Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: zarahemlatowndrunk ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 11:21AM

Dear Brethren and Sistren,

I know some of you might not approve, but I'm not here for approval, but to invite you to join me as the prodigal son at the banquet of the Lord. Sure, catching up on years of tithing won't be easy, and I might lose a few of my friends. I might not have time to do all the worldly things I enjoyed, but the truth is that serving in the Kingdom is all the satisfaction I, or any true son or daughter of God, truly needs. Besides, postum isn't all that bad. Now you might be wondering why the sudden broken heart and contrite spirit. Well, Brethren and Sistren, I've spent much time in humble prayerful supplication. I knocked and He opened the door. I asked and received in abundance. I inquired of the Lord if going back was his will, and I got this burning in the bosom. I was pretty sure it wasn't just the chimichurros I had for dinner, but I plead on my knees for a great while for just one more confirmations. Now, I know some of you will say I'm crazy, but in the early hours of the morning in the still, cool spring air before dawn, an Angel appeared unto me in glorious vision. His vesture was white as snow and his countenance bigther than the sun, and with a thuderous voice roaring as the sound of many waters he spake unto me thus: Happy April Fools' Day!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 11:26AM

Maybe you can pray for our souls while I sleep in and save money for retirement.

Posted by: zarahemlatowndrunk ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 11:30AM

You may think you're making long term plans with your retirement, Bother axeldc, but eternity is a long time ;)

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 02:28PM

If I had to live with the likes of BKKKP and ETB, then count me out of Mormon "Heaven". The CK is for people who like MoTab and Priesthood session, serving in the temple and watching the Disney Channel.

Posted by: scooter ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 11:30AM

got it! that speech was meant for today.

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 11:39AM

Wait for me.

I'll be there.

You'll recognize me right away. I'll be wearing a stylish denim jumper, which is what Godly wimmins wear. I'm a little hunched over from bowing my head so much and submitting to my holy husband. My many children will all be following me.

Posted by: Anywho ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 11:49AM

Let us know what you're drinkin', will you brother? So I can buy drinks to go round. ((hiccup))

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 11:59AM

Today I will not be an atheist. I will instead be a go-away-theist.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 12:10PM

To quote a phrase from my misspent youth "PISS ON THAT NOISE".

Ron Burr

Posted by: misterzelph ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 02:31PM

Was the bright and shiny angel naked under his robe?

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 02:40PM

How many years of back-tithing? Something to ponder (and compute) as I do my taxes.

Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 03:17PM

Has hell frozen over, with pigs flying by?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.