Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 12:41PM

I guess I need to start carrying around a D&C and a BoA with me, since Missionaries no longer carry their scriptures with them and don't really want to discuss them in detail, because they're so embarrassed by the insane nonsense their perverted PRofit mistook for 'divine revelation from God'.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIdhV3839RA&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXW-CHtD07g&list=UUJX9pqr08F65gDW7JLYkajw

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: neverevermo ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 12:47PM

missionaries don't carry their bibles around with them anymore? what do they refer to?

Date: March 21, 2015 12:53PM

because they know they're indefensible.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 01:01PM

Very few people actually convert. The true purpose is for the missionaries to face derision and ridicule in the name of Mormonism, defend their faith and return even more dedicated to the LDS cult. If this is no longer working then LD$,Inc. is in for a lot of trouble...

Date: March 21, 2015 01:07PM

As a missionary I had to dig down to the depths of my soul, with all of my experience and intuition to refute those who said I was representing a lie.
That just made me tougher, more street smart, more able to answer any and all criticism against 'the faith of my Fathers".
It wasn't until I became a Father and my children started asking me serious questions about our faith that I decided I'd find real answers to their serious questions and that I'd follow the evidence to where it led, to the most logical conclusion, that Joseph's Myth is a fraud.
That admission cleared up years and years of angst caused by all that CogDis.
Had anybody bothered to point out to me that JS and BY cuckolded their followers by making whores out of their wives and that the Mormon church actually published an article on it admitting as much. I would have packed my bags and been on the next flight home.
Defending that behavior is deplorable.
They're immoral to do so.
There is no excuse for ignorance in the information age.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2015 01:09PM by koriwhore.

Posted by: unabashed ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 02:22PM

The missionary program is designed to create an evangelical experience for the missionary that binds them to a life inside the LDS faith. It is only minimally related to faith formation. It's irresponsible to think someone can make a fair and full faith decision in a few lessons from untrained kids. The LDS have such a low retention rate and devote almost no resources to actually ground a new member in christianity. In fact, few LDS members seem to know anything about the basic of christianity, despite their overwhelming desire to be considered christian.

Date: March 21, 2015 04:29PM

They only called the Mormon Crutch "The Church of Jesus Christ of LDS" because they didn't want to seem like what they were, a Doomsday Sex Cult built upon the foundation of exploition.
It still works amazingly well towards that end.

Posted by: the investigator ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 06:00PM

The ones around my neck of the woods do carry them with them, and quoted bits from it to me in the street.
Just saying.:)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.