE church, and then goes on to reel out lengthy spiels about what God / Jesus has revealed to her about the future in NDE style visions. Mills Crenshaw had her on his Salt Lake based radio show several times.

She is running in the wake of early MORmON leaders, delivering what many MORmON members have been primed to desire by their MORmON religion and what the current MORmON breathUrine do not want to delve into = MORmON style apocalyptic hysteria.

Date: August 01, 2015 08:46PM

The reason there is an audience for people like this lady is that the LDS church hasn't had anyone even pretending to speak in a "Thus saith the Lord" manner in eons.

Those who seek it, have to look elsewhere.

Unless, that is, you're impressed with divine proclamations like "Clean your yard." and "Families are important."

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 01, 2015 10:51PM

Has she commented on the fact that the late, 'grate', Boyd K. Packer said during a recent conference that we were at least two, and possibly three generations away from the second coming, and to please start signing the 99 years City Creek leases?

He said it during conference, for ghawd's sake !!!!

Posted by: totally out there ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 12:30PM

Yeah she comes into town to peddle her books, she doesn't do q&A (kind of reminded me of Bednar and Kim Clark) but what had me laughing the hardest is this... She came to our town (I guess we are on her tour site). her team met with Law enforcement in hopes of having someone there to keep the riff raff out. She likes to have seven harry potter priesthood level holders in the audience to keep the spiritual riff raff at bay. It makes one wonder what priesthood metric is used for qualifications as one of her 7. You can't make this stuff up... too funny! PT Barnum stated there is a sucker born every minute. PT Barnum is my prophet. My friend said that they did not have any cops in attendence. I cannot comment on her spiel.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 02:21PM

I'm glad I've never heard of her until this board, as she sounds crazy. I do think that if she becomes too popular or starts talking about the goddess otherwise known as HM, she will be excommunicated.

Posted by: Mitch McDeere ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 11:54PM

She seems like somebody with out any training, education or job experience who needed a steady income stream.

Her "dreams" are much more of a niche market than the standard things peddled in Utah, like Amway, essential oils, etc.

It's a great gig for someone with an active imagination. She really can't be "wrong" when the entire enterprise is a farce
can she?

Posted by: Mitch McDeere ( )
Date: August 02, 2015 11:57PM

If she starts making serious cash, the 15 will crack down on her for unauthorized competition! She's setting herself up for the "court of love."

Posted by: laughing in provo ( )
Date: August 03, 2015 02:04PM

stupid mormons buying into more crap. mills crenshaw is just using her to sell silver. its all about money.

Posted by: Just Browsing ( )
Date: August 03, 2015 03:40PM

**BETTY EADDIE Reincarnated --Almost word for word --REMEMBER HER !!!

JB

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: September 19, 2015 11:39AM

My former MIL was like Julie Rowe, except not very charismatic. She was quite mentally ill. She'd have visions and doomsday prophesies. She also had a friend who was as crazy as she was. They were in direct competition with each other. They both believed they were the favorite wives of Jesus. When my MIL got too many ward members believing her prophesies and submitting to her authority, the bishop and stake president ex'ed her.

Posted by: Benvolio ( )
Date: September 19, 2015 02:41PM

DW spent several thousand dollars on gear needed for her to leave the family and live in a tent city "off the grid."
She gave the hard sell to our (adult) children, who thankfully ignored it as well as they could.
DW has a sister in Utah Valley who reported to her about a talk by Elder Bednar(?) ... Beware of false prophets, etc.
I think DW has concluded that TSCC is distancing itself from Julie Rowe. It has been a tense few months. We are now starting to relax a little. She seems to have returned to just being a normal flakey, obsessed Mormon. We'll see.

Date: September 19, 2015 04:35PM

More accurately: "Beware of falser prophets."

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: September 19, 2015 02:55PM

If UCLA loses to BYU today, then it *will* be the End Times.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: September 19, 2015 06:02PM

Latest I've heard sez Rowe's making quite a row on temple row.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.