Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: misterzelph ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 02:11PM

This young lady may be in a little trouble when she returns to BYU after her little vacation in Athens, GA. She was involved in an incident in a bar near the UGA campus.
http://onlineathens.com/blotter/2015-03-31/student-given-chance-return-stolen-purse

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: eunice ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 02:15PM

She (BYU student) could have been the designated driver for her group ;)

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 02:16PM

She doesn't have to admit she had anything to drink. Back when I was on-the-record TBM (to remain at bYU), I played in a bar to supplement my income. Lots of my for-real tBM friends would come to hear me and would drink 7-up.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 02:22PM

You don't have to drink at a bar, and most bars have food and soft drinks.

Date: April 01, 2015 02:27PM

Anyone else here ever been to a bar in Athens, GA? It has more bars per capita than any other college town. There is not a whole lot of eating food and drinking of soft drinks. But y'all are correct. There is no proof of her actually drinking.

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 02:32PM

Being at the wrong place, at the wrong time can lead to all sorts of problems:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/19/david-archuleta-im-not-ga_n_543302.html

Date: April 01, 2015 02:36PM

Growing up in a TBM household I got reamed time after time about "avoiding the very appearance of evil."

Posted by: leftfield ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 09:42PM

So, this BYU student is apparently willing to have friends outside of the church and we're going to give her a hard time for that?

Considering how often we criticize Mormons for keeping to themselves, I'd hope we give this kid some slack, whether she was drinking or not.

She obviously wasn't drunk or she wouldn't have made a point of indicating that the suspect was. She could have had a drink, who knows.

Outside of the morridor, Mormons, particularly younger ones, seem to be a little bit better able to integrate into society than their western majority-status counterparts.

I say good for her for not being a pompous, holier-than-thou a** and for trying to give the suspect the benefit of the doubt.

I'll save my venom for the boys club sitting in the conference soft seats this weekend...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.