Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: generationofvipers ( )
Date: March 20, 2015 10:25AM

I did everything for her. I thought she was perfect. She seemed so honest. She always talked about how important honesty was and demanded I tell her everything about my past and present. She told me she was a virgin from a great family, respected and loved in her community. She had been a model student and great contributor to society. The only unpleasantry in her past was that she was bullied a little when she was younger and that made her pretty touchy. She got really prickly and took any suggestions very personally. We disagreed a little on her views of marriage equality, since she was against it and I was for it, but she had her strong opinions that had been confirmed by a personal witness, she said. I did everything I could for her, worked constantly, sacrificed my time and gave up a lot of things that I would have liked to be doing. Even though I thought she was a little weird I knew she was the best woman in the whole world. We all have our faults, right?

But last year when I was cleaning our closet I came across some letters she had receieved and journals she had written. I couldn't process what I was seeing at first. I thought it must be a mistake, a joke, a trick, or something. I felt terribly guilty for reading them, but I couldn't help it. She was no virgin before we were married. She had had many, many others. I wouldn't really have cared, but she had lied to me about that on countless occasions. But since our marriage she had cheated on me many times. And that wasn't the worst of it. She had been caught stealing, arrested for embezzlement, convicted of defrauding people. Who was this woman? She had even been convincingly implicated in several murders. The language she used in her journals was awful, very upsetting. Racist, homophobic, frankly disgusting at times, but all with a sanctimonious tone that seemed almost psycopathic compared to the hatred she was spewing.

I confronted her about the journals, about things I had read and seen with my own eyes. She lied to my face. Worse, she became angry at me. She threatened me. She told me that our kids loved her better and she would take the from me if I made a problem for her. She told me that my own mother and father would take her side. I didn't believe her. But I was wrong. They not only took her side, they threatened to cut me off, told me I was being a very evil person, that I was trying to ruin my family. I told them about the journals and letter, tried to show them the words she had written, but they made excuses and wouldn't even look.

I came to doubt, not only my wife, but EVERYTHING. Was the love of my wife, even in the past, real? The love of my parents? The connection I had with my children? Was there any such thing as love or truth or was it all just people doing what served their wants? Most of all I doubted myself, couldn't trust my own judgment. If I could have been played like that for so long, if my spouse could look at me as disposable, if even my own flesh and blood could threaten to cut me off, what good could I be?

So now I hate her. I see her for what she is. Every word she speaks sounds phony. All her pretentions are offensive to me. She tells me she is changing, but I don't care. I don't believe it. I have seen her in action. I go through the motions of marriage, giver her my money, even sleep with her, but it is loathsome to me. I never tell her I love her. One day I will be strong enough to divorce her. I keep hoping my family will see who she really is and stop defending her and attacking me.

Of course you have guessed by now that the "spouse" in the post is LDS inc.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lilburne ( )
Date: March 20, 2015 10:36AM

but she had you at Hello.

Posted by: hopefulhusband ( )
Date: March 20, 2015 10:41AM

that was fantastic. thank you for writing that

Posted by: hfo ( )
Date: March 20, 2015 10:44AM

Great, I'm going to keep that one, and maybe put it up on the fridge for a few days.

Posted by: abaddon ( )
Date: March 20, 2015 10:48AM

You didn't think it was odd when she got arrested for embezzlement?

Posted by: Gay Philosopher ( )
Date: March 20, 2015 10:48AM

Great work, GenerationOfVipers!

Steve

Posted by: wanderinggeek ( )
Date: March 20, 2015 10:51AM

Very well done and very powerful. Thank you

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: March 20, 2015 10:52AM

Absolutely SCARY well done!!!

Posted by: SoCal Apostate ( )
Date: March 20, 2015 11:18AM

I caught on at the middle of the second paragraph.

Well done!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 20, 2015 11:24AM

I was about to inform you that you are married to a sociopath, and she won't change. She can't change. And that sociopaths can be really good at putting up a convincing front. They are great imitators. They can often "pass" in normal society.

But you already know all that. :)

Posted by: Tall Man, Short Hair ( )
Date: March 20, 2015 12:25PM

Extremely well done. Thanks for posting this. That wife of yours had her way with me and 5 generations before me as well. Fortunately, she's not aging well, and we can only hope a new generation will see her for the tired old wh*re she really is.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: March 20, 2015 12:45PM

"She had been caught stealing, arrested for embezzlement, convicted of defrauding people."

"She had even been convincingly implicated in several murders."

What, were you out of town when this happened, never read a local newspaper or over heard any gossip?

To me you have a great imagination, you should write paperbacks for a little extra side income.

Posted by: quinlansolo ( )
Date: March 20, 2015 01:10PM

Posted by: moose ( )
Date: March 20, 2015 01:11PM

On another thread, "The Exorcist" is discussed along with other books and movies. I happen to love a scary tale. I've never had a nightmare from any of them.

This story will give me nightmares (note the plural!).

Chilling.

LD$, Inc. The greatest horror story ever told.

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: March 20, 2015 01:17PM

The journals, oh the journals! Specifically, The Journal of Discourses and The History of the Church. That is meat no milk prepares you for. On my first perusal I felt that even if the 'church is true' the church is bad. How present day LDSinc grew out of that puzzles me a little more each time I think of it.

Posted by: anonfornow ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 12:20PM

Human Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The journals, oh the journals! Specifically, The
> Journal of Discourses and The History of the
> Church. That is meat no milk prepares you for. On
> my first perusal I felt that even if the 'church
> is true' the church is bad.

There's a thought. Moroni, the demon, and JS, the pefect guy for the job. Will do kids and wetwork, too.

Posted by: siobhan ( )
Date: March 20, 2015 01:40PM

Good story! For extra measure check out the latter part of I, Claudius when messalina is in the mix.

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: March 20, 2015 01:44PM

She sounds kind of sexy to me

Posted by: danr ( )
Date: March 20, 2015 01:48PM

What about the part that she had a lot of money but is fat an ugly?

Posted by: OutandHappy ( )
Date: March 20, 2015 07:38PM

I was married to the same woman. And guess what? I left her and I'm not going back to her. She begs me to come back every six months but I don't listen.

She's not just mean, manipulative, and deceitful. She is boring, old, unexciting, out of touch, and stupid.

Screw LDS, inc.

Posted by: saanhetna ( )
Date: March 20, 2015 10:09PM

Wow. I got so emotional I didn't read it to the end. Then I see the posts and I think, you heartless bastards!@#$!!!
And that's what two glasses of fine Oregon wine does to a rational brain. Thank you generation... for the mini breakdown.;)

Posted by: laperla not logged in ( )
Date: March 20, 2015 11:36PM

"she found a better deal with a bigger fool than me"

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: March 20, 2015 11:57PM

And for those of us who ***have*** been cheated on and really, badly emotionally scarred by the experience, yeah we saw what you did, there.

I, for one, am not terribly impressed by your attempt at being clever.

You didn't mean to upset people, you didn't realise that it would make people trigger as they were reading it, blah, blah, blah, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Yeah. We saw what you did, there.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2015 11:58PM by matt.

Posted by: Papa Bear ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 12:40AM

Excellent work!

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 01:04AM

I thought you had married my ex-wife.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 01:53AM

Yup. This illustrates why my husband's ex was attracted to LDS, Inc. They are birds of a feather.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 04:41AM

I had a forced Mormon calling in the single adults over 35, and heard a lot of stories about divorces. One thing that the happiest, easiest people had in common is that, while they were still trapped in the marriage, they looked for a "soft place to land," as Dr. Phil calls it.

It's much easier for these forward-looking people to leave, because they have a rosy future ahead (whether it's true or not) It helped me, my husband, and my children, the first time we escaped, to have good non-Mormon friends--golf groups, tennis groups, play-date groups, and especially our great little neighborhood Lutheran school. We fit in with others who were diverse in race and economic level, who were very kind, and believed in God's Love. They were the most family-oriented group I have ever known, before or since. A soft place to land, and we ran to them with open arms!

Remember, once a spouse cheats on you and lies to you, well, to be fair, maybe "three strikes and you are out" You would be wise to find someone else, or, as I did, no one else, and live as a happy divorcee. Can you even count the lies the LDS cult has told us? Can you count the adultery? Our whole elder's quorum in California cheated on their wives, and covered up for each other with lies. The entire lot of them were excommicated. I'd never heard of a scandal like that.

Posted by: alexisar ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 05:06AM

Brilliant analogy. Your "spouse" sucks.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 06:38AM

Note the the Bible uses the comparison of marriage. Well done.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2015 06:41AM by rhgc.

Posted by: New name ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 08:43PM

Superb. Really well done. One to share...over and over.

Posted by: amyjomeg ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 09:52PM

You described a sociopath.

Never heard a church be called that before, but learn something new every day.

You wouldn't be safe staying in that loveless marriage. And if you stay, must sleep with your eyes wide open!

Leaving isn't an option in other words. It is mandatory!

There are individual Mormons who could be described as cold blooded murderers and sociopaths in recent memory. Martin MacNeil, of Pleasant Grove, Utah was one such delightsome, loathsome man. Former bishop of his ward, married to a former beauty queen, temple marriage, 8 children.

At his murder trial it was disclosed he was never a real doctor, he faked his medical credentials. He'd murdered a brother when they were teenagers, just never got caught. Besides cheating on his wife with his mistress, he plotted her murder and would've gotten away with it if not for the perseverance of his grown daughters who did not rest until he was brought to justice.

Now behind bars for life, where he belongs. But a Mormon psychopath bishop who fooled laypeople and medical professionals, and church officials alike for years and years?

Just more proof of a dysfunctional church and blind leading blind mentality.. ie., do as I say, not as I do.

The Mormons in his community didn't suspect him of any wrongdoing. They exalted him like a mini God - that fed his already over inflated ego and sociopathy..

A microcosm if you will, of the bigger picture/dilemma that is inherent with the church today.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.