Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: beyondashadow ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 12:42AM

Sorry for my delay in Returning and Reporting. My first priority was to report to family and close friends, which is done. I will report here on RfM in a few serial installment posts. (Hopefully if admin needs to delete something, they can delete the offending post and not delete this entire thread.)

There is bad news and good news. First . . . the bad news.

The bottom line is this: Despite Howard Batie's best efforts and techniques, and despite my strong desire and positive attitude about being hypnotized, and my best cooperation with Howard's methods and verbal instructions, I was unable to achieve even a minimal hypnotic state of awareness on Thursday morning for my Past Life Regression, or during a second attempt on Friday morning for a Life Between Lives regression.

Apparently I am in the ~10% of clients who cannot be readily hypnotized. Howard said that most hypnosis resistant clients are successfully hypnotized on the second attempt, but not beyondashadow. Although both Howard and I approached our second attempt Friday with hopefulness and positive vibes, we experienced two serial failures to induce hypnosis within beyondashadow's psyche.

Howard shared his personal experience that those most resistant to hypnotic induction seem to be: engineers, teachers and accountants, aka people accustomed to being in control of precise details, etc., and ostensibly most unconsciously unwilling to 'let go' and 'lose control' during hypnosis. (Howard's pre-instructions (online video) make an effort to assure clients that they never do 'lose control' during the process.) Nonetheless, Howard was hopeful that I would relax deeply enough for our second effort to be successful, but unfortunately such was not the case.

So . . . my Michael Newton hypnosis sessions were a total bust. I didn't even come close to a Past Life or Life Between Lives experience. Not even close. I got myself as relaxed as I could possibly get with Howard's guidance, and hit a blank wall that would not budge. Twice. Needless to say, I was very disappointed, as was Howard.

He gave me a meridian/acupressure tapping protocol (EFT) intended to unblock some chakra energy pathways. I did that on myself Saturday morning here at home and went back to sleep and had a dream about successfully visualizing time/space movement through fuzzy clouds ... which did not happen at all in session with Howard. Maybe that's progress. Maybe not.

I have signed up with Howard to do a 'Remote Trans-Scalar Healing' (see his website for details) with me on Wednesday to see if that will make any difference. He claims impressive results with other clients doing his remote process, so we will see. I'm choosing to keep an open mind for this 'woo-woo' stuff I would otherwise dismiss as BS. I've never seen anything like it ever work before. My former partner tried everything under the sun - all kinds of 'energy work' and 'remote healings' - with no perceptible effect whatsoever.)

After spending over 10 hours with Howard last Thursday and Friday, and learning more about his technical background with Navy satellite communications before he became a hypnotherapist, I am choosing to 'suspend disbelief' with him to see if any of his other methods might help unblock me for successful hypnosis. I did not see any Rocks in Hats in his office. He comes across as an honest, decent dude. I don't believe he is consciously faking or deceiving. He claims to be only interested in methods that actually work.

Even though the LBL did not happen, I made a startling NEW discovery during my stay in Chehalis. I will report on that new information soon.

... to be continued

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: torturednevermo ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 01:26AM

Sorry to hear that it didn’t pan out as you had hoped. Maybe another time.

Regarding the EFT. That is a good tool that you just got turned onto. I used the basic EFT protocol when I was having anxiety attacks back during a time when the grief from my father’s recent death was compounding together with stress from my neighbors really leaning on me hard. My usual meditation practice just wasn’t cutting it, and I was really starting to wig out. One day my wife had me try the EFT protocol, and it altered my consciousness immediately. It was like a rush of endorphins washed through my body and the panic attack I was experiencing just faded away in minutes. Nothing else was working for me, and the EFT did. (It’s funny how it’s even referred to as ‘the thing to try when nothing else will work’)

I haven’t really bothered to use EFT for other things, as I found it to be less effective than using my regular Kundalini yoga meditations. However, since discovering EFT, I have returned to it and used it on occasion to relieve acute stress or anxiety. I’ve found it to be a valuable tool in that regard (for acute anxiety); the only trouble is remembering to do it when my mind is caught up in the flurry of the stressful situation. (It’s usually been my wife who has said, ‘try tapping out those meridian points’ … and I’m like, ‘Oh ya, thanks for reminding me about that.’)

Maybe at least the EFT can be something useful to take away with you from your adventure.

So, keep that basic EFT protocol around in case it comes in handy again some day in the future. And again, I’m sorry your other hopes didn’t materialize, at least not at this point. Thanks for reporting back, and I’ll look forward to your additional reports.

Date: April 01, 2015 07:25PM

Thanks, torturednevermo, for details of your experiences with EFT effectiveness.

I will forward your comments to Howard. I'm sure he will be pleased to hear feedback about EFT success.

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 10:18AM

Thank you very much for letting us know. I'm sorry it go better. Perhaps with time and work.

Posted by: The Invisible Green Potato ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 11:01AM

Bad luck beyondashadow. Maybe you will have better luck in your next life.

Date: April 01, 2015 07:23PM

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 11:30AM

As soon as you didn't report on time I was concerned about whether you could be hypnotized ---- as I posted on the other thread.

I am sorry it was a bust.

I have never been hypnotized before and I am in one of your identified classes of people who are normally resistant.

Thanks for the information and the promised future information!

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 07:39PM

When Dick Sutphen was conducting hypnotic sessions with assembly rooms of people (the multi-day seminar I attended in the early 1990s had about 200-250 people attending), there was always a percentage of people who could not be hypnotized (my guess: about 10%-20%, but this is just a guess on my part).

Some went very deep into hypnotic states very quickly...and most people started thinking (to themselves) "this is NEVER going to work!!!," closely followed by them actually entering into some level of hypnosis. [I know what they were thinking because we were all taking about our experiences in the restrooms and corridors directly afterwards.]

My sense (from my own regression, and from me observing the private regressions of four members of my family) is that one-on-one regressions probably have a higher rate of success, but there will still be a percentage of people who "cannot" be hypnotized for whatever reason.

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 08:01PM

I have experienced several unsuccsessful attempts to hyptnotize me, I am skeptical of the hypnotic state.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2015 08:02PM by ladell.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 11:17PM

In the eighties I practiced Silva Mind Control self hypnosis meditations and visualizations, and achieved success very quickly. I was able to enter slow and deep brain wave states, full body vibration states, sleep paralysis, dimensional shifts, and astral travel.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 11:24PM

the first thing the hypnotist will tell you is that stupid people cannot be hypnotized.

Date: April 02, 2015 12:14AM

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 11:25PM

I went to some hypnosis sessions when I went through a period where anxiety was getting the better of me.

I don't think I was actually ever hypnotized. I just felt very relaxed. But it definitely helped me get control of the anxiety. It went away and I was able to carry on with my life.

Sometimes it's just about giving you the tools to know how to deeply relax.

I don't know about past-life regression therapy though. I think that if I relayed anything while supposedly hypnotized, I would have been making things up.

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: April 02, 2015 12:28AM

I have used a few hypnotherapy sessions on the internet daily for over a month. I need to lose some weight and I still play various sports and want/need any edge I can get because I am playing against some (30%) competitors 20-40 years younger.

I don't think I get totally hypnotized but deeply relaxed ----- very similar to my meditation states. In fact I can't really distinguish between my meditations versus hypnotherapy as both seek relaxation first then some goal/scenario.

Tried a EFT session on line today but not ready to do more (I really enjoy being relaxed versus tapping myself) but may use it in the future as another tool in the tool box.

Both hypnotherapy and meditation seems to work for me!

Date: April 02, 2015 12:17AM

"unblock some chakra energy pathways"

WOO WOO !!!

Date: April 02, 2015 12:24AM

Date: April 02, 2015 12:24AM

they don't make a giant sucking sound ?

Posted by: torturednevermo ( )
Date: April 02, 2015 12:45AM

Dude, if your chakras are making a giant sucking sound, then you may be in a bad way.

They should make the seven notes of the musical scale:

(from root) C D E F G A B (to crown)

You might want to consult a witchdoctor about your sucking thing.

(Disclaimer: The previous post was for entertainment purposes only, and is not intended as a medical diagnosis.)

Date: April 02, 2015 12:48AM

a perfectly good Ross Perot reference wasted !

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.