Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: moose ( )
Date: April 14, 2015 03:58PM

After having my own DNA test results come back, I have found many more connections. I have the following: my common ancestor is John Fuller (between the two lines), upper line goes to me, lower line goes to ol' HJ.

...................Edward Fuller>David Fuller>David Fuller>Mary Maria Fuller>David Cook>Joseph Ridley Cook>Great Grandmother Moose>Grandfather Moose>Moose Dad>Moose
John Fuller
...................Shubael Fuller>Lydia Fuller>Lydia Gates>Lucy Mack>Joseph Smith

(I've purposely obfuscated some names for anonymity. You probably noticed that!)

Kind of fascinating! I have another line to a Shumway, Shummy! There's another to ETB, Steve Benson.

All I can say is, it's a mixed up mess I'm in!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: April 14, 2015 04:16PM

Well moose, apparently we're all in the same boat here, gene wise.

Alas it's more like a sealed barge than a boat considering how tough it is to jump ship.

Tight like unto a dish ain't we?

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 14, 2015 06:12PM

We are tight both Exmo pioneers and Mormon pioneer worshipers.

Date: April 14, 2015 06:17PM

Asphixiatingly tight. Like I mentioned once before, most of us multigenerational Mormons are all related and, not just that, we're related to most of the current Q15.

Maybe one of us would get a call to the top?

Wouldn't be me...

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 14, 2015 06:39PM

I think you guys need to mix it up with those of us from mongrel backgrounds! The Boner.

Date: April 14, 2015 06:55PM

Well I'm ok with kinship to a few assorted bluebloods .....with the exception of any possible tinge of Parley P and the Rawmoney branch.

Date: April 14, 2015 07:02PM

I think I missed on Rawmoney but got a hit on PPP.

Damn!

Date: April 14, 2015 07:08PM

Ewwww..... Pratt was a founding member of the golddigger conspiracy.

Hector on the other hand was a true hero of the old west. :o)

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: April 14, 2015 07:58PM

How are you pairing specific named lines with your DNA results?

Date: April 15, 2015 01:04PM

Ancestry dot com is doing the work for me. Other subscribers who have submitted tests are compared to mine and I have a long list of matches of varying percentages. The higher the percentage, the closer the relative. I downloaded the raw data from Ancestry and uploaded it to my surname DNA project on FamilyTree as well.

I have also used a tool created by BYZoo that traverses the branches. This is the one that traveled up my tree and down ol' Joe's. It's tied to FamilySearch. This tool told me I am related to all the current Q15...not surprising given the "depth" of my family lines in church history. I'm tied to many early church "notables" (no brag, just fact - why the hell would I brag church-wise here???)

That tool is found here: https://www.relativefinder.org/

You will need a login to FamilySearch.

My interest in genealogy does not follow the church's needs. It satisfies my own instaiable curiosity regarding why I am who I am. Taking and submitting a DNA test opens many doors to a lot of information!

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: April 15, 2015 05:09PM

I checked the Family Tree projects page, but the closest surname I could find to Moose was Moore. ;p

I've been inspired to finally pull the trigger on this. Off I go.

Date: April 15, 2015 11:44PM

As a young moose calf, I had a big crush on Mary Tyler Moose.

Posted by: ladyhawk ( )
Date: April 14, 2015 11:30PM

Interesting. I have to go check my genealogy again. I am related to these Fullers, but not to HJ.

Date: April 15, 2015 01:08PM

If you are related to these specific Fullers, you're related to Joe. Most of us travel backwards from ancestor to ancestor, parent to parent to parent. We don't travel up and then down again, which is why you might not find ol' Joe. If you look at the "tree" I posted in my OP, you'll see I did just that. Up to the common ancestor and back down to Joe.

Date: April 15, 2015 01:18PM

If you have a login account on FamilySearch and have begun a family tree there, this tool will take what you have and go even further: https://www.relativefinder.org/

This does what I described. It already has the family lines of famous church members/authorities AND other famous Americans AND European royalty AND (you get the picture)...and it will find common ancestors between you and them, if they exist.

For me, I found I'm related to Joseph Smith, Brigham Young, John Taylor, Wilford Woodruff, Ann Eliza Webb (the 19th wife)...

Steve Young (well, duh...Brigham)

Amelia Earhart, George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Andrew Johnson, Aron Presley (yeah, Elvis), Richard Milhous Nixon (doh!)...

The list goes on and is rather long.

Posted by: Book of Mordor ( )
Date: April 16, 2015 12:01AM

Hm. Only one of yours in my tree is Ann Eliza Webb (1st cousin, 3 times removed).

Date: April 16, 2015 12:40AM

I have only listed just a very few. My list from the Relative Finder site gave me a list nearing 1650 individuals!

Way too many to list here.

So, there is a chance we may still be related.

Unless you'd rather not.

;^)

Date: April 15, 2015 01:11PM

Have you any connection to the Fullers of Mesa?

Date: April 15, 2015 01:19PM

I don't know...do they trace back to the Fuller I listed?

Date: April 15, 2015 01:23PM

I have no idea but I suspect the one I am acquainted with does.

Comes from staunch TBM background but he pretty obviously doesn't doubt his doubts.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.