Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: March 28, 2015 05:40PM

OMG - well at least we know that the Resurrection is of no importance when compared to talks about "building temples" and "dead dunking."

Can't people see how insane this is? Do some folks need a steamroller to run over them to see that this is NOT about Christ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: angela ( )
Date: March 28, 2015 05:42PM

It falling on Easter weekend happens all the time.
This is nothing new.

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: March 29, 2015 11:06PM

In 1980, my mom died of cancer at about 5AM on Sunday,April 6. She was 3 weeks from being 69 years old. She and my dad had been living in an apartment that was built for them the year before, in my brothers new house in Bluffdale, UT. She'd had various forms of cancer for about 3 years. My dad had already purchased some plots in the Bluffdale cemetery, and they are both there now.

The fact that it was GC didn't cross my mind until a few hours later when some of the siblings were all together at their home. Someone turned on the TV and I think it was that year that Gordo was on TV (not in the Tabernacle) dedicating that Utah pioneer site that's just off I-15 in central Utah (and I can't think of the name of it right now.)

We did have some Easter since I had a 5 year old and a 2 year old and my brother had a couple of kids that we had to have Easter Egg hunts for.

I don't remember much else about that day.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: March 28, 2015 05:43PM

I think it's a good thing. There are a ton of mormons who will finally get to enjoy Easter Sunday with their family instead of trudging off to the local building.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: March 28, 2015 11:00PM

I'll probably be visiting TBM family Easter Weekend. But on Sat night, instead of priesthood mtg I'll excuse myself for a couple hours and head to a sports bar to watch basketball. Sun morning I'll be off to a coffee house. So, yeah, for a few hours of the weekend they'll be busy, but at least they'll be home before, during, and after those meetings.

And they're wise enough to not bring up religion. (I'm sure they're condescendingly and smugly quiet, though.) Equilibrium, I suppose.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: March 28, 2015 06:43PM

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: March 28, 2015 07:02PM

You have it backwards. GC is always the weekend closest to April 6th, the date the church was founded. Meanwhile, Easter keeps moving all around March and April. Every few years it inconsiderately parks itself on or near April 6th.

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: March 28, 2015 07:50PM

How often does conference fall on April 1st?

Posted by: hausfrau ( )
Date: March 29, 2015 10:40PM

Every 6 years the first weekend in April falls on the 1st. The next one will be 2017 (1st will be on Sat) and 2018 (1st will be on Sunday.)

Posted by: cynthia ( )
Date: March 29, 2015 11:55PM

GC is always the first weekend in April and October.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: March 28, 2015 07:36PM

And I will be enjoying a visit from my son and his family (all Lutherans), drinking beer and paying zero attentions to the machinations of the CULT.

Ron Burr

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: March 28, 2015 11:05PM

Lethbridge Reprobate Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And I will be enjoying a visit from my son and his
> family (all Lutherans), drinking beer and paying
> zero attentions to the machinations of the CULT.
>
> Ron Burr

Enjoy the family, Ron!

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: March 29, 2015 12:22AM

I forgot about the CULT being founded on April 6. But, Easter should be more important anyway in a so called Christian church IMO.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: March 29, 2015 10:48PM

My cousin's birthday is the 6th. Any time Easter & GC fell on his birthday, I felt very sorry for him.

Posted by: southern Idaho inactive ( )
Date: March 29, 2015 11:05PM

I have my birthday on October 5. So every few years my TBM family forgets it for GC. Growing up in the morg this sucked!! I probability know how your cousin feels. It's like our birthday is just an afterthought.. We're not important but the morg is...

Posted by: sparty ( )
Date: March 29, 2015 12:26AM

You have it backwards: Easter is on Conference weekend.

Posted by: iplayedjoe ( )
Date: March 29, 2015 11:49PM

heheh

Posted by: cynthia ( )
Date: March 29, 2015 11:56PM

That is correct.

Posted by: celeste ( )
Date: March 29, 2015 12:26AM

Easter will be a passing mention. Church founding and growth (ha) will be the focus, plus shaming the morgbots for not delivering on all the expectations of TSCC. Cult much?

Posted by: jerry64 ( )
Date: March 29, 2015 09:37PM

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: March 29, 2015 10:36PM

And EASTER hunting - or baptizing dyed eggs - couldn't put him back together again. Hat tricks. Broken promises. Empty wishes.

Talks about nonsense

Always telling stories

Posted by: southern Idaho inactive ( )
Date: March 29, 2015 11:11PM

Yes it's on Easter. Odds are Jesus Christ and the resurrection will be afterthoughts. They'll probability be harping on family, family and the Proclamation on the family. If we use the morg's women's conference last night as a gauge..

Posted by: nonamekid ( )
Date: March 30, 2015 02:13AM

Why not?
The Cult doesn't really celebrate Easter anyway.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.