Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: hello ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 04:08AM

http://www.sltrib.com/opinion/2335798-155/op-ed-think-seminary-teachers-before-acceding

I'm glad to see this in print in SLC, and hope it gets picked up far and wide. LD$Inc. is publicly throwing back to their 19th century perverse BS. I don't think this stuff is going to fly in the 21st century. Not even in the Morridor. Shame, shame on LD$Inc.. They will pass the RCC with their reputation and public perception as the top pedophile and predator church on earth, at this rate.

I can't wait to see the new lesson manuals. And I wonder how long they will take to revise and edit them yet again when this blows up in their stupid faces.

Shocking and sickening.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2015 04:10AM by hello.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Strength in the Loins ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 05:50AM

Just shared this one on FB. I have refrained from saying very much that is critical of the cult on FB because at least half of my FB friends are TBM.

But someone needs to point this stuff out to them and try to pop their little bubbles.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 11:33AM

People used to be exed for teaching what is now in the polyg essay. Anybody who taught it was accused of being a liar and apostate.

Then the church realizes it's getting caught in its lies, so it comes *somewhat* clean on the lies.

Then those mormons who accused people of being liars and apostates have changed their defense -- to things like "those were the times, more women than men, it's okay because God commanded it."

You'd think mormons would get confused... "which response am I supposed to use now to defend my unchallenged religion of birth?"

Posted by: Texas Sue ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 12:44PM

So glad that my children will never be learning this! Thanks for sharing!

Posted by: schweizerkind ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 01:15PM

Methinks Sister Money is, at the very least, going to be wood-shedded for this gem. It really needs wider exposure. It all but explicitly calls J.S. a pedophile.

And-we-thank-thee-o-Gawd-for-a-profit-ly yrs,

S

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.