Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: carrietchr1 ( )
Date: March 29, 2015 12:30AM

Did anyone see the recent showing of Oprah's "Where are they now?" with Willie Jessup? The show followed up on his 'crisis of faith.' since the original airing of Oprah's visit to the ranch in 2009.

He was the head of the security detail and gave Oprah the tour. Today he realizes that Warren Jeffs is a pedophile and awful man.

I was wondering where he stood religiously now...he never said, but near the end they showed his home with a picture of Joseph Smith on the wall and he mentioned his "Heavenly father". How could he stay LDS knowing what he knows?

It only showed one wife...I wonder where the others are now? He mentioned that many of the wives and families have been given to other men, but I don't remember him saying that specifically about his family other than they tried to break it up.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lolly 18 ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 12:42AM

SLTrib has a blog that follows FLDS. I think Bro. Jessup still lives in Short Creek and is the kind of gatherer of the segment of the community that is no longer following Warren Jeffs. It is a sizeable community now. But the FLDS faithful are not allowed to interact at all with those who aren't.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.