Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: southern idaho inactive ( )
Date: March 18, 2015 12:06PM

Elder Bednar visits LDS Church's Pacific Area, rededicates New Zealand MTC

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865624052/Elder-Bednar-visits-the-Pacific.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: March 18, 2015 02:25PM

Faces.

Read the article. Besides making you sick... and give you a headache!

And loves looking into their eyes and shaking the hands off each one of these STRONG, diverse, faithful young men.

He'd better not get too near any of the "young men" around here when he visits this weekend [to call (to duty) the new steak pres. & drive this one to his new position, M.P.].

What a gobble.

Talk about fluff.

Most Mormons can't see right through him. Poor wife. Children.

Posted by: michaelm (not logged in) ( )
Date: March 18, 2015 02:44PM

"He emphasized that racial, cultural and economic traditions are superseded by “the gospel plan.”"

Cultural genocide in action.

Posted by: Ex-Sister Sinful Shoulders ( )
Date: March 19, 2015 01:16AM

That is really disturbing. What a clueless jerk.

Date: March 21, 2015 08:52PM

Addicted Mormon kids, parents, and grandparents want to get a glimpse (of the pimps) - they seem excited.

There will be an abundance of hopeful, trusting youth, a few packs of freshly returned mishies, lot's of struggling families and eager old folks just all bubbly.

The mission of his coming is "calling" a new SP, while the current one gets his call to Pacific Islands - "wonderful people".

Question: if I go, should I go try to shake his hand, and say,

"I really like the lesson you taught that boy, in front of all those people, in that church sanctioned viral video a few years back.

"You sure showed him how to get back to reading his scriptures!"

"Holding and manhandling him, teasing him and freaking him out!"

"Way to go!"

"You suck!"

What a dick!

M@t

P.S.> (What a sorry excuse for a leader... a saintly man... or a gentleman)

[About Stage Conference (twice a year) - it is (only) 2 hours so you get out an hour earlier than usual.

Everybody runs to the doors and heads for lunch.]

Posted by: weeder ( )
Date: March 18, 2015 02:46PM

What was wrong with the original dedication?

Oh yeah, RE-dedication means another MEETING where a GA can strut his stuff.

Posted by: Liz ( )
Date: March 18, 2015 03:14PM

Rededications of temples always reminds me of people who HAVE to bless their food at every single meal. Even leftovers. Aren't leftovers blessed the first time?

I always thought it was strange to rededicate the new carpets, plumbing, and paint.

Did anything really change? No, but it gives the GAs something with which to indoctrinate the locals.

To emphasize that racial, cultural, and economic traditions are superceded by the gospel plan is very telling.

It may be tradition to feed your family and save for retirement, but the gospel plan is to pay money to the church first. That supercedes any family tradition.

And racial traditions seem to be superceded as well. Give up your family historical culture and become a white and delightsome Americanized family. One size fits all, or at least the leaders want it that way.

Diversity is not in the lexicon of mormonism.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: March 21, 2015 09:04PM

I guess TSCC says that if a temple has to be repaired, it's been defiled by the unworthy gentiles and is unclean and must be rededicated before it's used again.

Posted by: Historischer ( )
Date: March 18, 2015 03:18PM

Elder Bednar? ELDER Bednar? Isn't that showing him too much respect, considering what he's doing? Or is an elder just an older guy, which is what Bednar appears to be at age 62?

You decide.

Posted by: sportsguy ( )
Date: March 18, 2015 07:41PM

It is too bad he wasn't stranded on that same island as Gilligan was.

Date: March 18, 2015 10:44PM

What does he say about Zion?

He talks about the Pacific Islands members/ people like a coach to his or her players- to pump them up!

He says:
There is “a simple steadiness and a goodness” that defines Latter-day Saints in the Church’s Pacific Area..."

Shouldn't that define LDS anywhere?

"The missionaries were very eager to learn. They have tremendous mission presidents and wives,” Elder Bednar stated. “We thoroughly enjoy every opportunity we have to be with the missionaries.”

Thoroughly in what way? Being with is, of course, not the same as being around. Tremendous wives and presidents? Eager to learn (packaged dialogue)? [NO tact, PERSONALITY, or wisdom here]

"Regardless of their background or traditions, these people love the gospel and the Lord. They are devoted and faithful. As a result of my interactions with these wonderful people, I returned home with an even stronger faith in the Savior and a desire to be a more devoted disciple of Jesus Christ.”

STRONGER THAN?

MORE DEVOTED?

DISCIPLINE?

Jesus Christ

Aren't we wonderful?

You'd have thought (or isn't he supposed to) he worked with, and around, WONDERFUL people all the time.

Does he talk about the American - UTAHN - people so highly?

I wonder what he's going to say next week, not that I'm going but... If I go, I've got to find or replace my headphones (music goes so much better with drama and dogma), like the SP - being replaced - who may be going to N.Z., where people are wonderful.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: March 18, 2015 10:49PM

Hope he stops by Rarotonga and sees the signs posted at the end of peoples long driveways. I wish I'd snapped a picture of one of those signs that say:

NO MORMONS!!!

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: March 19, 2015 12:29AM

Did he call the Maori Lamanites or has that crap gone down the memory hole?

Posted by: poopstone ( )
Date: March 19, 2015 12:54AM

well we can't all be purebread. some of us are mutts.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.