Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: hopefulhusband ( )
Date: March 31, 2015 12:12PM

Any great ideas? I'm a father of several children...and for whatever reason, April Fool's is our favorite holiday.

As parents, we each help the kids with 1 big prank and then let them do their own smaller ones. It's a riot for the day! We actually ask the kiddos to limit the number of pranks they pull (last year our oldest had 20 something gags he did).

Last year included chocolate spread out in the bathroom to look like a massive mess, fake cat barf, mashed potatoes made to look like ice cream, jello with a straw in it to look like juice....and I filled the childrens rooms with hundreds of balloons. Everybody's shoes were filled with tissue. The background on my computer was changed so I couldn't click anything....I forget most of them because it was pretty much non-stop family fun.

We all had a blast pulling the pranks on each other. I have a couple good ones lined up again this year, but could use any great ideas. (note, my children are young yet!)

So...any funny April Fool's jokes or stories?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: March 31, 2015 01:38PM

Strobe lights or black lights in bathroom.

Disappearing ink spills.

Styrofoam squiggles w/big plastic bags taped to door jam. Fill space with Styrofoam. When they open bedroom door, foam will fall in on them...

Funny messages on cell phones...

Posted by: Chump ( )
Date: March 31, 2015 01:42PM

Tell them Joseph was an honest and virtuous man and that the church is true.

Date: March 31, 2015 02:17PM

With a straight face?!

You expect too much!

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: March 31, 2015 02:28PM

My Mom was a hopeless prankster. One of her best was baking fluffy biscuits for April Fool's breakfast with cotton balls inside.

Now you guys know where I get it from.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 31, 2015 03:07PM

Put a plastic spider in the silverware drawer.

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: March 31, 2015 04:27PM

Sew some garmmie openings closed.

With dental floss.

Works better with the one-piecers, but can still cause some consternation with the two piecers.

I know.

I am experienced.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: March 31, 2015 05:44PM

My mother used to get us first thing in the morning, before we had time to realize it was April Fool's Day. Following her example, I used to tell the kids that a house was on fire, or that the Budweiser Clydesdales just passed by our house, or the news reported a huge tidal wave would hit at 7:21 am. Tell them anything that will make them rush out of the house in their pajamas, and embarrass themselves. My son grabbed our garden hose, and ran around the corner, to help put out the fire, which was very funny to see. I spotted the Clydesdales several times, and after driving around looking for them, we went to a drive-through breakfast, which made it fun--except the first time, my husband fell for it, too, and he didn't think it was funny at all. He was in his sweat shorts and bare feet, telling me "Turn right--they might be on their way to the fairgrounds!" DH got mad at the tidal wave joke, because when we were driving closer to the beach to watch the wave come in, he said, "If a huge tidal wave is going to hit, shouldn't we be driving in the opposite direction?"

Every April Fool's, somebody would always sit on the whoopee cushion, but one year, nobody did, though they anticipated it all day. At dinnertime, I served pepperoni pizza, and the kids said it looked a little flat. It was the whoopee cushion, covered with cheese and pepperoni.

My brother used to eat Wheaties every morning. We cut up grocery bags into flakes, and put them into the box, thinking he would catch on right away, but it wasn't until he put the milk on them, and they got soggy, that he noticed. The downside to that joke was that it was the last of the milk.

The worst joke was that I decided to sleep in and skip seminary. My mother came bursting into my bedroom to wake me up and tell me that the boy I liked had come to take me to seminary in his brand new car. I had to make a mad scramble to get dressed and look presentable in about two minutes, and as I ran out the front door, Mother yelled "April Fool's!"

Date: April 01, 2015 09:18AM

hahahaha! those are funny....your family sure got one another!

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 12:29AM

Tell your adult TBM family members that you just heard on the radio that Thomas Monson was just arrested for getting caught having gay sex in a men's restroom. The reaction on people's face would be priceless, even if they only believe you for only a second.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 03:17AM

Have them attempt to run with a few hundred pounds of golden plates through the woods. Then tell them that JS didn't do it either.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 10:33AM

Posted by: jaded ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 10:02AM

Put wiggly eyes on everything in the refrigerator.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 10:33AM

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 01, 2015 10:44AM

My ex's birthday is today.

One of my neighbors (who everyone disliked as they acted holier than thou) put up a for sale sign in their yard one year on AFD. I was SO HAPPY. It actually took me quite a while to figure it out.

They eventually did move.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2015 10:44AM by cl2.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.