Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 03:12PM

NASCAR:

"NASCAR is disappointed by the recent legislation passed in Indiana. We will not embrace nor participate in exclusion or intolerance. We are committed to diversity and inclusion within our sport and therefore will continue to welcome all competitors and fans at our events in the state of Indiana and anywhere else we race."

_____

WALMART:

"Every day, in our stores, we see firsthand the benefits diversity and inclusion have on our associates, customers and communities we serve. It all starts with our core basic belief of respect for the individual. Today's passage of HB1228 threatens to undermine the spirit of inclusion present throughout the state of Arkansas and does not reflect the values we proudly uphold. For these reasons, we are asking Governor Hutchinson to veto this legislation."

______

SING IT, WILLIE!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmQuIpM4h6A

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2015 03:14PM by steve benson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: postpostmormon ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 03:31PM

Add Marriott to the list speaking out against Indiana's RFRA law:

Marriott President and CEO Arne Sorenson has joined the call for Indiana to fix its discriminatory anti-LGBT religious refusal bill.

In a video released this morning on MSNBC, Sorenson stated:

“The legislation in Indiana -- and there are some bills being considered in other states -- is not just pure idiocy from a business perspective -- and it is that -- the notion that you can tell businesses somehow that they are free to discriminate against people based on who they are is madness.”

The last phrase stands out to me:
"...the notion that you can tell businesses somehow that they are free to discriminate against people based on who they are is madness."

Doesn't sound like "church" approved language to me. TSCC has never acknowledged that being gay is a part of who you are, it's only behavior that one can choose not to act upon.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 03:42PM

Well to any Zonie who was around in the 80s to witness our little political dustup involving messrs Mecham, Babbit and MLK, it's purely a no-brainer to foresee where this will inevitably end.

Don't these cretins ever read?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2015 03:46PM by Shummy.

Posted by: 64monkey ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 03:53PM

Since Monson is a Prophet of God what you think the chances are of Jesus visiting Monson and telling him to release to the world a proclamation that discrimination to anyone based on who they are is wrong and against the teachings of Christ?

I bet I have a long wait!

Kind of like that wait my great great grandparents and great grandparents and grandparents and parents where told this is the generation that will see the return of Christ. Oh, and my generation too.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 04:57PM

The church just misses one opportunity after another to redeem itself.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 05:20PM

They don't apologize or miss opportunities to look like bullies.

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 05:09PM

Looks like Arkansas' governor is having second thoughts now! He doesn't want a shitstorm like Indiana's getting. I give him credit for at least half a brain, unlike Indiana's gov. Pence.

Date: April 01, 2015 05:41PM

When the god that is WalMart speaks in Arkansas, the governor listens. He was all good with discriminating yesterday, until that happened.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 05:16PM

So tell me, when has religious freedom in the USA ever been in such peril that ham-fisted state legislative remedies are required?

Anyone?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 05:48PM

Some bakers are deeply concerned that they will have to make a wedding cake with best wishes to Tom and Harry with two figurine men holding hands on the top. It bothers them that some of their potential customers are different from them. One wonders how they make it through the average workday. Ditto for selected wedding photographers, wedding officiants, caterers, etc.

Date: April 01, 2015 06:21PM

Like these businesses have a temple recommend-type interview with all of their customers before they decide that they are worthy for them to take their money. Give me a break!

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 08:15PM

I think those providing wedding-related services should interview the couples and have them submit to genetic and psychological testing. "I'm sorry, John and Mary, we won't be providing your cake, because we think you're likely to cheat on each other within five years and that your genes will result in ugly children."

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: April 02, 2015 10:23PM

It hasn't. They are just looking for attention. Too bad it's not going their way...

Posted by: NASCAR ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 11:08PM

Can someone put the logos and this comment on facebook. Go viral.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: April 02, 2015 12:37PM

My religious beliefs prohibit me from accepting or doing business with anyone who has religious beliefs that prohibit them from doing business with people.

What a conundrum I'm in :)

Posted by: sophia ( )
Date: April 02, 2015 08:57PM

I've been thinking that what has happened in Indiana is Dallin Oaks's worst nightmare.

Posted by: anonfornow ( )
Date: April 02, 2015 10:18PM

Now, if only the NRA would jump on board, we would have a Holy Trinity.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.