Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: blueskyutah ( )
Date: April 01, 2011 06:55PM

The other day I was talking to my "inactive" neighbor across the street. I told her about my history as a mormon and current status as ex-mormon... she said that she was still a mormon because it would upset her mother too much to resign and then gave me a dramatic story about how her sister had to go to a church court years ago to get her name removed.

Anyway, she told me that her hometeachers still come by every month, just like clock work, the same Thursday night, last week of the month... She was pretty glad when they told her they are not allowed to come in to her house since she is a single woman. So she just tries to be gone that Thursday and everything seems to work out fine.

Last night I was sitting on my porch drinking a beer when I noticed her stalker hometeachers drive by in a small pickup truck. One of them pointed at her car in the drive way so they pulled over and parked. A few minutes later they walked by my house but didn't bother to look at me on the way over to see her.

That's it. This is where the story ends. I just feel sorry for these stalker hometeachers. But if they ever get in my face, they are gonna be sorry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: blueskyutah ( )
Date: April 01, 2011 07:07PM

sukiyhtaky - yes I am intolerant of stalkers... have you ever actually been to the Mormon city?

These guys used to park outside my girlfriend's house on Sunday morning waiting for me to come out, later they sent a worldly looking guy over to invite me to play basketball... then they sent 2 saintly neighbors over with a plant, and finally a letter inviting my g/f to relief society.

I know where the f'n church is.. and my mommy doesn't care that I am ex-mormon.

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: April 01, 2011 08:19PM

Seriously. And in my current ward the PH is much more relentless than the sisters. I actually like my VT. She'll meet me at the park, we'll chit chat and munch on the cookies she brought while the kids play. We never talk about church. It's always nice.

On the other hand the HT will show up unannounced and pound on the door and ring the door bell over and over like the effing church Gestapo, and always at the WORST times - like while I'm cooking dinner or bathing my toddlers and trying to get them in bed.

And let's not forget the psycho exec sec who called me like 10 times right in a row one night (I posted about that on here).

Ugh.

Stalker assholes.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 12:23AM

Why does the ex sec call you? I am a nevermo and don't get that....do they try to set up appts???

Posted by: sukiyhtaky ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 09:27PM

I went to the Y as a non-member so you can't tell me anything I didn't learn first hand about zealotry. When it wasn't PC (in the '70's) I stood up to a SP about an issue with a gay student and was threatened with expulsion. I have more than paid my dues. But talk about intolerance? My posts are pulled on here, comically others have been doing searches for me and came up with the shocking discovery that I have a Twitter account, while others make veiled threats and others are so off the mark it is funny. Pssst guys I have a Facebook too!!! Don't use either one as I have no time for it and find them to be brainless time wasters. I can't say I have even ever logged into them. I spend my days working with the homeless and gang kids after retiring and suffering a spinal injury. I resigned from the LDS church but remain friendly with the bishop who helps with the local homeless. Sorry if you would have me bad mouth him and deny his help, but when I am handing food or clothing or some item of comfort to a man who is sleeping on the dirt in the rain, I don't really care where the help comes from, or the motivation, as long as it comes. I have never been turned down by him when I asked, would any of you care to donate to my guys? George gets beaten up regularly by kids who think it is funny. His shopping cart gets destroyed and he loses all he considers valuable. He keeps a cat he rescued one night. He just had his burner stolen that heats cans of food. Anyone want to donate? We just finished several weeks of rainy, cold weather and while i gave him a weatherproof coat, he wraps it around his cat to keep her warm. Anyone want to donate to a cat carrier so he can wear his coat? I am sitting right now in the parking lot of McDonalds waiting for a couple of guys to come by and get some stuff I have for them. One has two large bags of books I collected for him and the other some new socks and underwear--his having probably sprouted a new form of bacterial life on their own. The car next to me was just descended upon by 4 cops and two baby faced kids were dragged from the car and handcuffed. Two uzi type guns were pulled out of the car while I sat and watched. We average at least one murder a day here of other baby faced kids. Honestly, the whining I read here is comic relief compared to what others have to face. Sorry to disappoint many of you and to destroy your paradigm about people who might post here, not all of us act like drunken frat boys when we post and that is exactly what many on here come off as. If, like breast feeding, you don't like what you see/read, then throw a blanket over your head and don't look. Honestly, I would rather my daughter married a mormon than any of you---talk about intolerance, just look how you all have responded to my comments--it is ok for me to have an opinion as long as I agree with your self-centered diatribes.

DISCLAIMER: I also take help for my folks from Methodists, B'hai, Catholics, CoC, Presbyterians and atheists and agnostics. Now, any of you want to put your money where your mouths are? Don't worry about how much the Mormons or others give or don't give, how much are YOU willing to give?????

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 12:22AM

I like how you talked to your neighbor. Sad she must deal with it all because she doesn't want to upset momma. Wonder how many in Mormonland attend because of a parent and only because of them....it is really awful because then they get their kids into and they are trapped. Well, many are. I say STAND UP and be the real you. The madness must stop somehow and NOW is a good time for all who are only going for a parent.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 12:36AM

The whole concept of hometeaching is completely creepy. For one thing, don't church members get enough indoctrination anyway? For another, why would you want people constantly knocking on your door (often without warning) unless they were very dear friends? And who invites random people into their homes anymore?

I can see if an elderly or disabled person would like for church members to regularly check up on him or her, but for most anyone else, it seems like a huge intrusion.

Posted by: deb ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 12:40AM

It ALL is a huge intrusion, invasion, etc. it's all wild. my parents reside app. 25 minutes from myself and they call before coming over(not necessary, but they do)to have people knock on door & some of us do live alone. It is creepy (in more ways than one) Personally, I can't fathom why anyone would want to invade on someone's privacy. I wouldn't.

Posted by: libby ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 12:39AM

I know Mormons are persistent, but there are ways to make people stop coming to your door.

I know, because I have done it.

I have to wonder if she is being nicer to them than needs be.

Date: April 02, 2011 12:45AM

I've also been told that they feel as if they have lots of time, energy, knowledge, etc. invested in you, and therefore they won't go away easily.

Posted by: rainbowjello ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 12:51AM

they are just trying to save yo soul! LOLBC you will go without all those temple blessings. hee hee

Date: April 02, 2011 12:52AM

Last time i cancelled my commitment i was told that it was "satan" changing my mind.

Date: April 02, 2011 01:03AM

deb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Last time i cancelled my commitment i was told
> that it was "satan" changing my mind.

what's said is that I would have at one point actually said that.

That's just messed up.

Posted by: sithlorddaddy ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 12:59AM

We had ours pull up out of the blue last month while my family and I were bbq-ing outside. The look on the teachers face when he saw my wife smoking and me drinking a beer was priceless! :-)

My kids were running around playing with the neighbors kids and the VT made a comment of "It looks like you all are doing well." with a look of shock on his face I can exist outside of that church. My wife told him we didn't need the Morg to be well and happy. (they haven't been back since)

The damn RS visiting teacher brought a book by about being a good "mormon parent" after we dropped out of the church. We flipped through it and read the part about Disney's Beauty and the Beast promoted bestiality and wasn't an appropriate "spiritual" movie and should be ignored. We threw the book down and said, "Fuck em".

Date: April 02, 2011 01:01AM

The few times i was investigating and visited the local LDS church, there was a child who had a red cloth bible in which it is the "child's BOM" the child was app. 3.

Date: April 02, 2011 01:05AM

It's simply brainwashing making a 3 year old carry the bible around.

everyone knows all three year olds can read.

Posted by: Quoth the Raven "Nevermo" ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 09:57PM

sukiyhtaky --

You wrote-
"I spend my days working with the homeless and gang kids after retiring and suffering a spinal injury. I resigned from the LDS church but remain friendly with the bishop who helps with the local homeless."
-------------------------
OMG, you are a saint, and we didn't realize it! Damn we are goin to hell in a handbasket for calling you on your shit.

Well, Saint Suki, if you resigned from the Crotch of Joseph Smith's Lost Dull Saints, then why did you post to Think4u that snarky comment about how she was the mother that no one would want to be sealed to for all eternity? Just wanted to inflict a little Christ-like pain on her? Why post about a fantasy that was all in Joe the ho's imagination?

You hang with homeless because they are the only ones who will put up with you.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: April 02, 2011 10:53PM

what I can determine.

Persistent, regular, short contact at a home? Yes. They are not violent and do not threaten violence. But stalking? I really think that is an incorrect word for someone stopping by to visit on a regular basis. There is no need to answer the phone or open the door. Besides, it can be stopped.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2011 12:49AM by SusieQ#1.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.