Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 31, 2015 04:07PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: michaelc1945 ( )
Date: March 31, 2015 04:32PM

Why would you?

Date: March 31, 2015 06:11PM

My family will be. I try to avoid it but sometimes I catch more than I can stomach when I'm interacting with them.

Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: March 31, 2015 04:45PM

It should be: Pulpito'losers

I made the mistake of watching part of a talk in 2006 and I still have flashbacks. =[

What are the drinking game words this year?

Posted by: rodolfo ( )
Date: March 31, 2015 05:20PM

Actually when it comes to mormonism its Good Grief Friday and Face Palm Sunday.

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: March 31, 2015 05:31PM

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: March 31, 2015 05:50PM

HELL, NO! I'll be playing with my nevermo grandkids.

RB

Date: April 01, 2015 09:17AM

Family, isn't it about time? LOL! Mormons falling asleep in front of the T.V. is what this weekend is about.

Posted by: angela davis ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 09:22AM

When I was TBM I couldn't stand to watch it. Now that I am out I watch it religiously. It makes for great comic relief.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 09:35AM

I remember watching some of conference, all I could stand really, the same month I received confirmation back from “the church” after I resigned.

As you all know critical thinking skills take a huge leap once you open up the mind and ask yourself “Yes, if the church was not true I would want to know about that”.

What I used to think was inspiring common sense religious truths I now saw as a demand for money disguised as a moral and righteous obligation from God, insidious calls to self-censor anything that did not put the church in a good light, outright lies about how the church came to be and constant us vs. them preaching that “the world” and Satan was out to get you and your children and the only safe place was obedience to LDS leaders every word.

It put me in a rage.

I could watch conference, but it would be unhealthy for me, the walls around me, various items nearby in the room and definitely, most definitely for the TV.

Posted by: What me worry? ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 09:49AM

No. Not good for my ptsd.

Posted by: escapee ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 01:29PM

Playing cards with my dad and siblings on Sunday. Ham sandwiches and goodies. As a friend of mine says, it's going to be epic!

Other Susan

Posted by: bhd6 ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 02:44PM

Living with my TBM mom, I'm hoping to avoid it. She normally works on Saturdays, and maybe I can convince her to do some sort of Easter thing on Sunday instead. We've never been big on Easter anyway (and I don't consider myself Christian anymore) but I would do anything to avoid tuning in.

Growing up, everyone had to be in the living room and HAD to be watching. No napping, no eating, no bathroom breaks, no doodling or writing. Only conference. We had to do all the "sustaining" and sing along with the choir, even if it was embarrassing and nobody outside the living room would give a shit. Then again, the only Conference experience I have is with an abusive asshole threatening to beat us for any "disobedience to the prophet" during the whole thing. He's (thankfully) not around here anymore.

Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 03:13PM

There is beauty all around
When there's love at home
Love at home
Love at home...

Sounds like you were better off at church. At least we were allowed to color/draw when we were little kids/conference on TV.

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 03:16PM

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 03:26PM

I will be checking back here for reports and highlights. I suspect the brethren will try to keep this thing very generic and low key to stay out of trouble, But somehow they always seem to put their over-polished shoes right in their mouths.

On with the show!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.