Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 09:58PM

There is a family picnic following the two hour Stake Conference. I may go.

DAB is going to 'call' the new - and let go of the old - stake precedent.

After seeing him in that video (from a couple of years ago) manhandling that young boy, embarrassing him and not even answering his question, making him cry, it is obvious he is not a good teacher, authority, saint or man.

If I go to the service, what might he "talk" on?

Has anyone see this mouthpiece toot before?

Any great lore?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 10:01PM

despicable soul-less shell of a man

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 10:29PM

Maybe you should get a remote control fart machine and duct tape it under a pew up front. Then when there is a brief moment of silence while Bed at is speaking, you push the button. Then you can report back how much fun you had attending the meeting.

LMAO at the thought of it.

Date: March 21, 2015 10:47PM

I am thinking about something like that (if I go), and I do.

Definitely wish I had some insiders, some young boys - practical jokesters themselves - willing to play along. Maybe I could sneak one of them my whoopie cushion (and be the cause of him getting beat)... or just stick my hand under my arm and, invisibly, let one rip, ventriloquism-style.

This is a time I wish I had a self-inking MormonTHINK.com rubber stamp.

Maybe a bouncy ball.

Paper airplanes.

FIRECRACKERS

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 11:05PM

My first impression of him is that he is a douche.

Date: March 21, 2015 11:14PM

rationalist01 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My first impression of him is that he is a douche.

That is my first, last and only impression of him.

Date: March 22, 2015 09:52AM

The security is to keep him away from (ordinary) people - not the other way around.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: March 23, 2015 12:12PM

Yes, probably to keep him from inciting a big scandal that could do the church in. They really need to keep him away from kids. That video of him and that young boy was super creepy. If it wasn't molestation, it was certainly abuse (physical and mental). And all the sheeple were sitting there with shit-eatin grins on their faces. Cultish and creepy as it gets.

Date: March 22, 2015 10:38AM

Is crying a necessary part of 'leading', praying and testimony bearing, even when a visiting GA is present?

That makes three out of four, so far.

Will Bednar cry?

Stay tuned

P.S.> make that six out of eight.

P.P.S.> Bednar made people cry so hard they laughed. The children are still crying out loud! They too are hungry, for the truth and lunch.

It has been mentioned already a few times that he has to be hurried away immediately after ward to the airport.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2015 11:52AM by moremany.

Posted by: siobhan ( )
Date: March 22, 2015 12:36PM

Start blubbering yourself and you might get a free meal out of it.

Posted by: Yeah, I saw him ( )
Date: March 22, 2015 11:07AM

Before I got out, he came to our stake.

He gave a boring talk during the Saturday session and when we weren't singing to his satisfaction, he stopped us and said he wished he could take a picture of us with his iPhone and project it onto the wall so we could see how unenthusiastic we were.

He also bragged about his "apolitisic keys" so many times that I lost count.

In the Sunday session, he was boring and I dozed off, but he did talk about the missionary selection process, involving, as I recall, something to do with large computer screens and so forth.

Also there was Pres. Eyring's son, who is/was the area authority. I fell asleep (I was in the third row right in front of the pulpit) and when my wife nudged me awake, Bednar was almost out of his seat, glaring at me.

I later got called into the bishop's office for callling Bednar "arrogant." Good times!

Posted by: johnnyboy ( )
Date: March 22, 2015 11:28PM

Omg. I would have replied to bednerd " I wish I could take a video of you and post it up on the wall so you could see how boring your talk was".

I can't believe he actually stopped the crowd singing. That's some serious doucheness

Posted by: disenchanted ( )
Date: March 23, 2015 12:09AM

OMG... am I proud? I think I'm proud of you, wait... yep! Totally proud!

Posted by: lapsed ( )
Date: March 23, 2015 09:33AM

"Elder Bednar, I wish I could video you right now with my iPhone to show you how mind-numbingly dull your talk is."

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 22, 2015 11:36AM

(couldn't help but notice, Thanks)

NOT 'Elder' Bednar, JA JA!

wonderful, marvelous!!

Date: March 22, 2015 11:37AM

If it weren't for repeating stories, General Authoritians would be silent.

He thinks he is funny

He thinks he is cute

He thinks he is smart

He thinks he is cool

He is obviously smarmy, arrogant, dark, twisted and needs humbling, bad!

Poor children - and adults - who look up to him/ people like him.

Posted by: generationofvipers ( )
Date: March 22, 2015 12:05PM

I think this is the best summary of him. He thinks he is the bomb diggety and he is a total dress-socks-and-Bermuda-shorts dweeb. Awkward. Slow of speech. Takes himself extremely seriously. Stupid enough to buy his own hype about himself.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: March 22, 2015 11:52AM

After watching the video of him with the boy, I am convinced Bednar belongs in jail.

And after watching a few episodes of Lockup on MSNBC, I am convinced Bednar would not do well in General Population.

Although it would be nice to see him covered in prison tats. Probably not MS 13, or the Aryan Brotherhood. More like tattoos of "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam" and "Popcorn popping on the apricot tree" of which I am confused has never been sampled on a hp hop album.

Posted by: Agnes Broomhead ( )
Date: March 22, 2015 02:40PM

Hey, give the man a break.

He actually showed up, instead of staying in SLC to prepare for conference!

Posted by: lr2014 ( )
Date: March 22, 2015 10:31PM

DECO can you please post a link to the Bednar video,I've heard others refer to it,however I've never seen it.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: March 23, 2015 12:07AM

lr2014 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> DECO can you please post a link to the Bednar
> video,I've heard others refer to it,however I've
> never seen it.

The link is posted below your post by someone. Pay attention at the 3:25 mark in the video.

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: March 23, 2015 12:12AM

Is he groping that boy at 3:25!???

Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: March 23, 2015 12:06AM

Isn't he the pickle guy!??

Posted by: ioasjkdspaodpa ( )
Date: March 23, 2015 08:56AM

Hey, I've both met with David and listened to him speak several times. He is a nice man, and easy to hold a conversation with. He will probably talk about obedience and "acting" rather than being "acted upon". He likes that topic a lot.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: March 23, 2015 09:09AM

So it will be double speak. Telling folks to act rather than be acted upon at the same time spouting "obedience".

Same old same old.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: March 23, 2015 12:17PM

A sunday picnic ? - WAY TOO MUCH like breaking the Sabbath from my MORmON family and background. If the Sabbath is not misery in its proper form, then its not the Sabbath!

Date: March 24, 2015 03:10PM

Between church, MCtemples, family, family-church teachings, work, church demands, callings, meetings, activities and so forth... a good time to eat is (usually) Sunday.

It's not really a picnic. It's more like, CHURCH IS OUT, YAY, LET'S EAT.

I went to eat sea people and bump uglies at the stake center with as few morons as possible.

It's like a once a year thing. Last year it was Gladys Knight.

Usually, those events are more open, friendly, mixed mos & not mos.

TTP: Besides crying (yes, even the opening prayer, starting out, ODHF, silence-crying, for a long time, then sniffling through the rest of the prayer), and saying Lord, thank you for all the blessings (almost too many) [and almost everyone trying to be funny], ILTC, TCIT, same old same old, DAB just wanted to remind everyone that you should come to church no matter what, did the leaders cannot lead you astray.

That's what he is doing.
Like leading a cigarette to an ashtray.

Posted by: lilburne ( )
Date: March 24, 2015 08:02PM

I think David A Bedpan is a better name as he's so full of chit, and what he says stinks yet he still wants you to swallow it.

Date: March 30, 2015 03:02AM

to get his hands on the gold and be at the controls.

He actually mentioned the guy behind the curtains... and said don't pay attention to him.

He is the man without the brain, and without the heart and without the courage.

He speaks two languages: nonsense... and some other obscure language you really just can't understand

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.