Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ohdeargoodness ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 02:57PM

I'm in a newly made mission that is obviously designed for reactivation to maximize temple attendance, but I've only been visited by the Elders once.

Are there any other less actives in the same boat?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: straightoutacumorah ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 03:44PM

I dont know that I am in a specifically "reactivation" mission but live in the south end of the SL valley. There are tons of missionaries here and I see loads of them walking the streets and in WalMart on Mondays, etc. This is one of the most densely Mormon areas even in Utah, so I cant fathom what else these idiot kids are doing but bother inactives and ex-mo's since there are damn few people here who are never mo. I have had them come by my house a good 8-10 times in the last 18 months.

Posted by: hausfrau ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 04:26PM

We might be in the same area of the south end of SL county. I see a lot of missionaries. Luckily only two sets have come by in the last three years. There is a lot of growth in my area, and where there is still lots of construction, they have had a problem with phony missionaries. At least one case of Elder missionaries who are dressed as missionaries, tags and everything, but they are just scoping out whatever they want to find out. Weird. I actually saw Elder missionaries, the same day I heard about this, on a corner waiting for the traffic light. They were on foot and waving to cars. They looked like twins, wearing gray sweater vests. Maybe those were the culprits and they went to the same store to buy their outfits? Who knows... Hope they don't come to my door!

Posted by: rationalist01 ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 03:49PM

Who'd have guessed that the best way to avoid missionaries would be to move to another part of the country? I haven't seen any in my area, even though you'd think Kentucky might be considered ripe for the harvest. 47% of Kentuckians are not affiliated with an organized religion.

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 04:00PM

I've read that Kentucky has always had something of a libertarian streak. Apparently it's not a hotbed of fundamentalism like Alabama or Oklahoma.

Posted by: ohdeargoodness ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 04:10PM

Interesting. Who woulda thunk!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 04:10PM

She's doing her second fulltime elder mission and obviously wanted to reactivate me. Sadly, I had to cut her off because she's now the most brainwashed person I could imagine. Her mission this time is from her home.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.